PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo open to Microsoft deal under right terms

anon
01.06.09, 20:05
Yahoo Inc.'s chief executive said Wednesday that she is open to joining forces with Microsoft Corp. so both companies can better compete in Internet search, but a deal would need a specific set of terms - including "boatloads of money."

An alliance in Internet search would have to enrich Yahoo, give Yahoo access to the "right data" and bring strong technology, Carol Bartz said at The Wall Street Journal's D: All Things Digital conference. In the past, Yahoo has insisted it needs data culled from search requests to sell the most effective ads and tailor other services to suit its users' interests.

Asked if she would consider selling all of Yahoo, she said, "Oh, they'd have to have BIG boatloads of money."

Yahoo open to Microsoft deal under right terms (http://sify.com/finance/fullstory.php?a=jf5eu3jgdff&title=Yahoo_open_to_Microsoft_deal_under_right_ter ms)

SealLion
02.06.09, 03:18
I really like that: Boatloads of money. As if MS doesn't have enough of that already.

I really like how the money is the specific set of terms. WEll, I guess that would make sense, yes??

I wonder how much.....more than 2 dollars, yu think??:smile::biggrin::smile:

I'm sure of it.

Look what the link says:

Microsoft offered as much as $47.5 billion for the company last year....

and then this:

Yahoo (lost) two-thirds of its market value after rejecting Microsoft.

from last years 'wanna buy Yahoo' effort.

anon
02.06.09, 16:25
Also, did you know Yahoo 360 will close in two weeks?

Microsoft obviously wants to overcome Google, and Google, in turn, is on its way to become the Internet itself. :eek:

SealLion
03.06.09, 03:02
I never heard of yahoo 360 before, but from what I understand from googling, 360 is just something to add onto yahoo mesenger....like pics, example, yes??

And if Google wants to become the internet, I don't know.....I am wondering that, that wouldn't be such a bad idea......in some respects at least.

I mean, Google pretty much has it all, yes??

What is there that isn't on Google that can';t be found on other search engines, for example??

Something like that just demonstrates that Google is an all powerful god with mystyfing powers that trensend the ultimate mystique of time and the internet:biggrin::smile::biggrin:

And if Google-god transends from the mount Sinai
whose grey top shall tremble,
Google descending, will itself,
in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
ordain them internet laws.

Nothing will stop the Google-god.

Hey!!!What a great idea......Remember those Seal-god stories I used to write here in the fun section of the board??

I haven't written one up in a long time......
hmmm.....Google-god...
Now that's an interesting story idea, yes??

anon
03.06.09, 18:59
I never heard of yahoo 360 before, but from what I understand from googling, 360 is just something to add onto yahoo mesenger....like pics, example, yes??

It's a kind of social networking site.

And if Google wants to become the internet, I don't know.....I am wondering that, that wouldn't be such a bad idea......in some respects at least.

I mean, Google pretty much has it all, yes??

That's the problem. Why do they need so much power? What will they use it for? They have gone to such an extent we use the word "google" as a verb for looking up something on a search engine...

Hey!!!What a great idea......Remember those Seal-god stories I used to write here in the fun section of the board??

I haven't written one up in a long time......
hmmm.....Google-god...
Now that's an interesting story idea, yes??

If you have the time, I'd be delighted to read such a thing. :biggrin: