YouTube - Shutter Island Trailer 1 HD - Martin Scorsese

Looks promising!

divlord
11.06.09, 15:44
yeah it looks good.
Its been quite a time since I watched a martin scorsese movie

alpacino
12.06.09, 09:30
Thanks for the heads-up man, Scorcese is the man, I love his films. I was so happy for him when I watched he winning the oscar for The Departed film. All in all seems to be a nice thriller, looking forward to it. Leonardo Di Caprio is a little bit too cocky, but ok.

nextor
20.06.09, 00:33
Haven't seen DiCaprio for ages but I think it looks like he's doing a decent job for a change. This film looks very entertaining endeed! Something to look forward to!

Can't really say i knew about Scorcese but it seems like he likes DiCaprio, hehe...

alpacino
20.06.09, 05:52
Can't really say i knew about Scorcese but it seems like he likes DiCaprio, hehe...Yes, they've been doing some films together lately:
-The Departed
-The Aviator
-Gangs of New York

yoco
03.10.09, 11:58
New Trailer
YouTube - Shutter Island Official Trailer 2

GotIt
07.03.10, 01:27
Definetly awesome trailer, I might pop into the cinemas for this. Always loved Scorcese films.

Thanks for the share!

darklight
07.03.10, 02:01
creepy trailer gotta catch this:smile:

leechmodder
07.03.10, 03:24
Didnt like the movie... ahh.. mind games. 5/10

Jambina
07.03.10, 06:28
It looks like ok another thriller

kazuya
07.03.10, 11:50
hmm look like good movie,watching it for sure

SBfreak
07.03.10, 11:57
Is it worth watching it CAM?

saebrtooth
07.03.10, 12:04
I would rather wait for a better version, unless it was a must

Blocker
07.03.10, 16:44
WOW this Scorsese's movie looks awesome

Also it has a great grade at IDMB:top:

kazuya
07.03.10, 17:03

only maybe Telesnync but i rather wait for good movies like this at least an good R5 release if you don't have the patience to wait for BRrip.If i am not wrong quality should go like this:

cam->telesync->TELECINE ->dvd screener->workout print->R5->DVDrip->BRrip

Blocker
07.03.10, 17:09
I also prefer R5 quality or above on the gounds that CAM's looks horrible IMHO :biggrin:

When is great or promising movie I prefer go to cinema like this one

grebetu
07.03.10, 17:25

No movie should be watched as cam. Groups that release cam and telesync should be shot.

I don't use screeners or r5 either, proper dvd/br source only.
It's really shame to ruin your experience watching a good movie with poor picture or sound.

Btw, I haven't seen Avatar yet :biggrin:

dreamer
07.03.10, 17:38
nothing is worth watching on CAM! IMO.
the only thing I ever saw that wasn't in DVD quality was Cars in telesync and it looked fucking good!
probably because it was an animation.

@ Shutter Island. looks really promising. suppose to be something a lot of critics rely on.
my friend saw it a few days ago said it was good.
I don't believe in the whole concept of "the director is known to have "quality" movies so the movie must be good".
I'll have to put it in my test!

GotIt
08.03.10, 09:11
I don't use screeners or r5 either, proper dvd/br source only.

Haha I have to disagree, screeners in particular usually come outs weeks before dvdrips and the only difference is the watermark, which some groups try to blur out.

That said, yes CAM's and TS's of good movies should be avoided at ALL costs :biggrin:

SBfreak
08.03.10, 13:56
No movie should be watched as cam. Groups that release cam and telesync should be shot.
They're only doing their job.Plus some CAMs have really nice quality,for a CAM...
Btw, I haven't seen Avatar yet
I saw it Xvid.Isn't that enough:tongue:?

grebetu
08.03.10, 14:15
I saw it Xvid.Isn't that enough:tongue:?

:top:
Well compression itself isn't a problem, source is. Afaik "Avatar" is only released as telesync and screener, and "Shutter Island" is only available as telesync.
I myself like to enjoy promising movies in high quality ;)

saebrtooth
09.03.10, 06:01
Although I generally prefer high qual, there was one time i did watch cam the qual was crap but i loved the movie "Enterprise" cos ima big fan :biggrin:. But if it were anything else I woulndt go near it

GotIt
09.03.10, 07:56
I *Think* a Dvd Screener of Avatar came out a while ago.

SBfreak
09.03.10, 13:05
@grebetu.
I think this is pretty watchable.:confused2:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/580/21dr82e.png
It's from the Flawless release.

kazuya
09.03.10, 14:10
I think this is pretty watchable

you mean on this size:tongue:

SBfreak
09.03.10, 17:17
you mean on this size:tongue:
I watched it fullscreen with my friends:eek13:
What qual do you guys really want??

Blocker
09.03.10, 17:35

is it a Telesync release or DVDScreener ??

yoco
09.03.10, 19:04
We want nothing less than DVD or HD :biggrin:

saebrtooth
10.03.10, 04:29

for that size the quality is good. If ur used to watching medium qual on youtube its still decent, but you will want to watch it on a medium size monitor tho

GotIt
10.03.10, 06:20
is it a Telesync release or DVDScreener ??

