PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever tried Hackintosh?

Blocker
15.02.10, 15:15
I would like to get feedback about it :smile:

cheatos
15.02.10, 15:18
Yes Me!,
tested those on my laptop:
intel core 2 duo t7700, intel 4965abg wireless,8400GS,sata hd

iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8 Lite Edition -------hard disk not found error
iDeneb v1.4 --------didn't boot

you see i didn't make it to the desktop but you'll run into hardware problems..

Blocker
15.02.10, 15:20
It is buggy or works fine??

cheatos
15.02.10, 15:23
works for some and buggy for some others,
it didn't work with me.
but i suggest you to go:[if you didn't already]

insanelymac.com
and
Main Page - OSx86 (http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page)

and see drivers, compatible hardware...etc

your processor must support SSE2 or SSE3

if you're rich just by a mac[2000$] to try it LOL

:top:

SBfreak
15.02.10, 15:25
I was afraid I'd f*** up my pc.

Vation
15.02.10, 15:38
This place can provide you more info

Hackintosh Instructions, Hackintosh How To Guides @ Hackintosh.com (http://www.hackintosh.com/)

SBfreak
15.02.10, 17:08
Yeah I know the site.Still I don't feel like trying to install hackintosh again now.I'm fine with ubuntu.:tongue:.

Blocker
15.02.10, 17:48
I was afraid I'd f*** up my pc.

Hey Sbfreak ,What did it happen?

anon
15.02.10, 17:49
Vw will have a field day with this thread.

Instab
15.02.10, 21:22
I would like to get feedback about it :smile:

Vw will have a field day with this thread.

hehe, and here i am :biggrin:

hackint0sh works like a charm if you got the right components. you have to know a bit about osx and your hardware (ahci cheatos, remember :tongü: ) but overall it shouldn't be much of a problem.
it's not 100% plug&play but not hard either.

some general rules:
intel, not amd.
nvidia, not ati.
intel chipset, gigabyte or asus board.
cpu must be p4 or higher.

that dös not mean that it won't work with amd parts it's just more difficult and might have some flaws. be sure to check the osx86 hcl first!

SBfreak
15.02.10, 22:22
Hey Sbfreak ,What did it happen?
Read again maybe:redface:

Imacheater
16.02.10, 00:47
I tried but it's too complicated so i quit

saebrtooth
16.02.10, 03:30
Ima PC as Ballmer would say. I have a friend who uses a mac but still calls me to help with fixing it

Instab
16.02.10, 03:40
Ima PC as Ballmer would say. I have a friend who uses a mac but still calls me to help with fixing it

and how is that related to hackint0sh?

saebrtooth
16.02.10, 04:46
isnt he talking about the mac? well if he is then i dont think i did stray 1 bit

Instab
16.02.10, 06:00
isnt he talking about the mac?

no, he asked about hackint0sh

saebrtooth
16.02.10, 06:16
oh sory instab my bad, I thort he was being funny and calling mac by a nic name

in that case i have no experience lol :redface:

Terminator
16.02.10, 15:41
I installed successfully mac osx leopard 10.5.2 on intel desktop board.
but now my nvidia graphic card fucked up, so its not booting with intel integrated graphic chip.

any driver availible for intel graphic chip, gma3100.?

SealLion
16.02.10, 17:18
Now, I'm just wondering that since MAC come in dmg file format for burning that in order to have it work in VirtualBox, would any of you guys know of a decent proggy that'll convert .dmg file format successfully to .iso.
I had a look around and there was one proggy called any2iso, but it doesnt seem to be available anylonger. And even then, I would have no clue on it's success rate for conversion.
Other than that, do any of you know of a program that has proven succes with conversion??

Instab
16.02.10, 17:52
any driver availible for intel graphic chip, gma3100.?

yes, tried google?

Now, I'm just wondering that since MAC come in dmg file format for burning that in order to have it work in VirtualBox, would any of you guys know of a decent proggy that'll convert .dmg file format successfully to .iso.
I had a look around and there was one proggy called any2iso, but it dösnt seem to be available anylonger. And even then, I would have no clü on it's success rate for conversion.
Other than that, do any of you know of a program that has proven succes with conversion??

first of all the hacked osx versions are iso normally.
and i really wouldn't recommend to run it in any kind of emu. osx is currently the 'best' os for x86 except for gaming (if you wanna talk about that create a new thread. don't do it here) so it should be the 'base'.
only if your hardware is supported of course.

ooblar
16.02.10, 19:27
I tried Kalyway on my Thinkpad R61i and worked pretty well. It kept freezing until I installed what I *think* is the Leopard Graphics Update found at Apple - Downloads - Application Updates - Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 (http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/application_updates/leopardgraphicsupdate10.html)

However I gave up on it when I found out that there were no drivers for 3945ABG card.

saebrtooth
17.02.10, 10:38
Now, I'm just wondering that since MAC come in dmg file format for burning ...

try dmg2iso
dmg2iso | Get dmg2iso at SourceForge.net (http://sourceforge.net/projects/dmg2iso)

Instab
17.02.10, 16:41
I tried Kalyway on my Thinkpad R61i and worked pretty well. It kept freezing until I installed what I *think* is the Leopard Graphics Update found at Apple - Downloads - Application Updates - Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 (http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/application_updates/leopardgraphicsupdate10.html)

However I gave up on it when I found out that there were no drivers for 3945ABG card.

lol, you must not install native apple drivers on a hackint0sh :wink:

Jerunk
20.02.10, 03:19
I would definitely install it on my 1000HE Netbook but I can't be assed with the hassle. Some netbooks and laptops work fully out of the box though.

Instab
20.02.10, 03:22
I would definitely install it on my 1000HE Netbook but I can't be assed with the hassle.

you could give it a try. there're many guides like that Netbooks & Small Form Factor Computers | Small Computing How-to: Install OS X on Asus Eee PC 1000HE Netbook (http://smallcomputing.net/2009/02/25/how-to-install-os-x-on-asus-eee-pc-1000he-netbook/)

Jerunk
23.02.10, 04:36
you could give it a try. there're many guides like that Netbooks & Small Form Factor Computers | Small Computing How-to: Install OS X on Asus Eee PC 1000HE Netbook (http://smallcomputing.net/2009/02/25/how-to-install-os-x-on-asus-eee-pc-1000he-netbook/)

Yeah I've read over the guides, but a lot of them say you need to have a native OS X installation to prep your boot cd and other sorts of things, I just don't have the time or energy to do it right now, I threw windows 7 onto the netbook instead for now.

SBfreak
15.03.10, 16:35
So this time I'm serious.I'm definitely going to try mac.
Now just a few things to clear out:

I don't need any kind of driver installation afterwards?? It installs and just works right?Like a linux distribution?
What's the easiest way to do it?I found these two:
iHackintosh Reload! - iDeneb, Hi World! - iHackintosh Reload! (http://ihackintosh.org/ideneb)
Hazard Leopards - Main page (http://www.leohazard.com/)

Also,added my specs.

Instab
15.03.10, 19:02
with amd and via you'll definitely need some special kernel modules (kexts). further you won't be able to run a vanilla kernel hence you have to wait for some time when upgrades are released e.g.
also certain apps won't work with anything but the vanilla kernel. not many tho.

your 9400 should work with almost any injector resp. enabler.

tokiodrift1
15.03.10, 20:59
I'd also checked Hackintosh.
I had problems with iAktos, but iDeneb worked for me (vanilla kernel on laptop).
In the end i managed to get a triple-boot system with winxp/win7/leopard :)

leechmodder
16.03.10, 02:10
i never had any luck with Hackintosh. i have already wasted 10-15 DVDs with different versions at different points of time with 4 different PCs/Laptops. sadly luck doesn't favor me. supposedly, you need a very specific combination of hardware for hackintosh to work.

Instab
16.03.10, 03:48
i never had any luck with Hackintosh. i have already wasted 10-15 DVDs with different versions at different points of time with 4 different PCs/Laptops.

you could have used dvd-rw?

sadly luck dösn't favor me.

well, if you were not successful after that many tries on several different boxen i think it's safe to say you just haven't read much. that dösn't depend on luck.
today there's plenty of information in many forums and blogs including a well maintained hcl with instructions ...

supposedly, you need a very specific combination of hardware for hackintosh to work.

the basic formula is: intel cpu, intel chipset and nvidia.
but not that special either. people are running osx on amd based systems as well it just needs a bit more effort.

leechmodder
16.03.10, 06:30
you could have used dvd-rw?

well, my DVD RW was acting up. so i couldn't burn RWs.

well, if you were not successful after that many tries on several different boxen i think it's safe to say you just haven't read much. that doesn't depend on luck.
today there's plenty of information in many forums and blogs including a well maintained hcl with instructions ...

i did go through a lot of material before and also during my endeavor. but i used to get stuck at some or the other error. the closest i got to installing osX on my PC was when i got to the OSX desktop(but unfortunately, my PC stopped responding).

the basic formula is: intel cpu, intel chipset and nvidia.
but not that special either. people are running osx on amd based systems as well it just needs a bit more effort.
i have tried on both amd and intel systems. :icon_angry[1]:

Instab
16.03.10, 18:15
i have tried on both amd and intel systems. :icon_angry[1]:

okay, then you definitely missed something. but i can't tell since i don't have details :rolleyes: