PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive: Comedy Central Goes Back to the FUTURAMA

anon
10.06.09, 21:50
Good news everybody! An inside source has revealed exclusively to Collider that "Futurama" has been given a 13 episode order by Comedy Central. Though still technically a rumor at this point, word is that "Futurama" production offices have already opened and that casting is about to move forward.

This should be a welcome surprise to fans of the show who have already gone through the series' cancellation and resurrection as direct-to-DVD movies.

Look for official word in the very near future. Though animation has a big lead time, I would guess on some kind of "Futurama" presence at Comic Con next month.

Exclusive: Comedy Central Goes Back to the FUTURAMA (http://www.collider.com/2009/06/07/exclusive-comedy-central-goes-back-to-the-futurama/)

splicer
10.06.09, 22:18
Good; Futurama is one of the best comedies out there because it is genuinely funny, due to jokes, gags, and situations rather, for example, South Park's much more crude take. As a result it appeals to many, from myself to my dad, and is enjoyable by all.

Though Fox has had a record of ending good comedies; take Family Guy for example, which I believe was cancelled not once, but twice by Fox, before Comedy Central chose to license and broadcast more episodes of it.

anon
10.06.09, 22:43
~ Moved

Saint
10.06.09, 23:14
Good news! I collected all the episodes & movies :smile:, its one of the few animated series that I collect. I love Futurama, hope it comes back!

anonftw
11.06.09, 06:19
This is wonderful news if it is true. I have been a long time follower of the show. I was glad to at least have the movies for a while, but it be great to have some fresh episodes.

labrat
11.06.09, 14:18
i'd love to see futurama back on the telly