yoco
02.06.09, 11:21
YouTube - Dragon Age: Origins E3 2009 Trailer [HQ]

alpacino
03.06.09, 22:37
Nice presentation, I didn't know about this one. Let's wait and see. :smile:

Dynamic
04.06.09, 02:51
I do believe I will own this game...I just love the smoke eyes effect! :biggrin:

nextor
04.06.09, 18:14
I didn't know about it either, look pretty promising. Bioware should be able to produce something. Kinda silly name though =)

yoco
05.10.09, 11:21
YouTube - Dragon Age: Origins Denerim Trailer HD Multi

yoco
13.10.09, 19:43
YouTube - Dragon Age: Origins Sacred Ashes Trailer [HD]

alpacino
15.10.09, 02:16
Nice video, and from Bioware, same developer as Mass Effect, so I think we can hope good things for this one.

yoco
15.10.09, 10:23
I hope you're right! Almost all CGI trailers look awsome today. I just hope the gameplay won't disappoint!

LeechMaster
15.10.09, 14:40
Well this game is about to be released. Its Idea about sex & violence is attracting me.

yoco
26.10.09, 13:04
YouTube - Dragon Age Origins Dying Gameplay Video

alpacino
26.10.09, 23:52
Oh noes! It's nothing like I expected :/

Dynamic
28.10.09, 00:09
Seems like a lot of micro managing of the characters...and I did not expect it to be like this either. We will see seems more like Diablo game play?

yoco
04.11.09, 09:49
Review
YouTube - Dragon Age: Origins - GT Review

kelly
04.11.09, 17:28
80% finished ...cant wait any longer to play this game :)

Talking about gameplay, i feel this game has a mixture of RTS+RPG.Dialogue sequences are more or less similar to Mass Effect and Witcher.Graphics somewhat similar ot Witcher i suppose.

RPGs are breaking loose these days.. Risen,Divinity II, Dragon Age...:rolleyes:
How are the other games..any inputs?

Welder66
05.11.09, 01:37
today i'll install them too (Divinity II and dragon age)
going to bed now it's 2:35 and i haven't slept much lately ^^

ironace
17.11.09, 18:47
Well, I like the game but i would rather not have to deal with the tatics and the pausing because I really only want to control the character I made.

insane
17.11.09, 19:24
My friend plays the game...he said its very slow paced compared to other games.

is it true?

Nobody
17.11.09, 21:36
My friend plays the game...he said its very slow paced compared to other games.

is it true?

If your used to playing Halo and CoD: yes. If you grew up on RPG's: no.

yoco
06.01.10, 11:15
Trailer for Expansion
YouTube- Dragon Age Origins Awakening Trailer [HD]

SBfreak
06.01.10, 14:36
I was wondering when a expansion for this failed game will show up.Come on..they had DLC available before the release..what does that say?? Come on noobs pay twice for the full game.

alpacino
07.01.10, 06:35
I see there are so many fans of this game, and yet I find it so sucky :p, Then tried it again, just to confirm it's not my type of game.

GotIt
07.01.10, 07:05
My brother has this :P

Not my type, but looks alright, graphics, and gameplay wise.

pwN
07.01.10, 07:17
i rly enjoy this game... but it bores me since a while... not the best rpg... but quite good...

yoco
07.01.10, 11:48
I was wondering when a expansion for this failed game will show up.Come on..they had DLC available before the release..what does that say?? Come on noobs pay twice for the full game.

You played it? I didn't. I saw some reviews and some even said that this game could be game of the year!?

SBfreak
07.01.10, 13:17
Yes I played it.Arx fatalis was better lol.

kelly
07.01.10, 15:01
I played Dragon Age quite a couple of days back , uninstalled it the next day. I was really disappointed with it .

IMO, the game is complex . Character maneuverability is really pain in the ass. There's no simple jump button :eek3:
Developers have mixed the RPG and RTS style which has pretty much made it hanging in the air in between.This unfortunately is becoming the trends nowadays .

Story,graphics wise thumbs up !

I also played Risen which IMO is much ,much better than DragonAge both in terms of Graphics and gameplay. The reason behind this is that, developers have stuck to the genre.

Vation
21.01.10, 12:04
Dragon Age: Origins its famous Baldurs Gate II successor.
DAO is not is Dungeons and Dragons system, has new mechanics and new graphics engine called Eclipse.
To explore most whole plot it takes 80+ hours of play, to do a quick run around 45, so it is quite time consuming.
It is not like Neverwinter Nights series, there is no multiplayer, just a single player game. Fights are a bit RTS like, the party size is 1(main character) to 4.
The plot is not as dull as NWN were but the game itself might be too long to complete it for many.
Game has some micro expansions called DLC. DLC are mostly protected with authentication, but many of theoretically restricted are downloadable freely from EA/Bioware servers. (This DLC information comes from Bioware forums, so they do not consider using mionor not protected addons to pe a piracy.)

Why to play it?

* Plot is surprising and not so much linear therefore plot uniqueness makes it less replayable.
* Many situations allow to pick side of conflict, and way to handle it like persuasion, intimidation, cunning or old good ultraviolence.
*Character creation is unique an you can choose to your combination of skills.
*Graphics is entertaining, there are also mods for full HD experience, 3D mode has some flaws.

Why not to play it?

*Its not a qiuck to complete game.
*No cRPG will ever be comparable to RPG with GM.
*No RPG will ever be comparable to true life.

Some people may say game is difficult, well this means the person has not installed patches(hey made easy and normal difficulty easier), thet did not read the manual, nor any faq, they are kiddies.

Tips for better Joy:

*Learn to use TAB.
*Configure party scripts wisely.
*Be manipulative
*Never fully trust women(in crpgs hahah :stupid:)