PDA

View Full Version : Feedback "Public Invite Area open again and infos about PM rights!!!"

hitman
22.05.10, 02:53
You can leave as usual feedback here.

Announcement (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f133/public-invite-area-open-again-infos-about-pm-rights-20299/)

Extraterrestrial
22.05.10, 06:28
I want to post a giveaway but it seems a trade section only since the giveaway thread is closed, what can i do?

saebrtooth
22.05.10, 06:54
Place in ur title "Giveaway - [whatever]"

SBfreak
22.05.10, 13:28
Just keep the givewaways till you get member title.Those invites will most likely be wasted on people who occasionally visit this forum.
@ mods: What's the reason behinds this move.Is SBi just another trade forum?

hitman
22.05.10, 15:42
we need to look what we can do with the giveaway thread in the public area. i hope that we have a decision this weekend.

to just give everybody the chance to trade at the own risk of course. we have the private invite area if someone want a better security its up to everybody what he want to choose. we will see where it will lead again

saebrtooth
22.05.10, 16:12
Dont worry sbfreak if invites are given in the public forum u too can get some :tongue:

I think this is a good idea, if u dont experiment how can u know?

This will bring more people to sbi and Im sure when word gets out they will also window shop (look at the cheat threads) and maybe post a few q and a's. More traffic then there will be the possibility of more members.

When people come here they will immediaty see that the public invite area is simply just a a small part of SBI. Its like u have a car (invite) but u still need to learn to drive (mods, tools, knowledge etc). I really dont see much of a downside.

The only thing I can think of is what happens when some1 wants to trade high lvl invites/accs? Of course the members area is much more secure and people would trust it more there.

anon
22.05.10, 18:20

No! This isn't BTRACS or an invite forum. hitman pretty much said it all. We thought it'd be a good idea to let everyone trade or give invites away here without having the need to reach the Member title. And the facts we don't log IPs and have an image hoster whitelist as well as a link anonymizer would make the place safer than other forums where Web bugs and IP-grabbing links are commonplace.

Regarding GAs, people that just spam their way to 10 posts, ask for an invite in a giveaway and leave forever will be dealt with. You (in plural) can also do your part by having moderate requirements for your future public giveaways (if any) and looking at users' post histories before you send the invite.

The only thing I can think of is what happens when some1 wants to trade high lvl invites/accs? Of course the members area is much more secure and people would trust it more there.

We're working on that at the moment. There may be a few middlemen.

Instab
22.05.10, 19:10
There may be a few middlemen.

... what makes us an even better choice in comparison :D

SBfreak
22.05.10, 20:45
Ohh I get it now.You just wanted to make SBi a secure place for trading.
We have no connections with any trackers.
But what's good at bringing traders here?

anon
22.05.10, 20:48
But what's good at bringing traders here?

Either having an active forum or me wanting to trade my way to FTN, you decide.

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

We're generally open for feedback and eager to try new stuff, and this looked like worth the effort.

What good having more traders here will do... I couldn't tell you, but hopefully nothing bad :lol:

SBfreak
22.05.10, 20:52
We will gain active members through time...Try remembering the forum when I joined..better when you joined.
I'm not saying it's a bad implementation or anything.

anon
22.05.10, 20:53
Try remembering the forum when I joined..

Yes, the Ratio Faker spamfests. :lol:

caballero
22.05.10, 20:59
I will tell you what good they will bring:

I register in some forums just to get a program which needed a reply or a thanks button (25 arabic forums on my last count :tongue:). It had been a long time since I really been active on any forum, however, when I came to SB-I and pressed the thanks button for anon RM thread I lurked in the forum for a little bit. I noticed how the community here is linked up and how nice people are so I decided to become active (didn't right the username in a text file :D).

So all I'm saying, similar scenarios will occur; people will come here for a trade and end up loving the place.

cheatos
22.05.10, 21:01
I will tell you what good they will bring:

I register in some forums just to get a program which needed a reply or a thanks button (25 arabic forums on my last count :tongue:). It had been a long time since I really been active on any forum, however, when I came to SB-I and pressed the thanks button for anon RM thread I lurked in the forum for a little bit. I noticed how the community here is linked up and how nice people are so I decided to become active (didn't right the username in a text file :D).

So all I'm saying, similar scenarios will occur; people will come here for a trade and end up loving the place.

you don't need to click the "Thanks" button to view mods :naughty:

anon
22.05.10, 21:01
You do if you're registered! :shifty:

cheatos
22.05.10, 21:05
i stand corrected :unsure:

saebrtooth
23.05.10, 03:42
... what makes us an even better choice in comparison :D

well mods are gona be the overseers no doubt

Instab
23.05.10, 03:46
well mods are gona be the overseers no doubt

middlemen don't have to be mods

fakeking
23.05.10, 05:28
So, the intention is to become a real public enemy to tracker staff, pal. :tongue:

SB-i is the forum for cheater, trader, spammer and seller members. :klatsch_3:

Instab
23.05.10, 06:37
So, the intention is to become a real public enemy to tracker staff, pal. :tongü:

absolutely no sellers!
well and spammers not too many i hope :P

caballero
23.05.10, 17:15
we need to look what we can do with the giveaway thread in the public area. i hope that we have a decision this weekend.

