PDA

View Full Version : Another problem with Peerguardian2

Mihai
22.07.09, 19:54
This little software may be good but it's making me mad.I wanted to play World of Warcraft and i had Burning Crusade pack.So it will automatically update but it didn't.Didn't realised why and downloaded the last version of wow( The Lich King).It had almost 7 gb, lol.I tryed with it and still no.Then i realised something is happening.So i thinked of this little program and when i closed it it started working instantly.So now when i have to play WOW i have to stop it.
Not very nice:stupid:

For those who had or are having this problem look here and see maybe this is the cause.:top:

anon
22.07.09, 19:56
Heh, yes, PG's manual acknowledges things like Steam or Battle.net connectivity are blocked.

Mihai
22.07.09, 19:57
Heh, yes, PG's manual acknowledges things like Steam or Battle.net connectivity are blocked.

Now that is stupid.What does Steam or Battlenet have to do with p2p?

anon
22.07.09, 19:59
Oh yes it is. I guess they are blocked because they have no reason to be seen doing P2P transfers - remember when Eset's server was seen torrenting?

You can always remove the offending entries from your blocklist via PG itself.

Mihai
22.07.09, 20:06
How?I can't see how.

anon
22.07.09, 20:09
PeerGuardian 2:Manual - Phoenix Labs Wiki (http://wiki.phoenixlabs.org/wiki/PeerGuardian_2:Manual#Open_a_List)

alpacino
23.07.09, 01:51
I'm not at World of Warcraft but I remember seeing a friend of mine playing and updating. The update process is based on guess what... p2p. Maybe disable the peerguardian when updating and enable back again when playing, etc. :wink:

anon
23.07.09, 17:46
Maybe disable the peerguardian when updating and enable back again when playing, etc. :wink:

That could do, too. After all, P2Ping while playing MMOs is a recipe for lag...

WoW updates are distributed via BitTorrent, right?

alpacino
23.07.09, 19:34
That could do, too. After all, P2Ping while playing MMOs is a recipe for lag...

WoW updates are distributed via BitTorrent, right?

Yeah, they are distributed through an internal engine which I'm sure is p2p, but don't know if it's BitTorrent. The updates are very fast, like Vuze updates for example. There are lots of WoW communities around too and they always post several mirrors for updates in OCHs.