PDA

View Full Version : QuickTime Alternative 2.9.0 - Play .mov, .qt and .3gp files without QuickTime Player

SBfreak
14.06.09, 13:29
QuickTime is one of the most used video formats in modern day. As you probably already know, the official player for QuickTime files is ‘Apple QuickTime Player’. Personally, I do not like QuickTimer Player at all – it takes a hell of a time to load, adds startup entries, rapes the registry and consumes a lot of system resources. How cool would it be if you could play QuickTime files in your favorite media player, such as in Media Player Classic? With ‘QuickTime Alternative’, this (and more) is possible. If you consider Apple’s Quicktime Player a piece of bloatware, you might find this post useful

Read more:top: (http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2009/06/quicktime-alternative-290-play-mov-qt.html)

splicer
14.06.09, 13:57
God's Gift to those who require Apple codecs but refuse to pollute their machines with Apple filth.

I agree with that user; I hate Apple/Mac software - it is way over simplified. So much so, I think they think their users are like 10 years old; this only leads to features being removed and those which are kept are hidden, and hard to access.

Black Orchid
15.06.09, 04:47
I agree with that user; I hate Apple/Mac software - it is way over simplified. So much so, I think they think their users are like 10 years old; this only leads to features being removed and those which are kept are hidden, and hard to access.

Apple software very bloated. Installer file usually huge, program do little compared to size. This not to say that Apple computer are bad. Apple soft for PC not so great.

alpacino
15.06.09, 09:40
I use that for some time now, very good alternative to QuickTime and iTunes from Apple. The only software by apple I'm appreciating right now is Safari, didn't think I would like it :)