PDA

View Full Version : Inception

yoco
25.08.09, 20:42
Release Date: July 16, 2010
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Christopher Nolan
Screenwriter: Christopher Nolan
Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Marion Cotillard, Cillian Murphy, Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ken Watanabe, Tom Hardy, Michael Caine
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi

Described as a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind from "Dark Knight" director Christopher Nolan. Nolan wrote the original screenplay and hopes to shoot the sci-fi action film in the summer for a release during summer 2010.
YouTube - INCEPTION TRAILER 2010 ,HD

SBfreak
25.08.09, 21:22
A Sci-Fi movie with DiCaprio the guy from Titanic.This will be interesting.

alpacino
26.08.09, 07:32
Nice teaser, I liked the music too. Let's wait for more content about this film, I'm still waiting for that other new movie of DiCaprio with Martin Scorcese. :top:

SealLion
27.08.09, 06:12
DiCaprio.....you know it'll be good.

I am also quite curious to know what the plot will be.
It looks like some kind of movie that has to do with a person's mind....maybe something akin to manipulating people and things with one's mind....IDK....just taking stabs at it.

Maybe I'm wrong but check it out here re: the content of film and what I"ve just mentioned re: mind

.....It has acrobatic fight sequences, darkly urban landscapes and a tagline that suggests the movie will take place as much within the human mind as it will in the real world.

Christopher Nolan's 'Inception' Still A Mystery After Teaser Trailer - Movie News Story | MTV Movie News (http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1619465/story.jhtml)

Ooops. Sorry, I think I may have spoiled the suspense. But I was curious to know and just wanted to share my thoughts and Google search. :)

yoco
29.12.09, 10:29
YouTube- Inception Trailer 2 (HD)

shawshankraj
08.05.10, 05:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG9WVFuKv1Y

dreamer
08.05.10, 07:29
from what I've heard this is gonna be one complicated movie.
Christopher Nolan is directing this (The Dark Knight rings a bell?), and an interview with the cast on scene revealed they don't really understand what's going on...

yoco
08.05.10, 09:40
Same here, I still don't get this movie! :confused2:

shawshankraj
08.05.10, 09:51
It's going to be another mindfuck movie like Fight club and memento

yoco
08.05.10, 09:55
Those movies are simply awsome!

SBfreak
08.05.10, 11:27
From the trailer I think that DiCaprio is going to be imprisoned in his own mind or something while recreating a crime.

shawshankraj
10.05.10, 07:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAx7NDOrhvc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAx7NDOrhvc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB8fCm1dTOs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB8fCm1dTOs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xa3db3LzUg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xa3db3LzUg

shawshankraj
12.05.10, 07:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sd0ff1sbJU

yoco
12.05.10, 09:30
I have to admit, I wasn't so excited about this movie at first, but when I saw the latest trailer I might go see it :biggrin:

SBfreak
12.05.10, 13:42
Me too.The third one certainly explains more than the other 2.

C3PO
12.05.10, 13:54
At the beginning I didn't understand the plot either but after the 3rd trailer...wow

shawshankraj
08.06.10, 04:32
YouTube - Inception - Behind the Scenes [HD]

YouTube - Inception (IMAX Trailer)

shawshankraj
25.06.10, 21:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIYneHgZKiE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KmvpCJDp9A

SBfreak
25.06.10, 22:01
The background music is really freaky.
I've had nightmares like any other person and when I hear that sound it makes me rethink of what my mind is capable of.

shawshankraj
10.07.10, 15:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eAuBSTinYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYsHMBvgcvM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S1OGMD9HNQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uCjnRrSlU0

SBfreak
10.07.10, 16:30
Ok.I'm not going to watch anymore of these.They'll ruin the pleasure of seeing the movie for the first time.:lol:

yoco
11.07.10, 00:18
That's why you should only watch first two trailers :biggrin:

slikrapid
11.07.10, 00:47
haven't seen any trailer so far, won't even bother

nolan should be reason enough to at least check it out ;)

yoco
11.07.10, 11:41
I don't agree with you on that one. You have to at least see the trailer. just look at that director for The Last Airbender. He made great movies in the past, but not it's like he lost the touch, he's movies are really bad.

