PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Into Photography?

boggie1688
27.07.09, 10:39
New to the site,

Was wondering if anyone here is into photography at all? I got a D50 & D40 with Nikon 50 1.8 MF, Tamron 17-50 2.8, a Sigma 50-150 2.8 and a sb800. All of which fits snuggly into my Computrekker AW backpack.

I just started this hobby and thoroughly enjoy it...anyone else here addicted?

cheatos
27.07.09, 10:53
i hate being shot with the camera,
i feel like someone is pointing the gun towards me LOL

Pickle
27.07.09, 11:59

you may have psicological problems go to a doctor :)

moojuice
27.07.09, 14:01
I just started to get into photography too :smile: Started with a Canon 960is point and shoot, by taking mostly food pictures. Then I noticed it wasn't good enough, so I bought a d90 recently with a 18-200mm Nikkor lens and i'm loving it. Still a beginner but i'm enjoying it and very addicted.

I love macro pictures, or mostly pictures with a blurry background.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
27.07.09, 15:09

Same here :smile:))

According to Pickle whe are serial killers ..Beware

Was wondering if anyone here is into photography at all? I got a D50 & D40 with Nikon 50 1.8 MF, Tamron 17-50 2.8, a Sigma 50-150 2.8 and a sb800. All of which fits snuggly into my Computrekker AW backpack.

I like photography my friend...but for me you have speaked other languages when have you described all that:tongue:

But Welcome on the forum my friend !! :top:

kelly
27.07.09, 17:04
@ Boggie, Welcome to SB-I :thumbsup:

I have a great interest in Photography, although i always wanted to take photos but never got a chance due to some or the other reason. Anyways i now have a spare time , & a Sony DSCW35 at my disposal. I am still a noob photographer hence lots of things to learn.

I am mainly inclined towards Nature Photography.

Have a look at my album here (http://www.sb-innovation.de/members/kelly-albums-my-zeal-towards-photography.html) at SB-I

boggie1688
27.07.09, 22:49

I sort of know how you feel. If Im taking photos of ppl in their own niche, I try to do it without them looking at the camera. They always seemed to feel creeped out. So now I try to approach them and tell them before I snap a photo.

I just started to get into photography too Started with a Canon 960is point and shoot, by taking mostly food pictures. Then I noticed it wasn't good enough, so I bought a d90 recently with a 18-200mm Nikkor lens and i'm loving it. Still a beginner but i'm enjoying it and very addicted.

I love macro pictures, or mostly pictures with a blurry background.

D90, omg Im soo jealous. I want that camera so much. Its a bit out of my price range for now. The 18-200 VR is really a nice all around lens. But if your looking for macro photography, you might wanna try something else. Also blurry backgrounds aka BOKEH are a feature of large apertures. Some like my 2.8 or 1.8 fstop lens will give you amazing BOKEH. I'll post up a sample later tonight. Macro for your view pleasure of course.

@ Boggie, Welcome to SB-I

I have a great interest in Photography, although i always wanted to take photos but never got a chance due to some or the other reason. Anyways i now have a spare time , & a Sony DSCW35 at my disposal. I am still a noob photographer hence lots of things to learn.

I am mainly inclined towards Nature Photography.

Have a look at my album here at SB-I

I dig this photo. You didn't use any post processing right?
http://www.sb-innovation.de/members/kelly-albums-my-zeal-towards-photography-picture888-a.html

SBfreak
27.07.09, 23:08
Well I feel kinda back stabbed ...
I have a D90 too but my mother uses it more than me.

moojuice
28.07.09, 07:45
Well I feel kinda back stabbed ...
I have a D90 too but my mother uses it more than me.

lol how come? professional photographer?

D90, omg Im soo jealous. I want that camera so much. Its a bit out of my price range for now. The 18-200 VR is really a nice all around lens. But if your looking for macro photography, you might wanna try something else. Also blurry backgrounds aka BOKEH are a feature of large apertures. Some like my 2.8 or 1.8 fstop lens will give you amazing BOKEH. I'll post up a sample later tonight. Macro for your view pleasure of course.

My next lens is going to be the 105mm or 200mm Nikkor Micro. Can't wait, although i might consider the 60mm too cause i like to take food pictures.

kelly
28.07.09, 08:19
I dig this photo. You didn't use any post processing right?
http://www.sb-innovation.de/members/kelly-albums-my-zeal-towards-photography-picture888-a.html

Thanks.. I haven't done any post processing ,its just the way it is. :smile:

SBfreak
28.07.09, 14:12
lol how come? professional photographer?
No she's a medic.I don't know where she has it from.:tongue:

boggie1688
28.07.09, 23:04
Here is a photo I took 20 mins ago. Using a 50mm 1.8 aperture with manual focus on a Dx body. So its kinda like a 78mm. The lens Im using is a cheapo version of the 50mm, still great, but the bokeh on the 1.4 is WAYYY better.

Have a look see, and tell me what you think. Im trying to demonstrate good blurred background. The original raw file is 5mbs, the jpeg 1mb, and after uploading it..they robbed me of my quality!

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=4684

anon
28.07.09, 23:06
they robbed me of my quality!

Not that much, it looks good even under Opera Turbo, which severely reduces image quality to decrease the amount of traffic.

IceBox
30.07.09, 03:28
If lenses weren't so expensive, I'd be into photography much more deeply. I sadly just can't afford to be buying tons and tons of ~$1k lenses :P