PDA

View Full Version : Pup2p: Where can I download it ?

Renk
18.03.10, 17:05
Pup2p is a remaster of the Puppy Linux livecd distro and is aimed at use with the anonymous network I2P. It includes I2P as well as a number of I2P related apps such as: I2pfox, I2Phex, iMule and QT Chat.

But I can't find it on the internet:

* Only MD5 at SourceForge

* In a I2p Forum, someone who seems to be Pup2p's dev wrote:

The domain where pup2p is being hosted (censorshipsucksballs.com) will be going down by the end of January. Get a copy and host it elsewhere if you like it. Nothing I can do as I just don't have the money to renew it.

So basically if you like pup2p and would like to see it continue to be hosted somewhere, get a copy and put it somewhere. Feel free to also update it (shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to remaster it, if I can figure out how to remaster Puppy linux, almost anyone with linux knowledge should be able to remaster pup2p).

I will also be offline for 6-12 months for reasons I'd rather not state currently, but when I get back online I'll update pup2p (or make a new pup2p). Till then don't expect a new release from me.

Yes I know I'm not logged in, deal with it.

forum.i2p ~ View topic - Pup2p 2 - Puppy Linux LiveCD for use with I2P (http://forum.i2p2.de/viewtopic.php?t=3659&sid=2aff35aebc9b8a5b0095bacc921c9d09)

This project sounds interesting, and I'm frustrated no be able to find it:

Well, at this time I do plan to see if I can get tor and tor related apps included, however last time I tried to get tor working with puppy, it never happened due to various issues.

As for freenet, I will have to look into it further.

I also do plan to include truecrypt. I had a successful test of truecrypt on puppy but forgot to package it with pup2p-2

So far, pup2p-3 is planned to have:
* Everything updated
* iMule working
* Tor with privoxy and options to run tor and i2p and have privoxy "sort" the sites loaded in i2pfox to the right network
* Truecrypt added
* Various other changes that will remain a surprise Wink

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=43943

anon
18.03.10, 20:15
I spent some time searching and didn't find anything, other than the old download link which is broken now. It doesn't seem to be on eMule, either.

saebrtooth
19.03.10, 02:40
Vuze support I2P check out the plugin's website for platform support and configuatiion