Sazzy
11.07.10, 12:02
I don't agree with you on that one. You have to at least see the trailer. just look at that director for The Last Airbender. He made great movies in the past, but not it's like he lost the touch, he's movies are really bad.

Movies are often better to watch if you see that EVERYONE is excited about them, you don't watch any trailer, don't read anything about it and generally go see it without even knowing what to expect or what it is about.

Most of the time, you'll come out of the theatre completely pleased with the movie you just saw :lol:

yoco
11.07.10, 22:52
I speak for myself. I have to watch at least one trailer to see if I'm liking this movie or not.

shawshankraj
19.07.10, 18:22
Just watch this movie in theater..Awesome movie..Best movie this year so far...What a concept..
"What's if a difference between a reality and a dream is just a roll of a dice.. ?"

yoco
19.07.10, 18:24
Thnx for saying that! I'll wait for movie to come in HD! And I knew this movie will be good, it's just that I saw one review that gave 5/10!!!

shawshankraj
19.07.10, 18:37
maybe it's a hard for him to understand the concept of movie and how level works in movie..You have to pay so much attention to movie to stay with flow of movie..

To yoco..So far all review average is 9.3 in IMDB..

yoco
19.07.10, 18:42
Yea I know. And the same guy gave new Twilight movie 7/10, so go figure :D

Blocker
19.07.10, 18:45
To yoco..So far all review average is 9.3 in IMDB..

Then it would be the top ranked on IMDB :eek:

shawshankraj
19.07.10, 18:48
yes..currently it is 3rd highest rated movie on IMDB..But i think it will settle in 10-20 after month..

SBfreak
19.07.10, 18:51
Wtf pew pew 9.4 on imdb.
This is the next movie I'll watch in cinema.

Blocker
19.07.10, 18:55
Wtf pew pew 9.4 on imdb.
This is the next movie I'll watch in cinema.

Me too;

Not taking in to consideration the IMBD rank,the trailer looks really interesting

crystal
19.07.10, 22:37
it is an amazing movie , just seen it now in a theatre . definitely a must watch !

hearthrob
20.07.10, 10:06
it is an amazing movie , just seen it now in a theatre . definitely a must watch !

Wonder when will the BD be out.

yoco
20.07.10, 12:44
Probably in 5-6 months! Maybe even sooner!

Blocker
21.07.10, 17:40

Yeah, I think this movie deserves to be watched in the cinema :top:

Looking forward to watch it

austin316
23.07.10, 01:50
See trailers of this movie has really made me excited about it, it seems that it could be the movie of the year, and ratings actually provide that evidence.

hearthrob
23.07.10, 05:14
Probably in 5-6 months! Maybe even sooner!

5-6 months is surely a long time to wait. Heading out to the theatre this weekend. :biggrin:

aaa7789
23.07.10, 05:17
I really really like christoper nolan's movies
and i predict
inception is very amazing movie

yoco
23.07.10, 15:28
If we're lucky maybe we'll get it sooner :D

dreamer
04.09.10, 23:06
went in with big expectations.. after 50 minutes couldn't wait for it to end..
building such a sophisticated movie that you almost don't understand just to drive you to the simplest ending

yoco
05.09.10, 11:10
lol, that's my worst fear as well, but in the end I didn't go watch it. Gonna wait for good HD release :D

longhairodddude
08.09.10, 08:25
It was an good movie. the ending left me a bit irritated though because it left one last question unanswered.

ironace
18.09.10, 23:47
It is a good movie to watch but you have to pay attention to everything that is going on and it makes you think about reality and all that. A lot like those infamous movies that mess with your mind.

Neutronium
19.09.10, 00:13
Eh, it was a good movie, but I kinda felt like it could have been something more. I went into it with no prior knowledge besides it having to do with controlling dreams or something. I was expecting a little more, given the possibilities with the idea of controlling/entering dreams. Possibly something closer to the ideas used in Paprika, or even some form of superpowers or something given that they were inside dreams. I get that the whole point of the movie was that they had to trick the dreamer into believing everything was real, but it was disappointing that they didn't do anything beyond the beginning sequence where all the stuff on the street explodes and when the girl bends the ground.

nextor
28.09.10, 20:48
More, I think that the general crowd US wouldn't have understood anything of the movie of there was even more content. I mean, you would have to you your brain if that was the case!
But ye, I would love something "more". Complications in the plot just makes the movie worth seening again.

anon
29.09.10, 01:19
Watched it last Saturday, Prism v3 release in case anyone cares. It was quite entertaining but nothing out of the ordinary.

There are obvious similarities to The Matrix, of course.

It isn't clear whether the top Di Caprio carries to tell reality and dreams apart stops spinning or not, that leaves the door open for a sequel.

yoco
29.09.10, 15:20
That's what I'm so afraid. This movie is so hyped that when I watch it I'm gonna be disappointed!

Clair
21.10.10, 03:00
I wonder when this will be leaked a few cams and stuff going around but I don't watch them
waiting for a nice bluray ;) anyone know?

yoco
21.10.10, 10:09
It definitly won't come soon enough!

macuarro
24.10.10, 03:19
heard only good things about that movie and i can't stop listening to the soundtrack... Hans Zimmer's the best!
i'll wait for a bluray, too ;)

C3PO
24.10.10, 12:04
That's what I'm so afraid. This movie is so hyped that when I watch it I'm gonna be disappointed!

Don't worry, you'll love it :)

szaman
31.10.10, 03:55
I love A Sci-Fi and this movie was very good- maybe that's what that there is no sensible competition

Blocker
31.10.10, 16:01
Yesterday I downloaded the movie "Inception.DVDRiP.XviD-ARROW"

I expect a good flick ,let's watch it and see if IMDB is correct (9.1) !

yoco
31.10.10, 17:43
I'm still waiting for HD 720p :D

C3PO
31.10.10, 17:54
Of course. I'm waiting for FULL BD

yoco
31.10.10, 17:59
You're gonna download a full BD? Wow, I wanna have your internet connection :D

slikrapid
01.11.10, 15:59
Yesterday I downloaded the movie "Inception.DVDRiP.XviD-ARROW"

you might want to get a better version:

Inception.RERiP.DVDRiP.XviD-ARROW

#
▀ ▀ ŮŢ Ţ NOTES: We are sorry for the fuck up.
#
▄█ Ů Ů This rerip fixes the overcrop,
#
▄▓▄▓▀ resolution, AR, the broken cd
#
change and we also included AC3
#
this time since the movie
#
compressed very well. Enjoy!

http://nfo.rlslog.net/view/12928

yoco
02.11.10, 16:07
Man, my cousin spoiled a bit of story yesterday. Seriously I wanted to knock him out for that. All I hope now is that I'll forget a bit when I'll watch movie!

slikrapid
02.11.10, 18:43
watched it the other day and wasn't really impressed, sure, the plot was interesting at first, but later on it just became a pointless exercise in visual effects and meaningless (shooting) action, none of the events or characters (except the lead one) were defined beyond the superficial and the acting was definitely not something one would remember as even above average - to see it land at nr.4 of the imdb all-time best rated movies is just pathetic as there are definitely many, many better movies than this one - it may as well be a sign of declining standards in film-making (the optimistic view)

furthermore, this is one of those movies where one gets a glimpse of the future-to-come or wishful-thinking, stating explicitly that 'your mind is the scene of the crime', connecting with the previous movies with such a theme of abusing people's minds, like in the matrix (continuous virtual reality as substitute for living experiences) or minority report (thought crimes), not to mention that the actual criminals in this movie get to be rewarded for their 'mental intrusion' and the corporations running these operations making their own rules as they please (as they already do nowadays), so it could just as well fit in the category of predictive programming for the future

caballero
02.11.10, 19:44
nr.4 of the imdb all-time best rated movies is just pathetic

1. 9.2 The Shawshank Redemption (1994)529,487
2. 9.1 The Godfather (1972)417,408
3. 9.0 The Godfather: Part II (1974) 249,857
4. 9.0 Inception (2010) 210,812
5. 8.9 The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) 163,943
6. 8.9 Pulp Fiction (1994) 424,686
7. 8.9 Schindler's List (1993) 281,038
8. 8.9 12 Angry Men (1957) 122,033
9. 8.8 One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) 218,499
10. 8.8 The Dark Knight (2008) 473,417

Excluding number 3,5,8,9 (old movies) you can see that the number of votes for the movies is much greater than the one for Inception. So, it's still too early for Inception to stay up there forever. When the 'critical reviewers' (as opposed to people who their opinion depends on 1- their mood after the movie or who they went with :P) vote and share their thoughts, the movie will step down a few ranks. I haven't watched the move yet but from what I've heard, a few places below 4 is the right place for it.

it may as well be a sign of declining standards in film-making (the optimistic view)

That's what is happening. In my opinion, there's nothing anyone can do, there are no plots without the usual clichés. Unless, another war brings new plots, who knows, there might be one soon :eek:

PS. I suggest you make an account in IMDB (if you haven't got one already) and start voting for the movies. I've already suggested a movie critic career for you but you had strong views on that as I remeber :D, this isn't the same. You can write a review and no one can discuss it with you, they can only say if it was helpful or not.

slikrapid
02.11.10, 20:47
Excluding number 3,5,8,9 (old movies) you can see that the number of votes for the movies is much greater than the one for Inception. So, it's still too early

the number of votes in such a short period of time shows the extent of its hyped nature, as for being early i'd disagree, as 200,000+ votes should definitely be representative enough for the long term trends, meaning it won't fluctuate much - but then again, since the imdb scores are highly likely the result of manipulations it doesn't really matter how people vote as some titles will remain favored regardless of the actual statistics

there are no plots without the usual clichés. Unless, another war brings new plots

it doesn't matter, a good movie will be the one the viewer likes to watch (tends to admire/respect and so on), for whatever reason - even though most of the really original ideas have already been used, there will still be occasional quality variations - the problem nowadays is that the established directors/actors don't seem to live up to their former 'glory' and the newer generations aren't as skilled/dedicated/enthusiastic as the ones before them, though these trends are paralleled with the societal ones as well, feeding from each other and sharing a similar development

as for the imdb account issue, it is already partially explained above, suffice it to add that the occasional short sbi 'reviews'/opinions are as far as i intend to go :biggrin:

pimphead07
03.11.10, 14:47
i'll wait for remuxes to appear.. BD is dated for dec 7 release so hardly a month left :)

totmann
04.11.10, 07:36
I've seen it twice. Really impressive, especially the great perfomance of Leonardo. This year his <Shutter Island> is also fantastic~~~

Shelter
04.11.10, 13:41
Finally DVD it's out,waited for a long time.This weekend i will watch afther 2 redbull's because u have 2 be concetrate!

yoco
04.11.10, 16:08
x9wave, lol, you serious? :D Is it true that HD is not coming for another month?

Shelter
06.11.10, 18:43
YOCO : Joking,but if im tired im not gonna watch it because iz heavy & i dont have pacient or im thinking of different things!Someone told me that have'd see Inception twice to understand it ...I dont know when HD it's cooming out,but dvd quality work's 4 me :)

rubben2
07.11.10, 04:29
@ x9wave
You don't have to watch it twice, if you pay enough attention while watching it first time. I thought Memento was more confusing than this.
btw, Blu-Ray will release on 7 Dec.

yoco
07.11.10, 11:19
Agree with the post above. Maybe you don't get it completely everything the first time, but it should be enough to know what's happening.

And Memento really is confusing! I should watch it again :D

Shelter
07.11.10, 19:19
I have'd seem him yesterday night.Good movie...They have stole a little bit from Matrix the idea of the dreams.I dind't understand at the end the last's minutes when it's have'd turn back or was another dream !!!!Because they dont show what the chinese guy make'd with the gun.They show only that his take the gun...but he shot him or not?

lolz
08.11.10, 10:23
It's not Chinese guy, It's Japanese guy :D Shot or not,it's not important because in the end, the totem was shaking after running for a while. I think that means the totem will be fallen.

Blocker
09.11.10, 03:32
I watched it yesterday

Awesome movie,some ideas were taken in my opinion from Matrix The Matrix (1999) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133093/) and Paprika Paprika (2006) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0851578/)

Well looks like Nolan's movies are getting better

I liked it ,I'm thinking in watch this movie again too

Shelter
09.11.10, 13:04
Blocker : u gonna watch again because u dind't understand it???HAhahahah....Joking!

neon
13.11.10, 17:28
someone knows anything about BD rip. I want that. Waiting ....... :(. I think they are releasing Blue rays in dec.

yoco
13.11.10, 22:58
You're right. Blu-ray is coming december so I guess sometimes then you can expect a release!

Extraterrestrial
18.11.10, 22:58
I watched it today and i didn't like it as much as Shutter Island, i hate mind fuck movies!!
btw, BRRip is out, I watched this version (Inception.2010.720p.BRRip.XviD-TiMPE).

empire
20.11.10, 16:36
they had a special ep in Southpark too. i think it was called "Inseeption" or something like that. it was way better that the movie.
i liked when the pizza guy came in and hooked himself to the machine. so when he went to the dream world, he was like "who ordered pizza". :biggrin: EPIC.

yoco
10.12.10, 16:00
So finally I watched the movie in HD! :biggrin:
What to say? It was good, but definitely not masterpiece. I'll need to re watch it soon, cuz I honestly didn't understand everything for the first time.
A few things if someone knows the answers!
1. How did Cobb find Saito and how long did it take? 2. How did both of them manage to wake up? 3. The last scene, was it reality or was he dreaming?

My rating? Not more than 8/10

ParamouR
10.12.10, 16:26
@yoco just like you, I to didn't understood properly. Until I watch it once more I understood the movie ;) I would rate the movie : 7.5/10

yoco
10.12.10, 16:55
Do you or anyone else see my spoiler tag? For some reason I don't see it, but it's there!

anon
10.12.10, 20:09
Do you or anyone else see my spoiler tag? For some reason I don't see it, but it's there!

You used it the wrong way. I fixed it for you. :happy:

I'll answer the third question:
It's not really clear. As you know, the top would never stop spinning if he was in a dream. But by the time it appears it's going to slowly stop and fall, the movie ends. So I guess it's up to us.

yoco
10.12.10, 23:38
Can you tell what did I do wrong about the spoiler?

anon
10.12.10, 23:40
You did this:

When you have to do this:

Text I want to hide...

yoco
10.12.10, 23:42
But I clicked on Spoiler icon and it opened a window and when I was done I clicked on ok, that's how I got this then. I didn't write it manually!

anon
10.12.10, 23:43
Yeah, you have to type the "label" (text before the button) when the dialog box appears, then click OK, then write the text you want to hide. :wsmile:

Sazzy
10.12.10, 23:59
I've only just watched it last week and somehow I really got my hopes up about this movie. I'm not saying it's bad. Not by a long shot even. However, after watching it, I wouldn't exactly call it the "best movie of the year" like my friends did either.

In all honesty, the complete hype (even south park jumped on it) around this movie made me end up a little bit disappointed.

yoco
11.12.10, 11:25
I completely agree with you! When this movie came out, my cousin begged me to go with him to cinema, but in the end we didn't go. And now I don't regret it. Like I said before, the movie is good, but I think it's way too overrated. If I can compare Nolan movies, I'd say The Dark Knight is way better!

Resurrection
14.12.10, 07:13
If I can compare Nolan movies, I'd say The Dark Knight is way better!

Seriously?You did not like it more that TDK?
In my opinion,Inception is one of the greatest of all time...A masterpiece...
Surely the movie has flaws but the experience on the whole is incredible...I rated it 9/10 on IMDb...

1. How did Cobb find Saito and how long did it take?

Saito was already dead by the time the van hit the water.If you haven't deleted the movie yet you'll see that cobb doesn't come out from the van.Therefore Cobb died in that Van.Saito went into the state of limbo when he died on that ice mountain.Cobb on the other hand had just died.Hence Saito has aged a lot more than Cobb.
That is also the reason why Cobb has washed up on the shore near Saito's fortress.Since he drowned and is surrounded by water on level 1,he again wakes up in LEVEL 4 surrounded by water.But you can still see that Cobb aged a little.So limbo has affected both of them

2. How did both of them manage to wake up?

I think the kicks had to be synchronized.Both of them couldn't have come up earlier out of a dream coz of the sedatives.But towards the end,all the kicks started working simultaneously.Saito probably took the gun and shot cobb and himself.Since they are already dead in every other level,they came back to reality...

3. The last scene, was it reality or was he dreaming?

Its 100% a reality.The top wobbles.A top can't stay wobbling forever. In the dream state,it continues spinning,remember?
More importantly he can see his kids' faces again(which he couldn't in his dreams)

I saw this movie only yesterday for the first time and its definitely one of my favorite movies....
Better than Crash or Godfather I,II??I don't know but its magical...
I love such movies which require mental gymnastics...

yoco
14.12.10, 15:20
Thnx a lot for the explanations! But I do have to say that for the last question, I googled a bit and there were some theories that it's still a dream.

And yea, I did like TDK better. I think that I heard so much before I actually saw it and I had such high expectation, so that now I feel a bit disappointed.

slikrapid
14.12.10, 19:53
Inception is one of the greatest of all time...A masterpiece...

:yawn:

1. How did Cobb find Saito and how long did it take?
2. How did both of them manage to wake up?
3. The last scene, was it reality or was he dreaming?

it doesn't matter, its already so stretched beyond belief that any explanation will do just fine...lets just take another shot of that tranquilizer and we're good to go, ie. continue dreaming (up new meanings/explanations)

I don't know but its magical...

yeah, drugs tend to have such effects

I love such movies which require mental gymnastics...

i'd rather have them interesting/entertaining than as a mathematically planned fixation dressed-up in fancy clothing - a real masterpiece would naturally be quite able to deliver all across the board in a satisfying well balanced manner, unlike this hyped creation - in simpler terms: it is good, but not that good :rolleyes:

mirrormask
20.12.10, 10:50
as it has been mentioned, inception is very well made and has pretty good actor performances.
i especially enjoyed cillian murphy and tom berenger.
the downside of this movie is, that it is basicallly another version of the matrix with two or three new ideas added.

anon
20.12.10, 17:11
the downside of this movie is, that it is basicallly another version of the matrix with two or three new ideas added.

I'm glad you brought this up, because I felt more or less the same (and posted here about it). The idea was so similar to The Matrix at times, I felt I was watching that with some condiments and Di Caprio instead of Keanu Reeves.

sbonly
20.12.10, 19:15
I really liked this movie and hope to appear part 2

unsraw
22.12.10, 13:13
Really interesting movie. Watched it in cinema. But late in the night, was very tired. Was hard to follow the movie :D

yoco
22.12.10, 14:20
as it has been mentioned, inception is very well made and has pretty good actor performances.
i especially enjoyed cillian murphy and tom berenger.
I loved Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I think he's amazing in this movie!

grilled
25.12.10, 07:15
U need to be a really smart one to understand the movie.

yoco
25.12.10, 12:07
I wouldn't say that. You just need to be focused on the movie and what's happening. And probably still need to watch it for the second time :D

Sazzy
26.12.10, 00:31
If I can compare Nolan movies, I'd say The Dark Knight is way better!
true, but I kinda like TDK better than anything tbh O: That movie was just..... Ah! Awesome.

yoco
27.12.10, 10:23
Have yet to see Tron, but for me this one wasn't one of best! :D