I see that you have already reached the decision about the giveaway thread.

I guess a new giveaway thread will be opened in the private section, isn't it a good idea to do it the other way round?

anon
23.05.10, 17:42

What? :huh:

fakeking
24.05.10, 11:18
anon, I'm just reuse the statement when a user with banned countries IP in what.cd interview channel got kicked. :wink:

anon
24.05.10, 17:47
Oh, so it was a joke :tongue:

hitman
24.05.10, 19:37
I guess a new giveaway thread will be opened in the private section, isn't it a good idea to do it the other way round?

old giveaway thread is back in the private area we had an issue yesterday but its now back where it belongs.

old giveaway thread in the public area is still under discussion.

fakeking
25.05.10, 03:00
hitman, so the second giveaway thread is private only?. But I saw some new member make giveaway there, pal. No luck for me :frown:

Instab
25.05.10, 03:21
hitman, so the second giveaway thread is private only?. But I saw some new member make giveaway there, pal. No luck for me :frown:

the second one is for member title users and higher

saebrtooth
25.05.10, 03:54
middlemen don't have to be mods

So who? Are staff gona appoint or...

Instab
25.05.10, 04:03
So who? Are staff gona appoint or...

if you wanna volunteer ... :D

saebrtooth
25.05.10, 04:05
hey no probs :biggrin:

fakeking
25.05.10, 11:40
What is a middleman use for in trading, pal?.

SBfreak
25.05.10, 12:21
In case you don't trust the person you are trading with.

saebrtooth
25.05.10, 13:55
ie two untrusted people gives invites or acc details to trusted middleman
middleman does the exchange and passes on the invites/acc to intended person

anon
25.05.10, 17:46
Yeah, a middleman gets the login data for both accounts, checks them, and if they're OK gives them to the opposite person.

Needless to say, he must be 100% trusted.

saebrtooth
26.05.10, 04:01
Yeah, a middleman gets the login data for both accounts, checks them, and if they're OK gives them to the opposite person.

Needless to say, he must be 100% trusted.

anon is trying to set u the fort knox of invite trading. Ultra secure :tongue:

Im not sure but maybe a secure tranfer is good enuf. the type of service SBI should be giving should be restricted to secure exchange only possibly unless staff have other ideas.

If we check, from what I gather ur meaning, by way of loging in, if its an account, then it may become disabled due to to this. However if its an invite code all we can do is pass it on in the exchange.

Starting to scratch out how things will be like, Im not sure myself as im not in the loop, but I can only share my opinions.

Instab
26.05.10, 04:26
If we check, from what I gather ur meaning, by way of loging in, if its an account, then it may become disabled dü to to this. However if its an invite code all we can do is pass it on in the exchange.

depends on the tracker and the wishes of the 2 traders.

saebrtooth
26.05.10, 05:59
Are you suggesting we should do all the background work and verify if change of country is possible for their exchange? What happens when we dont have the correct info? Who will be to blame?

If we give the traders the decsion to wether or not to check the authenticity of the account thats takes off the blame from the middleman. However this also put the middle man in a dangerous situation.

[edit]
this actually in effect makes the public trading even more secure than the Private Members trading, this checking was put in place

Instab
26.05.10, 06:06
Are you suggesting we should do all the background work and verify if change of country is possible for their exchange? What happens when we dont have the correct info? Who will be to blame?

If we give the traders the decsion to wether or not to check the authenticity of the account thats takes off the blame from the middleman. However this also put the middle man in a dangerous situation.

[edit]
this actually in effect makes the public trading even more secure than the Private Members trading, this checking was put in place

just suggested that the traders should decide about the risk and if they're willing to take it

saebrtooth
26.05.10, 06:14
I still dont think that checking is a good idea cos a tracker can put up a trap for the middleman.

Here is an account I want u to trade
middleman out of goodwill logs in tracker to check authenticity
tracker logs IP. Wow this Ba*tard is from SBI bye bye and Global Bainsvile hello.

Instab
26.05.10, 06:28
I still dont think that checking is a good idea cos a tracker can put up a trap for the middleman.

Here is an account I want u to trade
middleman out of goodwill logs in tracker to check authenticity
tracker logs IP. Wow this Ba*tard is from SBI bye bye and Global Bainsvile hello.

hehe, of course the middleman would have to use a proxy or vpn or whatever

saebrtooth
26.05.10, 06:34
yh i know but free types are always banned and I dont think it would be fair to the middleman if he/she had to fork out for premium stuff

And if used free services well then...

Instab
26.05.10, 06:37
yh i know but free types are always banned and I dont think it would be fair to the middleman if he/she had to fork out for premium stuff

And if used free services well then...

sure, middleman is voluntarily so in the end the middleman has to decide what he/she is willing to do

saebrtooth
26.05.10, 09:54
well sure ur mod for a reason hehe :top:

anon
26.05.10, 18:54
Im not sure but maybe a secure tranfer is good enuf. the type of service SBI should be giving should be restricted to secure exchange only possibly unless staff have other ideas.

Middlemen would be essentially optional, but strongly encouraged, specially when trading high-level stuff or with less known members.

We take no responsibility if the account(s) end up disabled, even with a middleman in use. Trade at your own risk - you're already breaking tracker's rules by doing so :tongue: