PDA

View Full Version : Coffee vending machines should have...

anon
18.04.10, 18:44
...a rep system. A customer that has drunk at least a few dozen cups from the same box can't be charged the same as a newcomer. :dry:

SBfreak
18.04.10, 18:46
Yeah.It should be more expensive because he will buy again.

anon
18.04.10, 18:47
My original thought was decreasing the price, to make him buy even more and gain extra money in the long run, but you have an interesting theory. :tongue:

SBfreak
18.04.10, 18:48
Just find out how many coffee vending machines are near.:tongue:
If none double the price.

anon
18.04.10, 18:49
It happened with net cafes, and there's pretty much one in every block here... :dabs:

SBfreak
18.04.10, 18:54
Ok so lower the price.How are you going to implement the rep system?

anon
18.04.10, 18:59
You get one rep point per cup. Rep can go from 1 to 50. The first 10 points take effect immediately, decreasing the price 1 cent each. After you hit 10p, they begin to apply in steps of five (10-14 acts as 10, 15-19 acts as 15, 20-24 acts as 20, and so on).

Since each cup costs 1AR$, reaching 50 points has the two following effects:

you get a free coffee as a tribute to your great contribution to the vending machine
all future cups have a 50% discount

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

Suggestions are welcome.

SBfreak
18.04.10, 19:03
How can the coffee vending machine recognise you and see how much rep you have?

anon
18.04.10, 19:07
A personal card or something. Was going to say face recognition but I'm not comfortable with the idea.

SBfreak
18.04.10, 19:09
One last question.Who will pay for all these:biggrin:

anon
18.04.10, 19:09
The rep system, the coffee cups or the card? :unsure:

SBfreak
18.04.10, 19:11
rep system for every coffee vending machine??

anon
18.04.10, 19:11
Some guy will eventually take care of that.

pekamp
18.04.10, 19:13
nipples for milk.

slikrapid
18.04.10, 19:14
A personal card or something. Was going to say face recognition but I'm not comfortable with the idea.

lol, was going to say retina recognition ;)

yes, a prepaid card is a simpler solution, without personal identification problems, but then again, one probably doesn't spend that much time in net cafes or drinks that much (maybe through several weeks...), not to mention a possible incurable coffee/tea/... addiction or something :biggrin: :tongue:

SBfreak
nipples for milk. wtf 10 characters

Mihai
SO now you say i would need a card for a dreaking coffee?
No thank you!

anon
SO now you say i would need a card for a reaking coffee?

Only if you want to take advantage of the rep system :eek:

Mihai
18.04.10, 19:19
This at first.Then a stupid idiot will say:Hey why not use them all the time?
And then it will be worse

slikrapid
18.04.10, 19:19
or save a few cents on coffee that probably makes you regret drinking it in the first place

@pekamp

nice one, but who would use the internet then?

saebrtooth
19.04.10, 02:46
nipples for milk.

And we can save the coffee vending machine company's cost by manually milking them

---------- Post added at 01:46 ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 ----------

nice one, but who would use the internet then?

no one is gona use the internet if u coud get titties from a vending machine :biggrin:

Blocker
19.04.10, 04:47
anon; I think is a great idea

I think the idea of prepaid card is good

In addition soda vendor machines could be an option

:top:

saebrtooth
19.04.10, 05:11
Unless u use the same vending machine all the time, it might not be a good idea. bc the card would only work for that vending machine or that brand of vending machine.

Vending machine companies might get a lot of money if they sell bulk for ie 20 cups and customers only usee 15 because they dont use in the allotted time or the machines are not avalible whee the customer is.

this type of purchase would only be good for those customers who really really like coffee take make any use of the discount. but fro the casual customer its not worth it.

the vending company would have to make sure that there are many customers who are repeat and love their coffee otherwise the money put into making discount cards and validating htem would be too costly.

this would in affect become like a loyalty program for coffee vending machines like a supermarket but although u have the concept they still wont be a le to pull it off

pekamp
19.04.10, 10:09
Well, as most of us just dont want to have another new card (allready too many), than:

- stick to the big ones, f.e. payback germany (after bank card and insurance card third most used, multibrand (220+), 2/3 households have one, dont know other EU countries)

or

- wait for official RFID personal ID cards and let the customer agree to data security conditions, save his milk/sugar preset, and install a short range RFID scanner (transparent customer).

I like the first one the most. The RFID chips actually scare me off... and dont forgett the nipples!

anon
19.04.10, 14:47
saebrtooth, originally I was thinking of the card only working for an specific coffee machine, but I guess using for all from the same brand may work. Some kind of encouragement to use the former could be introduced, though, if necessary - for example, you get 25% less discount when using other ones.

- wait for official RFID personal ID cards and let the customer agree to data security conditions, save his milk/sugar preset, and install a short range RFID scanner (transparent customer).

I'll pass, thank you.

zipang
25.04.10, 10:57
I do not like if the machine ask me for tips.

anon
25.04.10, 17:45
Tips? But if the idea here is decreasing the price! :happy:

anon
26.04.10, 19:41
While walking home today, I thought I could give this different, random coffee machine in the street a spin. The price was 1.50AR$, against the 1.00 from the usual one, which I have a good rep with. OK, so far so good - perhaps it was worth the extra money. So, I drop a few coins in, and when looking for the "coffee with chocolate" button, I notice you can't fine-tune the amount of sugar like with the other machine - it was either super-sweet or extra bitter. I went for the former, i.e. the closest thing to good old +4 sugar I always choose. The machine didn't make up for this limitation with a bigger cup, either. That was another disappointment, but it didn't compare to the second I actually started drinking this would-be coffee with chocolate: the cup was full of foam at the top, and when I finally made it, the thing was simple chocolate, with no coffee, and annoyingly sweet.

I'm not using that machine anymore. :dabs: