PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 or vista..?

colemancol
12.12.09, 12:47
Hi to all
I am planning to buy new laptop.But confused little which system to buy.So please share your experience so i can get some ideas.which one is better..?

SBfreak
12.12.09, 13:22
Windows 7 all the way LOL....it's way more better than vista and uses the same resources.

kazuya
12.12.09, 14:47
windows 7 64 bit :top:

anon
12.12.09, 16:57
I am planning to buy new laptop

Tiny7 Rev01 :top:

kelly
12.12.09, 17:22
You can opt to go for either Vista or Win 7 as suggested by others.Win 7 imo is just an old wine in a new bottle.

Or you can even try Damn Tiny Vista 64 Bit SP1(Gamer's edition) (http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=78U&q=Damn+Tiny+Vista+64&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=)if you would be using it for normal browsing.. ( .NET based applications won't work)

shadowww
12.12.09, 17:28
between windows 7 and vista - I vote for windows 7

Snitlev
12.12.09, 21:08
I my opinion ist Win7 the best Os from M$, and I think that's the best Os at moment...

best regards

Rasec
13.12.09, 00:18
How about buy one with vista and then install windows xp?

Havent tried w7 yet but vista sucked reeeeeeeally bad and i dont believe 7 is any better than xp, just more neons and bright lights to clog CPU.

Nobody
13.12.09, 05:05
Havent tried w7 yet but vista sucked reeeeeeeally bad and i dont believe 7 is any better than xp, just more neons and bright lights to clog CPU.

Give it a try first. I was surprised.

Instab
13.12.09, 06:09
I think that's the best Os at moment...

which other operationg systems did you try lately?

FreeFiles
13.12.09, 08:26
I vote Windows 7, i went from XP to Vista and went right back to XP. I am now using 7 Ultimate and i have to say that i am very pleased with it. Microsoft finally got it right with Windows 7 IMO. :)

Blocker
13.12.09, 16:48
Windows 7 is windows vista improved, :top:

That's why you should choose 7.

CS Curse
13.12.09, 21:46
Go for windows 7! I have had A LOT of problems with vista in the mere 3 months I was using it.

hbk
14.12.09, 04:54
vista is even worse than xp

Patrik
15.12.09, 08:05
If you have the choice between 7 and Vista, obviously take 7. Overall it has less problems than Vista, better choice by far.

Skipinder
16.12.09, 06:01
How about buy one with vista and then install windows xp?

You have to give it a try. It works really well. I installed Win 7 on a P4 laptop and it runs faster and better than WinXP ever did. It also has a much faster startup.

Personally I had nothing against Vista, I actually kind of liked it, but all my family's computers are running win7 now (or linux or FreeBSD).

Instab
16.12.09, 06:09
You have to give it a try. It works really well. I installed Win 7 on a P4 laptop and it runs faster and better than WinXP ever did. It also has a much faster startup.

except it takes 3 times the ram and 3 times the disk space :tongü:

saebrtooth
16.12.09, 08:39
I went from XP to Vista. Ran Vista for a few months on desktop kept on crashing every single day. I crashed if I had too many windows open or crash cause I was doing i/o intensive stuff. Turned off UAC cause it was just sh!t.

I was gona consider installing Windows XP x64 but then I decided t wait for the retail version of Windows 7. Luckly I had the sense to upgrade quickly to Windows 7.

Running for a few weeks now and loved it as I once did when XP came out. Im just wipeing my memory of the Vista experience - too many troubles. I really dont know how MS could have botched such a major upgrade and then a while later comes a very stable and fast newer OS LOL. Maybe it was the pressure just to get "something" out in the market to keep their shareholders happy.

Anyway I heartily recommend Windows 7 :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:39 ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 ----------

except it takes 3 times the ram and 3 times the disk space :tongue:

I have a friend running Windows 7 x86 on a 3yr old laptop. 120GB hd, 3gb ram. Run WOW and command and conquer on full settings fine.

I have a laptop running xp x6 and a desktop running windows 7 x64. And making a arbituary comparison the Desktop Windows 7 installation uses 1.5x more space and memory wise uses maybe a 200mg ram more.

Considering how much easier it is to get greater capacities of ram and hard disk now, even if it did use up 3x more ram and disk space its really nothing for an upgrade in security and speed. Even my friends 3yr old laptop is faster and better than before he says.

Instab
16.12.09, 13:28
I have a laptop running xp x6 and a desktop running windows 7 x64. And making a arbituary comparison the Desktop Windows 7 installation uses 1.5x more space and memory wise uses maybe a 200mg ram more.

a clean xp takes about 170mb ram and 2.x gb hdd.
a clean win7 takes almost 500mb ram and 6.x gb hdd. (the x64 version on a laptop e.g. even more ram)

Considering how much easier it is to get greater capacities of ram and hard disk now, even if it did use up 3x more ram and disk space its really nothing for an upgrade in security

more data to compute => takes longer, more possible errors, higher fragmentation etc.
and who said win7 is more secure?

and speed. Even my friends 3yr old laptop is faster and better than before he says.

a fresh installation is always running much better than some 2 year old system e.g. for many reasons.
you'd have to do a fresh install of both on the same box and run some tests to get any serious results.

rudam.meredez
16.12.09, 15:37
Granted, Win7 for the win. :) Check out this post:

https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=16345&page=5#post149436

Skipinder
17.12.09, 02:16
except it takes 3 times the ram and 3 times the disk space :tongue:

Well you're right about the increased disk space. But it still runs better than XP did with only 512mb of RAM in both cases. Though Win 7 isn't running aero or anything crazy.

alpacino
17.12.09, 07:18
Windows 7 all the way, like everyone is suggesting. :tongue:

ciccio
17.12.09, 23:55
7 or Vista? Vista is a s***, 7 is very good SO, finally Microsoft have done something good.