PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Add-on Collections

anon
11.06.09, 18:42
The ability to completely customize your browser with thousands of add-ons is one of the best features of Firefox, and highlights the talent, dedication, and innovation of our great community. With thousands of add-ons and close to 1.5 billion downloads, Mozilla has been working hard this year to provide a great experience for both add-on users and developers.

Today, we're excited to introduce a new feature to our website that will expose the niche add-ons that can be hard to find, and gives users a more active role in helping outstanding add-ons bubble to the top. One thing we've learned as add-ons have grown in popularity over the years is that once a user finds an add-on they love, they become a fan for life. We see this all the time as people recommend add-ons to their friends and write great reviews. And we're very happy to see so many bloggers writing about lists of their favorite add-ons.

Link (http://blog.mozilla.com/addons/2009/06/10/introducing-add-on-collections/) :thumbsup:

James73
19.06.09, 01:09
Indeed Mozilla is the best

here are some useful addons

AdBlock plus - banner killer
CS lite - antispyware
Fasterfox - surf accelerator
NoScript - customize script permissions
DownThemAll - download manager
GooglePreview the name says it all ;-)
GreaseMonkey - Allows to personalize a web page layout using javascript
TVmanager - To stay always updated of your favourite tv progs :p

anon
19.06.09, 01:19
I think we already have a thread about favorite addons :tongue:

Still, I'd like to add some to your list:

Add N Edit Cookies - cookie manager
Cache Status - shows how full your cache is in the status bar
CustomizeGoogle - lets you tweak Google's services and remove some privacy-invading stuff
Modify Headers - lets you modify, filter or add HTTP headers in Firefox's requests, useful to decrease your overhead
PopupSound - makes a sound when FF blocks a popup or a download finishes :biggrin:

splicer
19.06.09, 01:29
I've got to say that RefControl is also a good addon; it acts as a HTTP dereferer, and although there is one inplace by SB-I, an extra precaution when visiting other sites from SB-I should not be turned down.

I'm also a fan of iMacros; this is a popular among lurkers of /b/, and has been used on several raids - such making Rick Astley win the European MTV Music Awards. Essentially, you press "record", you do a function such as filling options in a form, press "stop" once you've finished, and then indicate how many time you want iMacros to repeat the process, and press "start".

Blocker
19.06.09, 04:40
Also I add my favourites!

AdBlock Plus

FlagFox

IE Tab

Linkification

McAffe SiteAdvisor

:top:

divlord
19.06.09, 05:18
adblock plus
autocopy
linkification
image zoom
RDown
Flashgot

SealLion
19.06.09, 06:42
Interclue is one of my favorites.

It allows the user to preview whats on the link.
For example, here on the board, instead of waiting a long time for the link to finish loading, Interclue lets me see what the PM says, what the latest post in a thread says, what link a 'link' goes to, etc...etc....basically a pretty neat item, IMHO. :)