PDA

View Full Version : InmunOS: New securised browser

Renk
12.04.10, 03:46
* InmunOS is a security platform that will provide to you a safe Internet experience. It works on Windows, It's free and, It is Open Source.

* It has been designed to allow the end users to surf the web -along other activities- with a virus bulletproof solution. OK, formally speaking, it is not perfect, but you will have a security similar to military or aeronautic systems.

* Security of InmunOS is based on many levels. -1st level: it works on top of a VMware Player (TM) virtual machine. -2nd level: it runs on memory!. -3rd level: it runs powered by Linux. -4th level: it has kernel protection against memory corruption bugs/exploits -PaX-. -5th level: it has a kernel based Role Based Access Control capability (warning: not active yet!)

.:: PENTEST ::. InmunOS (http://www.pentest.es/inmunos.php)

"very beta" stage.

saebrtooth
12.04.10, 04:03
I thought running even a buggy ancient browser on a VM was safe anyway.

transgressive
12.04.10, 12:46
Running a browser or other software that connects to a network in a sandbox/VM is a good idea. What annoys me with this bundle is the lack of proper information on the website. While I'm quite willing to play around with software, I'd prefer having a proper feature/components list.
I also wonder how they handle file downloads/uploads via browser. Shuffling back and forth between VM and normal system is annoying.

anon
12.04.10, 14:48
Yay, a 165MB download, and it requires you to reboot. I can't check this out at school :lol:

Have you tried it? Any comments?

transgressive
12.04.10, 17:56
No game. It doesn't install on a 64bit architecture. I'd call that pretty fail.