PDA

View Full Version : Connecting 2 Computer on Bridged Router

saebrtooth
09.04.10, 04:12
Hi all ;)

I have a hardware problem
Situation
My modem/router is locked to my previous ISP, the factory default has the previous ISP's config. So when using it to access my new ISP I have to use bridged mode on the router to access the new ISP.

I have tried flashing but their arnt any new flash modules and the company is totally shit (Thomson speedtouch). next time Im buying a Billion

On my computer I have to setup a network connection to use the new connection to my new ISP (I ant just plug the network cable in and it will work like normal), the problem is in bridged mode only 1 computer has access to the internet at any 1 time. If both computers try to connect to the router, both computers lose connection, until one computer disconnects from the network.

Any workarounds to get both computers working?

Thanks

Instab
09.04.10, 04:42
well, as long as you assign different ips bridge mode is fine for private use.
but in your case i would definitely recommend to get rid of the router from your old isp.

saebrtooth
09.04.10, 08:56
Throwing away the router for the moment makes my wallet thinner, ah maybe when I find a cheaper one lol ;)

But Billion.com is the best I tell you many firmware updates even for very old discontinued modems, rock solid, tweakable (frequencies) setting etc etc...

But anyway to the problem...

Thanks, how do I go about assigning the IPs?
Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) lan properties?

---------- Post added at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 ----------

Ok I have resolved this issue. I can connect any number of compters with ease now.

Instab
09.04.10, 18:18
Throwing away the router for the moment makes my wallet thinner, ah maybe when I find a cheaper one lol ;)

ebay has some solid ones for $15. don't have to be new

But Billion.com is the best I tell you many firmware updates even for very old discontinüd modems, rock solid, tweakable (freqüncies) setting etc etc...

nice, will have a look

But anyway to the problem...
Ok I have resolved this issü. I can connect any number of compters with ease now.

:top:

anon
09.04.10, 19:59
I can't believe I didn't see this thread in the new posts list until Instab made his post two hours ago. :unsure:

saebrtooth
10.04.10, 03:06
Im sure if u did you would have wowed me with ur knowledge hehe ;)

Thanks all :top:

I shelled out $130 for it when it was new last year. I have really massive buyers regret because I saved like $10-$15 if I bought through the ISP.