PDA

View Full Version : PacketiX.NET - Free VPN Service

anon
15.07.09, 18:31
If you are looking for a free VPN service with decent speeds give PacketiX.NET a try, the free non-commercial academic version of the service is completely free to use and provides very good browsing speeds via server cluster based in Japan.

Link (http://packetix.net/en/) :thumbsup:

Article (http://www.megaleecher.net/Free_VPN_Service)

Hellboy
16.07.09, 03:58
I think you need to download their client to use their VPN service ? :mad2:

Kyllyee
16.07.09, 05:28

It appears so as they have a "VPN Client Installation" section.

anon
16.07.09, 18:18

I'm under the impression you get mad at anything...

But with a good reason: their client installs a driver for the virtual adapter, and a service. I disabled both after testing the VPN yesterday night. Browsing was fine, but torrents wouldn't go above 50kB/s, so I guess this is the AOL proxy of VPNs when it comes to downloading.

alex7xl
18.07.09, 14:26
What if they collect your privacy info ?
I think it's unsafe to use these free services. Anyway thx for link

alpacino
18.07.09, 16:05
What if they collect your privacy info ?
I think it's unsafe to use these free services. Anyway thx for link

Well, you see this free VPN states it's for "academic use only" and whenever you opt to take a shot at a VPN you are automatically agreeing to share some personal data, like what you are browsing, downloading etc. If real privacy is needed, maybe you should consider a private VPN (paid) and check out their contract terms and such.

anon
18.07.09, 18:11
IMO you can never be too sure, even with paid services claiming not to keep any logs. :redface:

anonftw
19.07.09, 03:11
IMO you can never be too sure, even with paid services claiming not to keep any logs. :redface:

Most even have filesharing and illegal use restrictions in their TOS but will personally tell you they are for just there for legal reasons. So, protect yourself however you can. They are just trying to make and keep their money and you are just a replacable customer. </doomandgloom> :tongue:

A paid VPN is still a good idea especially for getting back on those banned trackers. Just do some research. :biggrin:

anon
19.07.09, 17:49
Most even have filesharing and illegal use restrictions in their TOS but will personally tell you they are for just there for legal reasons. So, protect yourself however you can. They are just trying to make and keep their money and you are just a replacable customer. </doomandgloom> :tongue:

Some don't, remember FSF's VPN services review? :tongue:

A paid VPN is still a good idea especially for getting back on those banned trackers. Just do some research. :biggrin:

Yes, most trackers are OK with (paid) VPNs. Still, I'd go to their IRC first before losing a BitMeTV account, for example.