PDA

View Full Version : P2P Forums visibility to unregistered Users

Dark Knight
02.06.09, 12:36
[FONT="System"]Do you thing the the English Filesharing forums (P2P) (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f55/) Should be visible to the unregistered users?

[FONT="Fixedsys"]share your views About it.

I think it Shouldn't be visible at alll bcoz it contains all cheating Tips/Tricks/Methods/speeds ,etc. which can be easily viewed by any Staff member of any other torrent Sites also. :rolling_eyes:

splicer
02.06.09, 12:52
I voted yes, because I feel that the knowledge available here should be freely available to everyone who wishes to look for it; staff at trackers know their tracker's flaws, and methods already - hiding information won't make a difference.

DriftKing
02.06.09, 14:02
I voted no because its risky for us ! Make One Rule -If you are cheater just be a smart :biggrin: No one should be see us because we all are cheaters :tongue:

nextor
02.06.09, 14:50
Voted No.

As driftking says, it's a risk.
Futhermore, the risk is bigger that the toolz are stolen and spreaded elsewhere and why go private when practicaly the whole forum is visible for anyone.

slikrapid
02.06.09, 16:09
no need to keep forums hidden, only to prevent mod theft and go semi-private

think about it - many users who are here now wouldn't have joined if they couldn't read the forums :tongue:

if there wasn't mod theft this forum would still be open for everyone

anon
02.06.09, 16:15
By hiding the P2P forums we'd be doing what seba does - offering mods without any information on how to use them. Power is nothing without control, right? And that control is cheating knowledge.

desodorante
02.06.09, 21:07
Hiding the forums does block new people from coming to SBI, but that won't be an issue if we use invitations:top:, because we can share the site with people that really care, and not just someone wondering around to get a leecher mod.
Otherwise we will end up having people begging for invitations just to download a mod...and those are usually the kind of users that flood the forums with silly questions that the FAQ or a simple Google search can answer, or even worst, all sorts of features requests like adding BT support to an emule mod, IMHO.
And let me add that I know barely nothing about most of the subjects discussed in the site, yet I don't post a question per minute.

thecoolest
19.10.09, 11:26
I choose No..hide Them..Just Show Them Main post of Cheat...Other Threads of disscussion & all that things must be hidden...

For watching all that thing they have to register on the site with help of frn or open Registrations

SBfreak
19.10.09, 12:38
I voted no.It's better this way.

vDD+wR
19.10.09, 19:29
I voted 'No' too, sice there's so much stuff to find, that shouldn't be seen for some group of people. :wink:
I'd say it would be better to close the P2P-section, but to give the unregistered users a thread (e.g. kind of like the cheating experience-thread, just that one thread), where they can share ideas. If thats not enough for them, they could still register to gain the full knowledge. :cool:

greetz vDD

CS Curse
19.10.09, 21:35
I joined sbi because of the p2p section. If that wasn't there, I would not have joined and learned all those things. On the other hand, If the mods of a torrent site know their flaws, they can do stuff to fix them, wich is bad news for us. But then again, what prevents the staff of a torrent site from joining? Nothing... So I choose, keep em open.

ironace
14.11.09, 19:43
I think the forum should keep an introductory section open but not have the links who anything viewable but i think that the forum should not go to invite becuase then it will probably very hard to get into the forum with an invite since not a lot of people will want to take about cheating on trackers in a lot of places.

Instab
14.11.09, 22:16
why not just make a second p2p forum for members? that way we would have all benefits of both.
in the public area one could behave just like now and in the member section one could provide more detail ...

cheatos
14.11.09, 22:41
why not just make a second p2p forum for members? that way we would have all benefits of both.
in the public area one could behave just like now and in the member section one could provide more detail ...

IMO splitting forums a lot isn't good at all.

and btw would you have joined SB-I if you didn't find any useful info [More useful info], with No "Info for Guests"/"Info for Members" ?

Instab
15.11.09, 23:10
IMO splitting forums a lot isn't good at all.

not a lot, just one or two.

and btw would you have joined SB-I if you didn't find any useful info [More useful info], with No "Info for Güsts"/"Info for Members" ?

i haven't said "NO info". just not so detailed.
in a closed section one could provide more info about exact methods or situations without gettting exposed right away.

SealLion
16.11.09, 00:42
I think it's also important that if the English Filesharing forums were to be hidden, then so should also the German Filesharing info, regardless of what info is there.
This forum is both English and German.
Pragmatically speaking, you can't have one without the other.
So if English was to be hidden, who's to say that German filesharing forum should stay open.

Go to the main page and have a look at the German Filesharing forums and you'll see.

I also have to agree with cheatos's post about the fact that splitting the forums isn't a good idea, though I also have to agree that there are merits to closing it.

In my own personal view, I'm kinda split between the 2 views.