It's the DVDScreener

starforce
10.03.10, 06:45
the end off this movie is Surprising it is fantastick movie

zatoicchi
10.03.10, 07:22
anything for free is good...at least your either going to enjoy it or not..but its free

saebrtooth
10.03.10, 08:02
well at least the delivery medium is free hehe

SBfreak
10.03.10, 13:11
the end off this movie is Surprising it is fantastick movie How do ya know how Shutter Island ends??
Was a CAM released?I don't see any.

kazuya
10.03.10, 13:18
Shutter Island TELESYNC XviD-MENTiON, Shutter Island Cam Xvid-Classified,Shutter Island TS Custom HebSub XviD-BuildHome,Shutter Island TS LD German PROPER XViD-Pleaders.....

SBfreak
10.03.10, 13:19
Lol I wrote shuter island instead of shutter.
Now I see there are a lot.:redface:

kazuya
10.03.10, 13:25
you need to look for it on best trackers....TL...

grebetu
10.03.10, 13:41
@SBfreak yes, screeners are watchable you just have to ignore watermarks, warnings and casual black/white picture :)

coolio256
17.03.10, 15:04
cam->telesync->TELECINE ->dvd screener->workout print->R5->DVDrip->BRrip

& whats with hdrip ?

kelly
17.03.10, 17:15
& whats with hdrip ?

If i am not mistaken , HDrip & BRrip are almost similar. It all depends on Video Bitrate.... If it's nearing to 2000kbps then its good.

coolio256
18.03.10, 00:20
If i am not mistaken , HDrip & BRrip are almost similar. It all depends on Video Bitrate.... If it's nearing to 2000kbps then its good.
ok I understand...but could it be that hdrip´s are better than bdrip´s ? for me the most hdrip´s look very awesome

shawshankraj
18.03.10, 04:47
I just finish watching it....
Very good movie not best movie from director but watchable....And R5 rip is also Very Good..

Shutter Island R5 LINE XviD-MENTiON

saebrtooth
20.03.10, 13:03
ok I understand...but could it be that hdrip´s are better than bdrip´s ? for me the most hdrip´s look very awesome

You cant get any better than BR format as it gives the highest bitrate, but once riped however thats all out the window. Just look for the higest bitrate for (usually) the highest quality

SBfreak
20.03.10, 13:56
Maybe we should make a thread "Quality matters":confused2:
It seems it's a pretty popular theme to discuss in this section.

anon
20.03.10, 17:07
Maybe we should make a thread "Quality matters":confused2:

Feel free to start it! :thumbsup:

saebrtooth
21.03.10, 01:42
Here let me do it :top:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=19384#post175657

Snitlev
21.03.10, 10:48
I'm very disappointed from the movie, I like the actor L.di Caprio but this story is only bad...

best regards

yoco
21.03.10, 11:19
I think you're the first one that I saw saying the movie isn't good!

vDD+wR
21.03.10, 11:49
I saw it yesterday and have to I am amazed by this movie. Spending the money on this one was worth imo. Specially liked the music of this movie.

kazuya
21.03.10, 11:59
ending was surprising.would never thought of that.director made us to be on bad guys side...

Se7Ven
21.03.10, 15:01
The first thing what i wanna say is that Martin Scorsese is one oft the best Art Directors of all the time.I think that this movie Shutter Island shows us the potential of his work and creativity at the end its a demonstration of his profession.

This movie depends on the spectator and the kind of viewing in the first time of the movie you think "Teddy" Daniels (Leonardo DiCaprio) is a US .Marshal and in the end what he's a Shutter Island patient ??

There is a deep level inside of secrets and senses this make all feelings disturbing also very dreadful.....thanks Mr.Scorsese for that intensions.

But what i like is the mixture between (hardboiled mystery into a full-on gothic melodrama )a horror film and a gangster movie and the feeling of drug-induced hallucinations with great classic film noir black and white flashbacks.

In this movie are deep surprising effects... moments full of puzzles and questions in different systems.

Its a fantastik trip in the post-traumatic shock syndrome of "Teddy" Daniels but what the movie means and where is the answer of all the questions?

Why not its good to ask and so dont stop asking yourself search the truth look in the mirror.....is there Teddy?

Blocker
21.03.10, 20:11
I'll download this release : Shutter Island R5 LINE XviD-MENTiON and watch how good it is

Shutter Island (2010) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1130884/)

It has a user rating of 8.1:smile:

surgat
28.03.10, 11:14
i have seen it yesterday , my consideration ..... this movie it slow and foreseeable

Blocker
28.03.10, 18:24
I watched the movie yesterday and I like it ,

Great Scorsese's movie,

Original plot , one must-see film for this year in my opinion:smile:

SBfreak
28.03.10, 18:31
The soundtrack was perfectly synced with the environment.
I even recommended this to my gramma.:redface:

Blocker
28.03.10, 18:36
The soundtrack was perfectly synced with the environment.
I even recommend this to my gramma.:redface:

