PDA

View Full Version : Install Raid Driver without floppy drive ??

DriftKing
11.12.09, 18:29
My friend has old pc. He told me to format that pc. when I trying to formating it, it show me no hard drive install on the pc ! someone told me it needed raid driver for it. and for raid driver Floppy drive and folppy disk needed, which not available in my city. so it is possilbe to install raid driver without floppy drive or with usb ??there is no other option available when I press f6 button during windows xp installation. its show me please insert floppy disk in your floppy drive.....which is impossible for me.:frown:

I tried my best but nothing, I make a custom disk with nlite but it not success too. so please any help, guideline will be appriciate. wait for any reply.

cheatos
11.12.09, 18:42
I tried my best but nothing, I make a custom disk with nlite but it not success too. so please any help, guideline will be appriciate. wait for any reply.

so you've slipstreamed the --Right-- Raid drivers for your friend's motherboard?

maybe this can help you:
PCstats Guides PCSTATS Review - Step 4: Adding RAID/SATA text-mode drivers (http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1703&page=5)

alpacino
11.12.09, 19:10
Once I was on a very similar situation as yours, where the windows xp installation detected no hard disks, because they were sata, and the motherboard didn't have legacy support or something. Well, I did broke my head looking for a method to insert the sata drivers from that motherboard, on a temporary windows xp installation, but it took me a long long time and several hours of deception.

What I would recommend you to do now is: get the hard disk from your friend and install it in your pc or other, then install a fresh windows xp on it. Just install the system, don't install your components drivers, like your soundcard's or video card's, etc. So after the first fresh boot, put that hard disk back on your friend's pc and it should boot ok, asking for its drivers. Now continue from there. Should work 100%.

DriftKing
11.12.09, 19:32
@cheatos and alpacino........thanks for the help. will try with your suggestion and will reply back which method works for me :smile: