PDA

View Full Version : Jet Li's salary for "The Warlords" sets record.

zatoicchi
29.11.07, 19:46
"BEIJING - Chinese action star Jet Li is set to rake in 100 million yuan ($13 million) for his latest movie, a record for an actor in a Chinese-language film, state media reported on Sunday.

Nearly half of the $40 million budget for “The Warlords” went to the cast, among whom were Hong Kong heartthrob Andy Lau, Takeshi Kaneshiro and Beijing-based actress and director Xu Jinglei, in addition to Li.

“Without Jet Li, we would not dare to invest $40 million in a Chinese-language film,” Xinhua news agency quoted director Peter Chan as saying. Li was a “guarantee” for global sales, Chan said

Chinese-language movies have registered a string of hits in the past few years, from Ang Lee’s martial arts tale “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon,” to Zhang Yimou’s ancient history epic ”Hero.”

The earlier salary record was held by Li himself for his role in “Hero,” for which he earned 70 million yuan.

Li, 44, a childhood martial arts champion, has also broken into English-language films, featuring in action pictures such as “Romeo Must Die” and “Lethal Weapon 4.”

“The Warlords,” a war epic based on a Qing Dynasty story, is slated for release in Asia in mid-December and in North America from next March."

source:Jet Li?s big paycheck sets record - Movies - MSNBC.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21965227/)

trace32
06.12.07, 23:25
Wow big pay day i could do with some of that.

shooter69
29.01.08, 20:29
that's a lot alright... i think the movie is gonna turn out great though.... i love action flicks..

xiii47i
31.01.08, 03:00
ye the cast looks top notch

imtony
02.02.08, 22:33
What can I say my boy jet li be bustin chops!

Yahron
06.02.08, 22:51
wow that is alot of money, but what he does is definatly worth it!

Sodoshi
07.02.08, 20:00
I just wish he'd do a movie with jackie Chan!

magni
08.02.08, 00:11
I just wish he'd do a movie with jackie Chan!

haha thaat would be great :]
2 great actors in one great movie :rolling_eyes:

hitman
08.02.08, 15:44
haha thaat would be great :]
2 great actors in one great movie :rolling_eyes:

there is a new fantasy film called the forbidden kingdom with jet lee and jackie chan that comes to the cinema this year