Amazon.com: Shutter Island (Music From The Motion Picture)(2 CD): Original Soundtrack: Music (http://www.amazon.com/Shutter-Island-Music-Motion-Picture/dp/B002MJM87K)

Disc: 1
1. Fog Tropes (Orchestra of St. Lukes, conducted by John Adams)
2. Symphony #3: Passacaglia - Allegro Moderato (National Polish Radio Symphony, conducted by Antonio Wit)
3. Music For Marcel Duchamp (Philipp Vandre, prepared piano)
4. Hommage a John Cage (Nam June Paik)
5. Lontano (Wiener Philharmoniker, conducted by Claudio Abbado)
6. Rothko Chapel 2 (UC Berkeley Chamber Chorus)
7. Cry (Johnny Ray)
8. On The Nature Of Daylight (Max Richter)
9. Uaxuctum: The Legend Of The Mayan City Which They Themselves Destroyed For Religious Reasons - 3rd M (Vienna Radio Symphony Orchestra; Peter Rundel, conductor)
10. Quartet For Strings And Piano In A Minor (Prazak Quartet)
Disc: 2
1. Christian Zeal and Activity (John Adams / Edo de Waart & San Francisco Symphony)
2. Suite For Symphonic Strings: Nocturne (The New Professionals Orchestra, conducted by Rebecca Miller)
3. Lizard Point (Brian Eno)
4. Four Hymns, II For Cello And Double Bass (Torleif Thedeen & Entcho Radoukanov)
5. Root Of An Unfocus (John Cage)
6. Prelude - The Bay (Ingram Marshall)
7. Tomorrow Night (Lonnie Johnson)
8. This Bitter Earth / On The Nature Of Daylight (Dinah Washington & Max Richter)

I'll give it a try

pyrene
25.06.10, 19:14
I saw Shutter Island several weeks ago. I never saw it before cause I was awaiting for the blu-ray.
I do not regret ! This is really a good film even if once having watched it (the first time) I said to myself that it was different from what I thought.
I watched it a second time with my wife and then I realized it was a very good movie.
Probably one of Leonardo Dicaprio's best role.

yoco
25.06.10, 23:00
i have seen it yesterday , my consideration ..... this movie it slow and foreseeable
I have to agree!

SBfreak
25.06.10, 23:02
The ending wasn't foreseeable at all:eek:

yoco
25.06.10, 23:04
But after you go through half of the movie, you start to get all piece together!

SBfreak
25.06.10, 23:42
But after you go through half of the movie, you start to get all piece together! You mister..must be a movie expert:D

slikrapid
26.06.10, 01:25
except that the basic movie premise is simply unbelievable (they concocted this role-playing game with numerous props just to cure a patient), its more likely he would be left rotting in some padded rubber cell or served a 'healthy' dosage of electroshocks or lobotomized

basically its nothing more than a jewish propaganda wet dream, repackaged in the form of a psychological thriller, carrying their obsession with the holocaust, constantly re-using/re-hashing it, blowing it out of proportion in a masochistic way, spreading their sick fantasies onto unsuspecting viewers over and over again, hoping that they can imprint their vision of those events in the minds of millions of viewers, a story that has been purposely manipulated for zionist goals, yet taught/worshiped/cherished as some kind of religious dogma all over the world

thus, an appropriate quote:

the truth does not need perpetual reassurance, only lies do

Extraterrestrial
26.06.10, 07:36
The first thing what i wanna say is that Martin Scorsese is one oft the best Art Directors of all the time.I think that this movie Shutter Island shows us the potential of his work and creativity at the end its a demonstration of his profession.

This movie depends on the spectator and the kind of viewing in the first time of the movie you think "Teddy" Daniels (Leonardo DiCaprio) is a US .Marshal and in the end what he's a Shutter Island patient ??

There is a deep level inside of secrets and senses this make all feelings disturbing also very dreadful.....thanks Mr.Scorsese for that intensions.

But what i like is the mixture between (hardboiled mystery into a full-on gothic melodrama )a horror film and a gangster movie and the feeling of drug-induced hallucinations with great classic film noir black and white flashbacks.

In this movie are deep surprising effects... moments full of puzzles and questions in different systems.

Its a fantastik trip in the post-traumatic shock syndrome of "Teddy" Daniels but what the movie means and where is the answer of all the questions?

Why not its good to ask and so dont stop asking yourself search the truth look in the mirror.....is there Teddy?

I couldn't agree more, nice review :top:

You mister..must be a movie expert:D

or he read a review saying that the end is unexpected and kept that in mind while watching the movie :tongue:

yoco
26.06.10, 09:31
You mister..must be a movie expert
or he read a review saying that the end is unexpected and kept that in mind while watching the movie

or he read a review saying that the end is unexpected and kept that in mind while watching the movie :tongue:
I actually thought at first that this is a some kind of horror movie :rolleyes:
Then I realized it isn't and it all made sense. And I didn't read any review, I just knew that this movie had a great score on IMDB.

Vuze-Sbi
30.06.10, 20:23
This need to watch twice,you may enjoy your second more.I love Scorsese's old school movies he's still taking great pictures.