PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial]Ghost-seeding!

mangathala2002
05.10.09, 19:15
This tutorial is for those people who don't want to keep their computers running, but still want to increase their seed time,get seed bonuses and avoid H'nR's.

Here are the steps:

1-> Open RM (i used RM but i think it should work with other tools/mods/clients) and load the torrent. These are the settings i used, up:0 dl:0 torrent 100% completed. so it will show you as a seeder! Now click START.

2-> Check your tracker profile and make sure you appear as a seeder for that torrent. Then disconnect your net connection by either switching off your modem or using your firewall to block the connection.

3-> Now click STOP and you can close RM.

4-> That's it! :smile: Now you can switch off your computer! And you will still appear as a seeder!

Why is a torrent I'm leeching/seeding listed several times in my profile?

If for some reason (e.g. pc crash, or frozen client) your client exits improperly and you restart it, it will have a new peer_id, so it will show as a new torrent. The old one will never receive a "event=completed" or "event=stopped" and will be listed until some tracker timeout. Just ignore it, it will eventually go away.

I've finished or cancelled a torrent. Why is it still listed in my profile?

Some clients, notably TorrentStorm and Nova Torrent, do not report properly to the tracker when canceling or finishing a torrent. In that case the tracker will keep waiting for some message - and thus listing the torrent as seeding or leeching - until some timeout occurs. Just ignore it, it will eventually go away.

I'm guessing every tracker will at a specific time in a day do a clean-up of the seeders/leechers list! when this happens you will have to again go through all the steps (starting from 1 again)

I've tested this on 2 trackers and it works!:smile:

shoulder
05.10.09, 19:25
This is basically a controlled crash of your client.
Well, most tracker flush your torrents after the next update interval if you don't update, but for the ones which don't this can be useful.

anon
05.10.09, 19:37
2-> Check your tracker profile and make sure you appear as a seeder for that torrent. Then disconnect your net connection by either switching off your modem or using your firewall to block the connection

Or you can also terminate the RM's process via the Task Manager.

This is a nice trick, but some/most trackers will remove you from the seeding list after a bit more than an hour, depending on the interval - so the bigger the latter is, the more effective this will be. However, if you combine this with a NoReport-Seeder mod at STB, you can gain lots of bonus points while you sleep. And on PackMe.In, you'll show up as leeching/seeding for days. :biggrin:

Oh, and careful with trackers that can detect ghostleeching.

Instab
06.10.09, 03:10

how can i tell?

anon
06.10.09, 03:11
They're high-ranked in the Ranklist (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f47/die-rangliste-der-cheatsichersten-tracker-294/) :biggrin:

ScT and TopHos are two ones that can detect it. However, there's a ghostleeching method consisting on stopping the torrent before removing the tracker URL that's much harder to discover. But that's outside of the scope of this thread, apart of useless for "ghostseeding".

SBcheater
06.10.09, 09:37
ghostleeching method consistingopping the torrent before removing the tracker URL that's much harder to discover

you mean to say announce URL ? or the passkey ?, I have seen live case of getting caught of involved in ghostleeching by means of removing passkeys from torrents on TL, TTi and IPT,

anon
06.10.09, 11:22
you mean to say announce URL ?

Yes, that's right - the full URL. Removing the passkey isn't enough since you'll keep on contacting the tracker, and they can just check their logs and spot you. This method works at TL for sure - no idea about the other trackers, though.

SBcheater
06.10.09, 15:05
This method works at TL for sure - no idea about the other trackers, though.

Yes I can confirm it on TL , I was once idling in their support channel and found a banned person guilty of removing announce urls from his torrents, ghostleeching is not a good idea specifically on newer torrents , I tried the same on IPT and TTi but was luckily successful because i have chosen less famous (uncrowded)/old torrents.

anon
06.10.09, 15:41
Popular torrents are the best for ghostleeching. The bigger the swarm, the harder it is to catch you.

coolio256
06.10.09, 21:31
Or you can also terminate the RM's process via the Task Manager.

No fear, it works totally on tl, revTT, german trackers etc.

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

Popular torrents are the best for ghostleeching. The bigger the swarm, the harder it is to catch you.

Ive ghostleeched on torrents with 1 seeder & 0 leecher & it works...thats my experience

anon
07.10.09, 02:01
Just seen your new post.

Ive ghostleeched on torrents with 1 seeder & 0 leecher & it works...thats my experience

A smaller or tiny swarm doesn't mean you WILL get banned if you ghostleech, but it's a lot better if you pick crowded torrents. Otherwise, it's easy for the staff to know who to look for.

coolio256
07.10.09, 17:15
Just seen your new post.

