PDA

View Full Version : The Descent: Part 2

yoco
29.08.09, 10:59
Release Date: TBA
Studio: Celador Films
Director: Jon Harris
Screenwriter: James Watkins
Starring: Shauna Macdonald, Natalie Mendoza, Gavan O'Herlihy, Joshua Dallas, Anna Skellern, Douglas Hodge, Krysten Cummings
Genre: Horror, Suspense Thriller

Sarah (Macdonald) emerges alone from a cave system following an expedition with her five friends in the Appalachian mountains. Distraught, injured and covered in the blood of her missing companions, Sarah is incoherent and half-wild with fear. Skeptical about her account of events and convinced Sarah's psychosis hides far darker secrets, Sheriff Vaines forces her back into the caves to help locate the rest of the group. Trapped by falling rocks, the rescue party are driven deep into the caverns, and as one by one the fate of the missing girls is revealed, Sarah is forced to confront her deepest fears.
YouTube - The Descent 2 Trailer

alpacino
29.08.09, 21:12
Thanks, that reminds me I still need to watch the 1st one. :wink:

yoco
29.08.09, 21:31
lol, you haven't watched the firs part yet?

alpacino
29.08.09, 23:16
lol, you haven't watched the firs part yet?

No, still haven't. :confused: Would you recommend it? From 0 to 10 which rate would you give?

shoulder
30.08.09, 00:31
I'd give it a 6/10, it's a bit boring in my opinion and not as scary as it's said to be in my opinion. :tongue:

Snitlev
30.08.09, 00:50
I'm very amused about the new part, I love part one ;-)

and it's was an cheapy Produktion but this Produktion was very perfect to actress and technic.

I'm a decent fan about part one and I hope part two it's the same...

best regards

yoco
30.08.09, 11:26
No, still haven't. :confused: Would you recommend it? From 0 to 10 which rate would you give?
I love the first one! I give 8,5/10 :top:

Snitlev
30.08.09, 18:24
10 / 10 in my opinion

it's a great movie

best regards

slikrapid
30.08.09, 23:54
thx yoco for reminding me about this one :top:

@ alpacino

if you like horrors combined with adventure the first Descent can be recommended, i would give it a 9/10 for the first part and a 6-7 for the rest of the movie - if you're not too critical its very enjoyable

as for the production it was not cheap, maybe a bit too dark, but its a matter of location, khm the caves interior tend to be dark :wink:

SealLion
31.08.09, 01:52

Hope you get a chance to see it sometime. It is actually not too bad, IMHO. There are a couple of scenes that just didn't make sense like the last part where one of the girls, who supposedly died in the cave, shows up in the SUV that the last survivor is driving away from the cave....kind of confusing, I thought.

thx yoco for reminding me about this one :top:

@ alpacino

if you like horrors combined with adventure the first Descent can be recommended, i would give it a 9/10 for the first part and a 6-7 for the rest of the movie - if you're not too critical its very enjoyable

as for the production it was not cheap, maybe a bit too dark, but its a matter of location, khm the caves interior tend to be dark :wink:

I can imagine that it wasn't cheap with everything having to be brought down into the cave. Yes. YOu'd be right about that for sure.

slikrapid
31.08.09, 02:47
the last part where one of the girls, who supposedly died in the cave, shows up in the SUV that the last survivor is driving away from the cave....kind of confusing, I thought.

yeah, i didn't like that ending even though some explanations are possible, like:

she got a mental breakdown and in a split second dreamed about getting away or vice versa <-- :biggrin:

hitman
31.08.09, 02:57
there are 2 endings as far as i know, the us version is with the girl drinving away. the second europe ending is the ending that they used for the part 2.

SealLion
31.08.09, 06:14
there are 2 endings as far as i know, the us version is with the girl drinving away. the second europe ending is the ending that they used for the part 2.

And what was the ending that they used in part 2 ??

You know, that is one of the ideas that I thought that she may have had...that she had a mental breakdown.

the other idea that I had is that she was seeing the other woman's ghost in her SUV come back......who knows??

alpacino
31.08.09, 08:30
Thanks for all your opinions, so I'm definitely giving this one a try. And by the way, thanks for all the spoilers. :eek:
Just kidding :tongue:

hawkmoon
31.08.09, 11:41
the first one was really great ,whith a good suspense ...
so i hope the second will be in the same way

yoco
31.08.09, 12:55
Hope you get a chance to see it sometime. It is actually not too bad, IMHO. There are a couple of scenes that just didn't make sense like the last part where one of the girls, who supposedly died in the cave, shows up in the SUV that the last survivor is driving away from the cave....kind of confusing, I thought.
Wasn't the end like this, the last remaining women was driving away from cave when one of those creatures appears and attacks her, then she wakes up still in the cave? :confused:

hitman
31.08.09, 14:05
from wiki the second ending

Alternate North American ending

The ending of the film was re-cut with an alternate ending for North American audiences. The NA version ends with Sarah in the car startled by Juno sitting beside her, but she does not scream and awaken back in the caverns.

SealLion
01.09.09, 01:06
I'm confused. Sarah, the last remaining woman escapes from the cave and drives away and is surprised by one of the other women (Juno ) all of a sudden sitting beside her.

That part I saw, but not some part where she (who is she that your talking about, Juno or Sarah??) wakes up in in the cave still.

That part wasn't on. The show ended right there where Juno sits beside Sarah.
That was it.
No more.
End of the movie.
After that, it just gave the movie's credits.

All they showed was Juno. No creature. I must have seen an even more alternative ending then.

What are you saying, that she or some creature sits besider her in the car; she possibly faints, the creature brings her back to the cave, and she supposedly wakes up there??

yoco
01.09.09, 09:03
Actually I think she was just dreaming that she escape, then she wakes up. That's how I remember the movie!

slikrapid
01.09.09, 21:04
Actually I think she was just dreaming that she escape, then she wakes up. That's how I remember the movie!

thats what you might think if taken literally, but i'm more inclined to think that she actually escaped and the last scene (being trapped in the cave) is a result of a dream (after the escape) - its hard to believe that she would start dreaming inside the cave while danger lurks around - its more logical that at that moment she would either be highly alert/scared (no time to dream) or went crazy (when such clear dreams are not likely to happen)

kelly
10.09.09, 18:33

In case you haven't watched it yet, then do watch it. One small request from my side.. while watching ,make sure that you are alone in the room + watch it in the night with all lights turned off :smile:

Snitlev
08.03.10, 18:03
YouTube- The Descent: Part 2 (2009) trailer

YouTube- The Descent: Part 2 (2009) second trailer

I'm waiting so long for this part, the first was in my opinion one of the best Horror-Schocker for low budget...

best regards

yoco
08.03.10, 18:59
Have to download DVDrip and watch this movie! First one was awsome!

And I allready made a thread
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=15220

:biggrin:

kelly
17.03.10, 17:23
It's out, just in case you didn't know of it. The Descent Part 2 2009 BRRip XviD AC3-SANTi

slikrapid
17.03.10, 22:15
It's out, just in case you didn't know of it. The Descent Part 2 2009 BRRip XviD AC3-SANTi

it was released as dvdrip 05.03: The.Descent.Part.2.DVDRip.XviD-UNSKiLLED

enjoyable sequel, more gory i would say, but also worse considering the acting, unbelievable script & a lousy choice of end casualties

yoco
18.03.10, 10:59
So I hear great stuff about this movie! Can't wait to watch it, waiting for retail subtitles :tongue:

mike_P
14.02.11, 13:36
A good follow-up to the first one but it kind of ruined the original's ending....which if you come to think about it was like 60% of what made it special. But as a stand alone movie, it' a very good one....Marshall really knows how to shoot tension, drama and action (his latest Centurion proves it even better) and the story that unfolds here is pretty good. The ending feels a bit tackled but it's original enough not to warrant a third one.

yoco
14.02.11, 13:51
Thnx for reminding me, I still didn't watch this movie :o