PDA

View Full Version : How To Keep your PC running Safe & Secure..?

Dark Knight
21.06.09, 19:07
well I Would like to knowWhat Are the Softwares you think are the Best For providing Maximum Security to Your PC?

well my PC has been severly infected With Trojans ,Malwares & Spywares that Keeps on coming back. New problems are coming Day by Day.:icon_angry[1]:

[FONT="Arial Black"]
So Please tell me & others How you keep your PC Secure ?:frown::confused:

anon
21.06.09, 19:09
Antivirus: NOD32 v2.7, set to update on startup and every 5 hours, only AMON activated
Firewall: Outpost v4 until quite recently, now I'm doing some tests with it turned off
Anti-spyware/malware: I don't think I need it - I'm careful with what I run, check new stuff inside a sandbox, and use Autoruns every now and then to see if there's anything strange set to start up with Windows.

Dynamic
21.06.09, 20:15
I use AVG antivirus for that function and than I use Spybot for any spyware that gets downloaded. I also use Ad-Aware for the daily cleans if needed.

All have served me well. All is also free which is a bonus so I don't have to search for keys and codes.

I really recommend Spybot though as you can set it to be real time monitor of changes to reg which helps remove a lot of malware.

SBfreak
21.06.09, 20:24
I use only Nod 32 v 4.0.443 Smart Security.Has firewall and antivirus incorporated.

splicer
21.06.09, 21:04
My Linux machines are naked; I am more than satisfied that they will not get infected because there are just so few (and I mean few) viruses/malware for it.

My Windows machines use Avast! Professional, which acts as a firewall, antivirus and virus scanner, as well as many other things, but more importantly isn't a major drain on resources.

Though the most important thing is common sense - if something looks suspicious, it probably is.

rom08
21.06.09, 21:18
I use Kaspersky internet security all include and no problems any more

yoco
21.06.09, 22:41
Well I have AVG antivirus, SpyBot and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware for spyware! :top:

Dark Knight
21.06.09, 22:43
Well guys thanks For Replies,For your information , I have been Hit by The Nastiest Virus Ever..
Just Google It

reader_s.exe

I have Reinstalled my OS several times & Also Ran Many antiVirus ..but none of Them Worked it is Still in MY PC somewhere...And onlyThing I CanDo Is Stop it to Connecting To the internet...
but unable to clean it......

is there Any SUreshot way getting rid of IT..?

anon
21.06.09, 22:44
is there Any SUreshot way getting rid of IT..?

Burning all your documents and downloads to a CD, flashdrive or separate HDD, then formatting everything and reinstalling Windows would be a sure bet.

From what I can see, that virus infects several core Windows files, including logonui.exe and services.exe, which makes it pretty much impossible to completely remove.

slikrapid
21.06.09, 22:47
well my PC has been severly infected With Trojans ,Malwares & Spywares that Keeps on coming back. New problems are coming Day by Day.

other users gave you good advice for catching those nasties when they arrive - but you should also be careful what you download (or run on your PC) or what kind of sites you visit - since the infestations! keep coming back its probably from some sites you frequently visit

also i think you may exclude private torrent sites as the reason for this, since their torrent contents is almost always free of viruses & co.

btw. let us know if you found the culprit :wink:

anon
21.06.09, 22:49
btw. let us know if you found the culprit :wink:

He already found it, and it seems it can't be removed without a deep, full reinstall. :frown:

slikrapid
21.06.09, 23:05
here's a discussion about it, looks like many have succeeded in removing it, but be careful with the tools used:

http://www.virusremovalguru.com/?p=1511

reader_s.exe

any idea how you got it (you can explain in general if you don't want to go into details)

Burning all your documents and downloads to a CD, flashdrive or separate HDD

looks like it copies itself all over the computer - it might be on backup drives too :frown:

edit:

doesn't look too good:

I read somewhere that other users saw Virut coming back even after they formatted and reinstalled windows. How could I format it where this can be avoided?

In most cases the problem is not due to the infection surving the format. It is more frequently due to users not heading the warning we are giving you. If you have made any backups and reinstall anything from these backups, you could just be reinstalling the infection. No executable type files can be trusted. Anything you have download could be infected. EXE, ZIP, RAR, DLL, COM, PDF, HTML, MP3, AVI, ASP......any many more type file extensions can carry this infect. If just one single infected file remains anywhere, it could spawn the infection again once it is accessed/run.

You need to delete all partitions ON ALL HARDDISKS and format then and then reinstall Windows from clean original uninfected media. And then you need to download and install all new protection software. You cannot use any copies of backups you have made since they could be infected. You also need to format all removable devices like flash drives or external hard disks since they also could be carrying the infection. Also, if this PC is used on a network with other computers, all other computers in the network need to be checked for this infection.

abookhalil
22.06.09, 01:07
the best anti-virus is AVG

format your hd then setup it . No TROJANS AGAIN :smile:

Download AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5.1.43 - FileHippo.com (http://www.filehippo.com/download_avg_antispyware/)

alpacino
22.06.09, 05:03
I've been using NOD32 in conjunction with Spybot and sometimes Ad-aware free edition. They haven't let me down so far. But what splicer said is right, common sense is very important.

Nobody
22.06.09, 05:07
Kaspersky for AV/Firewall, Spysweeper for the ever-so-often spyware sweep

DriftKing
22.06.09, 10:24
Kaspersky for Antivirus - Outpost for Strong Firewall - and Ad aware for spyware and Malware protection. If you have this 3 soft in your fresh formatted pc, you will never face any problem for sure !

kazuya
22.06.09, 11:04
nod32,outpost firewall 2009,spyware doctor

Dark Knight
25.06.09, 05:06
ok guys, thanX 4 ur valuable Suggestions. After @ days ..i have got my PCC Free From Viruses i Think So....
Presently I Am Using KaspersKy Internet Security 2010 ..and It has All the Features & i Think that it will Save my ass For now.

well i have one another strange Question that " The proceeses in My WIN XP Task MAnager are shown in capital Words like EXPLORER.EXE , SVCHOST.EXE ,LASS.exe ,etc. " . After i just reinstalled my OS ,these processes were in Small letters , but after installation of VGA Driver it Changed to capital."

Is it really a matter of concern or its just me being cautious.i Think still there ae Some infectons in my PC ,Though I Have Deeply Scanned it & removed all infected Files......

alpacino
25.06.09, 07:18
Does it happen even after a fresh reboot? Generally speaking I think it might not be a serious problem. More important than finding this strange is keeping a look out for suspicious names in your task manager, they could be malwares.

anon
25.06.09, 13:39
well i have one another strange Question that " The proceeses in My WIN XP Task MAnager are shown in capital Words like EXPLORER.EXE , SVCHOST.EXE ,LASS.exe ,etc. " . After i just reinstalled my OS ,these processes were in Small letters , but after installation of VGA Driver it Changed to capital."

That happens all the time at my school, but even on non-infected computers and if the processes' filenames are written in lowercase.

At home they're are shown in lowercase. (I have an nVidia GeForce 5200FX video card just in case that helps you).

If you're suspecting something is hiding itself from Windows's Task Manager, download a copy of Advanced Process Termination, which can see invisible processes and bypasses any possible API hooks.

MikeD
29.06.09, 18:13
For anti-virus, I like ESET NOD32. For anti-spyware, try SUPERAntiSpyware from SUPERAntiSpyware.com | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware! (http://www.superantispyware.com). The two work great together and should provide outstanding protection.