A smaller or tiny swarm doesn't mean you WILL get banned if you ghostleech, but it's a lot better if you pick crowded torrents. Otherwise, it's easy for the staff to know who to look for.

Yes, thats right, so you have to say it:biggrin:

Aurion
09.10.09, 22:07
Very cute trick to avoid HnRs specially in trackers with hard requirements.
I wonder if this works in Shu hack or mRatio

anon
09.10.09, 22:07
It should. Just kill the procces, although in mRatio you'll lose all changes made to the torrent list since you started it (blocking the tracker's IP via hosts file or firewall would be an interpunct), and in Azureus simply removing the tracker URL is a lot better.

thecoolest
10.10.09, 08:20
kinda gud to know..but mostly site removes ur account..when u close rm or utorrent/vuze 4m downloading torrent..or like it to keep site running for along time..as anon said too

they remove u..they know that u have data..u can seed it anytime..random time..when u want..so it doesnt get problem for them to show u as a seeder when u were working..when u keep pc or net off they will remove u from that list..simple :D

still nice trick

anon
10.10.09, 12:31
when u keep pc or net off they will remove u from that list..simple :D

Not all of them do, and that's the basis of this trick. When I ghostleeched a torrent at PiN it showed up as leeching in my profile for almost a week.

MelvinMeow
10.11.09, 17:05
It all depends on the sites cleanup times.
You would be better off using this on a site that DOESN'T run their cleanup scripts that often.
(Not promoting the tool just providing insight.)
Alot of sites run their cleanups often though... most being every 15 - 30 minutes.

Not alot of sites tell you the announce intervals though but a good way to tell would be if you check their forum post counts ;) (Just to give you a hint.) There are lots of other ways I can tell but I know what to look for as far as the cleanups go.
We do ours every 15 minutes on some cleanup functions and we have some other ones run like 3 times a day or once a day and even 1 once a month. (Not alot of sites do seperate ones though.)

BTW we catch alot more people ghostleeching than we shitlist.
If you get banned for ghostleeching you have been flagged at least 5 - 10 times in the past for doing it.

anon
10.11.09, 18:53
BTW we catch alot more people ghostleeching than we shitlist.
If you get banned for ghostleeching you have been flagged at least 5 - 10 times in the past for doing it.

I guess this is to make sure the user is cheating and avoid false positives.

MelvinMeow
10.11.09, 19:22
Exactly ^^^ I would rather be right about it without a doubt than just ban someone wrongly.
The art of just banning all people flagged would just ban so many people without having valid proof they are really cheating.

Instab
08.12.09, 00:11
Exactly ^^^ I would rather be right about it without a doubt than just ban someone wrongly.
The art of just banning all people flagged would just ban so many people without having valid proof they are really cheating.

that's a good attitude. i wish all sites would have that :top:

Imacheater
01.01.10, 23:32
Does it work for PTM and GFT ?

anon
01.01.10, 23:33
Well, Melvin is/was staff at GFT, so I suppose they've already patched this. No idea about PTM.

Instab
01.01.10, 23:40
melvin is also staff at gft :eek3:

shoulder
01.01.10, 23:51
Yes, he is. :wink2:

cheatos
01.01.10, 23:53
Yes, he was.

let me fix that for you shoulder :biggrin:

alpacino
02.01.10, 04:17
Does it work for PTM and GFT ?

PTM it should work, as I think they only have script for detecting high speeds and flashing. On GFT it won't work. Either way, both are ratio-free, so why the hassle?

anon
03.01.10, 00:27
PTM it should work, as I think they only have script for detecting high speeds and flashing.

I'm sure it works, yes. But for how long you're shown as "seeding" would depend on how often cleanups are run like Melvin said... someone should try it :tongue:

Either way

That's my phrase. :frown:

alpacino
03.01.10, 00:38
That's my phrase. :frown:
Sorry :redface: I felt compelled to use it. :biggrin:

ParamouR
11.12.10, 03:44
Doesn't work on IPT and BTW. I wish it did :frown:

---------- Post added at 08:14 ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 ----------

PS: Similar trackers to BWT? Is BTW and Ct the same?

I'd suggest checking the last posts on the "tracker levels" thread.

12.12.10, 09:59
does it work on BCG?
i hate their 0.8 ratio policy

ParamouR
12.12.10, 10:13
does it work on BCG?

No it doesn't work :frown:

anon
12.12.10, 17:49

I know this may not be well-received, considering that this a cheater forum and all, but what does BCG ask for? Just that you seed... it's kind of indecent to try to fake even that.

The Shutter
27.03.11, 20:41
this doesn't work on bit-hdtv anymore , any updates? :rolleyes:

lolz
28.03.11, 13:46
You can use uSerenity for ghostseeding.

The Shutter
28.03.11, 17:24
You can use uSerenity for ghostseeding.

can you explain more or add tutorial link?

anon
28.03.11, 17:54
can you explain more or add tutorial link?

Be seeder + connect to tracker just once.

The Shutter
28.03.11, 18:05

when i download the torrent & become a seeder , i can close the torrent but i will be always seeding , is that what you mean?

anon
28.03.11, 18:07
I'm just saying which settings you must use in Serenity to accomplish the effect described in the first post.

The Shutter
28.03.11, 18:22
I'm just saying which settings you must use in Serenity to accomplish the effect described in the first post.

ok will try it , but will this get me banned in bit-hdtv or ptp & how does it work?

anon
28.03.11, 18:24
ok will try it , but will this get me banned in bit-hdtv or ptp

No, but it won't work on the latter.

how does it work?

First page much?

The Shutter
28.03.11, 18:25
No, but it won't work on the latter.

First page much?

first page is on rm , but i'm talking about how does it work on Serenity

anon
28.03.11, 18:27
The concept is the same. You can dig a hole in the ground using your hands or a shovel. It'll still be a hole.

The Shutter
28.03.11, 18:37
The concept is the same. You can dig a hole in the ground using your hands or a shovel. It'll still be a hole.

any other way since i don't want to download hd movies just to get seed bonus

anon
28.03.11, 18:38
No one said you had to download the files for it to work. I'd suggest the search engine.

The Shutter
28.03.11, 18:42
No one said you had to download the files for it to work. I'd suggest the search engine.

Excuse my dumbness today , i'm just tired :eek13:

Resurrection
29.03.11, 04:49
You need to create a separate profile that has the following options ticked

You can also tick the "no report download", "no report corrupt" and "don't announce completed event" when you create a profile...

See I ghostseed all the time.

Download a torrent from tracker
Untick all files.
Label it properly
??????
Profit!!!!

Please note that all this will show the tracker is that you have 100% of the torrent.You won't actually upload anything.It'll just show you as a seeder of that torrent.

The Shutter
29.03.11, 13:38
You need to create a separate profile that has the following options ticked

You can also tick the "no report download", "no report corrupt" and "don't announce completed event" when you create a profile...

See I ghostseed all the time.

Download a torrent from tracker
Untick all files.
Label it properly
??????
Profit!!!!

Please note that all this will show the tracker is that you have 100% of the torrent.You won't actually upload anything.It'll just show you as a seeder of that torrent.

but i'll have to leave serenity working... right? & i need to use utorrent without faking on other trackers

seldom
29.03.11, 14:55
but i'll have to leave serenity working... right? & i need to use utorrent without faking on other trackers

It will do the faking only on torrents that have a label to do that (ghostleeching in our case). You can create several labels in userenity for different profiles with different tasks, including 'NoCheating' task/label.

The Shutter
29.03.11, 15:05
It will do the faking only on torrents that have a label to do that (ghostleeching in our case). You can create several labels in userenity for different profiles with different tasks, including 'NoCheating' task/label.

but is this method detectable on other trackers ?

anon
29.03.11, 15:29

I was going to say that too, but since you only contact the tracker once (when starting) and traffic at that point is always zero in both directions, I thought there was no use for those.

lolz
29.03.11, 16:03
but is this method detectable on other trackers ?

No, I'm ghostseeding with many trackers atm, all is fine.

anon
29.03.11, 19:25
Detectable, probably not. Now, working... most sites I belong to run the cleanup routine regularly, so this won't do much for you. It's all about trying.

The Shutter
29.03.11, 19:37
Detectable, probably not. Now, working... most sites I belong to run the cleanup routine regularly, so this won't do much for you. It's all about trying.

well the problem is that i hate using edited versions of utorrent so i was looking for other way to do so

anon
29.03.11, 19:39
You can also do it with RM and also mR if it allows you to remove a torrent without sending the stopped announce. If not, just load the the torrent as 100% done, then kill the tool's process (in RM you can just "close").

The Shutter
29.03.11, 19:46
just load the the torrent as 100% done, then kill the tool's process (in RM you can just "close").

did so but they flushed the torrents even update

lolz
29.03.11, 20:56
well the problem is that i hate using edited versions of utorrent so i was looking for other way to do so

Maybe it's a personal stuff. If you dont like an icon of userenity, you can change it. If you dont want to cheat, use "normal" label. BeSeeder is the most efficient way to cheat for bonus point :D

linuxero
03.03.12, 10:27
Hello
Does anyone has tried ghostseeding with xbtit tracker and can confirm that works?
Thanks