PDA

View Full Version : Google Wave (upcoming)

anon
29.05.09, 15:47
Google Wave is a new tool for communication and collaboration on the web, coming later this year. Watch the demo video below, sign up for updates and learn more about how to develop with Google Wave.

v_UyVmITiYQ

Link (http://wave.google.com/) :thumbsup:

SBfreak
29.05.09, 21:14
Someday google will take over the world:eek3:

anon
29.05.09, 21:19
I have heard one of Wave's biggest goals is overcoming Facebook. :eek:

shoulder
29.05.09, 21:42
The should concentrate on their main projects and not try to create an app for everything like MS does. :rolleyes:

Dark Knight
30.05.09, 14:14
Well i Also read about it on Lifehacker ..

well @SBfreak this project is not only restricted To Google , Others can also deVelop it.

Here is what i Read

"Wave has been developed as a standard that will be able to run on any server, so it won't belong to Google. Anyone will be able to run their own "wave," and that wave can compete with Google or do whatever it wants to."

another innovative idea...:top:

ThanX AnoN for the link , I signed up for it:klatsch_3:

anon
30.05.09, 18:28
Anyone will be able to run their own "wave," and that wave can compete with Google or do whatever it wants to.

But I doubt you'll have a chance in that case :wink2:

Wasn't aware of that though, thanks for the post.

Dark Knight
30.05.09, 20:32
Though this isnt the Thread To Talk About This..but as it is also Related to Google....

So Have you All heard of Google Voive or Grandcentral.

I read about it earlier...& also Signed up for it...

but i am Still not clear What is it.

Link (http://www.grandcentral.com/)

anon
30.05.09, 20:35
but i am Still not clear What is it.

Supposedly it uses VoIP to "link customers' phone numbers together".

slikrapid
30.05.09, 21:24
thats probably why it can show user responses in real time

i'm afraid its gonna be quite bandwidth hungry, especially when multiple persons go into discussion at the same time

a good choice to go open source, stay tuned for all sorts of gadgets :klatsch_3:

edit:
basically its a flexible email/chat/messenger/office web app

nextor
31.05.09, 00:19
Good idea from google but I doubt they will be able to do that. Atleast I really hope so, don't want google to take over the world, not anymore then they allready have anyways