PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

ares
03.01.10, 04:15
Hi everyone,

I browsed SCC's forums and I really like the avatars people make. There's a thread there called "Request an Avatar (Read First Post!)" in the General Discussions section.

Any idea where I could learn to try and create some avatars like this? :confused:

Thank you!

Instab
03.01.10, 04:30
well there's no rule how to make an avatar. just take whatever gfx app you like and make something nice. you could even draw something by hand and scan it.

i güss most people are using photoshop so that'd be a start ...

ares
03.01.10, 05:58
well there's no rule how to make an avatar. just take whatever gfx app you like and make something nice. you could even draw something by hand and scan it.

i guess most people are using photoshop so that'd be a start ...

Yes, I know that people are using Photoshop. I downloaded one of the PSD files and wow, there's some stuff that I know nothing about so I guess it'll take a while to even start creating avatars. :rolling_eyes:

Instab
03.01.10, 06:00
yes, basically you gotta know 2d gfx for avatars

kelly
03.01.10, 15:01
Yes, I know that people are using Photoshop. I downloaded one of the PSD files and wow, there's some stuff that I know nothing about so I guess it'll take a while to even start creating avatars. :rolling_eyes:

If you are interested having a .gif avatar then checkout EasyGIF (http://www.blumentals.net/egifan/) animator.

jxl
06.02.10, 14:26
you can always user image search on google and find something interesting :)

SBfreak
06.02.10, 15:10
I take all my avatars from google image and deviant art.

jxl
06.02.10, 16:41
oh yeah deviantart must not forget that one :)

anon
06.02.10, 17:05
you can always user image search on google and find something interesting :)

Finally a non-spam post by you :dry:

That and dedicated sites are how I got most of my avatars. The rest were hand-made. Look who's here (http://www.avatarist.com/avatars/Games/Final-Fantasy/Cloud-blue-eyes.html)?

Blocker
06.02.10, 18:39
I recommend PhotoShop or GIMP

and look for tutorials

Instab
07.02.10, 18:01
the key is to know what you wanna do and how. the app is not that important.