PDA

View Full Version : " torrent sites that are open for sign-up " thread

nishant
27.05.09, 02:55
May I make a suggestion? This thread is flooded with open reg for poor trackers no one wants to join, and when good websites have open reg not everyone notices b/c they don't bother to check this thread since it's not worth their time regularly. I propose a "high level tracker" open reg thread. Sometimes RevTT, TL, and BCG all had short periods of sign up. I know hdchina also had one a couple of days ago, and I RAGED hard when I missed it. I usually don't check it b/c it's only about level 1 or below trackers, but if there was one limited only to good trackers I'd check it every time and no one would miss out.

supermarrioh
27.05.09, 03:15
May i add an Suggestion:
An Sidebar With links to all Trackers with Open Signups lvl 4+ or so :=)

Dynamic
27.05.09, 05:11
I agree with your suggestions maybe a separate thread for the higher lvl thread but I think that thread would be buried because the higher lvl threads will not be open very often...

Blocker
27.05.09, 06:28
I agree, you have a good point nishant a high level open signups thread it's a terrific idea :top:

DriftKing
27.05.09, 09:17
I agree with Nishant ! Lots of spam at that thread .

nishant
27.05.09, 10:08
I agree with your suggestions maybe a separate thread for the higher lvl thread but I think that thread would be buried because the higher lvl threads will not be open very often...

make it a sticky

anon
27.05.09, 15:51
What about creating an "xxxxxx is open" thread when such a tracker opens instead? It could then be closed when it's no longer accepting signups.

Grambo
28.05.09, 23:03
That is a very good idea.
I also would like that the posters in the thread write a general description of the trackers.
Somthing like "music", "general" and so on.
Many of the is completely unknown to me and I don't want to sign up to lots of trackers just to see what they have.
A lot of times the content is just Disapointing and not at all what I want.

anon
28.05.09, 23:05
I also would like that the posters in the thread write a general description of the trackers.
Somthing like "music", "general" and so on.
Many of the is completely unknown to me and I don't want to sign up to lots of trackers just to see what they have.
A lot of times the content is just Disapointing and not at all what I want.

You're right with that. This also has the advantage of being able to "Search this thread" for the kind of trackers you want. :smile:

Something like "Metal.iPlay (metal music tracker)" should do.

Dark Knight
30.05.09, 14:36
well i Pretty Much liked the Idea....But as Dynamic said Earlier..

lvl 4 & higher trackers are open for a Very limited times....as less as 30 minutes or 2 hours ....
so threads would get outdated very Soon.

But For General & other Trackers(lower than lvl 4) Signups are open for a much Longer Time, So its Good for That.

Also i would like to point out manY of Trackers leak( or provide) their news of open Signups in advance to P2p related blogs like FileshareFreak, torrentfreak,filesharing Talk, etc. & after that Signups are flooded.

but the idea of poster is Much Cool & i appreciate it.

anon
30.05.09, 19:21
lvl 4 & higher trackers are open for a Very limited times....as less as 30 minutes or 2 hours ....
so threads would get outdated very Soon.

Well, that's outside our control :biggrin:

nextor
02.06.09, 13:25
I'd rather have this big thread for all better trackers than one thread every time they are open. Much easier to just scan through the big and you wont have all these 2 hours old threads that are allready outdated...

And ye... writing what's inside the tracker is a big plus...

slikrapid
02.06.09, 17:57
this can be a sticky thread HIGH LEVEL (5+) torrent sites open for signup

it can contain a front section (one that stays in front no matter how long the thread goes) with names of such trackers and a small description (like music/general; level:6) and a link to its review (tracker reviews section)

this would be useful so the users can act quickly as these sites aren't open long

also they wouldn't get 'lost' inside already crowded torrent sites that are open for sign-up thread

users who find out that such a torrent site is open can just post the name or link - no need to waste time with writing about what the site contains

Samanoske
07.06.09, 05:52
I would suggest leaning towards an RSS feed for this purpose. Seeing as everyone here is well-aware that Level 4 and above trackers rarely have open registrations, not to mention them being on a very short period of time. A thread with ordinary posts would not half as effective and efficient if we're really to take advantage of an open registrations notification system as a community. What we need is a script that can do what we can't guarantee, a script that'll constantly check the registration pages of these trackers, a script that'll notify us via RSS feeds/emails INSTANTLY when registrations open.

Time is of the essence here. :smile: Just my 2 cents.

anon
07.06.09, 19:16
What we need is a script that can do what we can't guarantee, a script that'll constantly check the registration pages of these trackers, a script that'll notify us via RSS feeds/emails INSTANTLY when registrations open.

That'd be great, but it'd need coding work and bandwidth. Also, couldn't trackers simply ban the SB-I server's IP? (Although this also applies to other "signup tracker" sites...)

BTRACS and OpenTrackers monitor some medium-high level trackers too...

zaarzoor
10.06.09, 12:56
I think this thing will help peaople who trying to get an accout in high level trackers

anon
10.06.09, 21:39
~ Poll added

I should have done that since the beginning :smile:

supermarrioh
10.06.09, 22:32
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
Something doesnt fit

anon
10.06.09, 22:33
Try now.

supermarrioh
11.06.09, 00:29
Still the same.

Grambo
11.06.09, 00:45
for me too.

SBfreak
11.06.09, 01:53
lol can't vote.Please make a separate thread:top: and add another option
"leave it as it is now"

anon
11.06.09, 02:02
~ Done

lol this forum hates me:biggrin:

I have deleted the other thread and asked an admin to check this.