PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial: How to rip audio from any stream without any software, just windows tools

desodorante
21.04.10, 18:20
Hi all!

Maybe most/all of you know about this, but here is a little trick to avoid using weird toolbars and programs to rip audio from sites like Grooveshark, Youtube, etc. This method is useful when you can not or do not want to use those programs, for whatever reasons.

What you need:

-A bit of time
-Windows Sound Recorder
-Your favorite codec

So here is how it is done:

1-Mute MSN/ICQ/Skype or whatever programs alert you with sounds
2-Open Volume Control (Start>Run>Sndvol32)
3-Select Options/Properties
4-Select the Recording radiobutton
5-Mute all lines except for "Stereo mix" or whatever your audio output is called (to reduce noise)
6-Mark your audio out (click Select)
7-Load the track/video you want to rip and load it entirely
8-Now open Sound recorder
9-Click REC until you get the total length of what you want to rip.(leave some extra seconds)
10-Click File>Properties
11-Click on "Convert Now"
12-Select your codec and attributes (note it is in kbps and not kibps! multiply by 8)
13-Test your setup by playing the video and clicking REC (adjust the volume in the page, the control volume, check the quality of the recording, etc)
14-Record it!
15-Click on File, Save as

That is it! :top:

This method is in no way the best, as it will most likely have some BG noises but it gives you an acceptable level of quality and provides you with a 0-install way to rip audio streams :biggrin:

Hope you like it.
Cheers!

anon
21.04.10, 19:49
Moved.

I used to do this when I was a total noob and didn't know any other ways to rip audio from videos or streaming services :lol:

If you google a bit, you'll find a patch that extends the Sound Recorder's defauly length to 999 seconds. That's better than adding multiple blank WAVs one after the other to achieve the same effect.

dreamer
24.04.10, 15:33
lol this is hilarious! I used to do it too back in the day..
ahhh the good old sound recorder days!

zmist
25.06.10, 07:07
i used to do it using a mic ...:redface:

SBfreak
25.06.10, 16:19
I used to do this when I was a total noob and didn't know any other ways

I used to do it too back in the day..

i used to do it using a mic ...

I used to do it too.:biggrin:
First time I heard of it though..:frown:
rep added.

desodorante
25.06.10, 17:17
I used to do this too, but I realized no one really ever talks about it, and when I found a track I could not get in any P2P network, I decided to use it once again :wink: (while at work! :biggrin:)
BTW if anyone has "The Blues" by Glenn Underground, I will appreciate it.

anon
25.06.10, 17:29
i used to do it using a mic ...:redface:

I used not to bump threads.