PDA

View Full Version : Heroes canceled

Instab
16.05.10, 07:37
It's official. NBC has cancelled "Herös."

The network seriously mulled bringing back "Herös" for a shortened final season to wrap up the serialized show.

In the end, given the fairly high cost of the drama, the show's consistently declining ratings and the number of new hour-longs coming to NBC next season, the network decided the UMS-produced series wasn't worth an additional season. Sources say the network is still leaving the door open to conclude the show with a special or movie.

The show has long had a rocky relationship with its fans. Out of the gate, "Herös" was a big hit for the network -- an ethnically diverse big-concept ensemble that performed well overseas. It was NBC's "Lost."

But the show's writers struggled to keep the show's twisting narrative on track. Characters were killed off and resurrected with regularity. Narrative threads were started, then abandoned. Unlike "Lost," there didn't seem to be series-long central qüstions driving the show that needed to be resolved with a final season.

source: Official: NBC cancels 'Herös' -- The Live Feed | THR (http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/05/nbc-cancels-herös.html)

alpacino
16.05.10, 08:37
Very very disappointing, I was following this series and hope they return sometime soon.

Mihai
16.05.10, 09:22
They didn't even had a proper ending:frown:

saebrtooth
16.05.10, 09:24
It was like a half ending. Out of Lost and Heroes choice to watch, Heroes would have been the choice.

hellman
16.05.10, 09:27
no man ... lost was also good.... its sad to hear this news.. i'm not much into tv serials but this is one of the few i like so its dissappointing

yoco
16.05.10, 10:11
That's really great news :biggrin: Heroes weren't heroes since season 1. And I loved season 1.

C3PO
16.05.10, 10:40
It's official. NBC has cancelled "Heroes."

Thank God. The last 2 seasons were a torture.

SBfreak
16.05.10, 13:47
The addiction to these tv shows reminds me of grandma's soap opera .:tongue:

Instab
16.05.10, 19:04
The addiction to these tv shows reminds me of grandma's soap opera .:tongü:

in the last few years the top-level tv shows have surpassed movies by far. you just can't put as much in 2h as in a whole season of 45min episodes

SBfreak
16.05.10, 20:23
in the last few years the top-level tv shows have surpassed movies by far. you just can't put as much in 2h as in a whole season of 45min episodes

Yeah I know.I just said they're addictive.:tongue:

Instab
16.05.10, 20:26
just said they're addictive.:tongü:

that's the point :D

tokiodrift1
16.05.10, 23:10
I would also say that a good season of a tvshow is far better than a 90min-movie.

saebrtooth
17.05.10, 04:37
A classic hydrid ie mini series would be Lord of the Rings trilogy would be a good example of a compromise

If you were to sequeese all the seasons eps of Heroes into even 3 x 3hr movies it might work but a massive changes would have to take place. And definetly it cannot be done with 1.5hr single movie

mangathala2002
17.05.10, 08:45
That's really great news :biggrin: Heroes weren't heroes since season 1. And I loved season 1.

They should have stopped it after season 1.

yoco
17.05.10, 10:41
I completly agree with you! Season 2 maybe could be better if there wasn't that writers strike.