PDA

View Full Version : Downloading BitTorrent Files Anonymously

anon
24.05.09, 21:43
Your IP address can reveal a lot about you, and if you are concerned about privacy while downloading torrent files and surfing the web or are getting blocked because of internet censorship, using proxy servers and VPN services is an solution to the problem but both require paid services for fast access and bandwidth intensive usage, but not anymore as all new free internet anonymity service BitBlinder promises to protect your identity by hiding your IP address and allowing private web-browsing and torrent downloading at fast speeds.

The multi-platform, open-source application BitBlinder is currently in Beta and makes use of TOR network for creating encrypted anonymous connections between peers, every user is required to contribute by relaying data for others making the network fast and efficient.

Link (http://www.megaleecher.net/Anonymous_Torrent) :thumbsup:

May come useful for some, but remember the Tor network is slow and can't take heavy bandwidth usage such as P2P transfers at the moment.

Renk
25.05.09, 01:05
Thanks. Very interesting soft. But the problem with anonymous networks is that although antiP2P people can't see what you are downloading or what you are sharing, they can see what you upload through relaying the UL/DL from and for other's peers. So could you be seen as guilty of some copyright's infringement:Copyright's infringement of the stuff that you was relaying, and that you even don't know.:frown:

DarkSaint
25.05.09, 04:59
its seems not bad but speed is e main key and cant handle huge bandwidth..

anon
25.05.09, 17:55
Also, Tor will ban P2P usage on their network if it continues.

James73
10.06.09, 22:25
Interesting software indeed, Thanks.
What do you think about the firefox plugin Tor-proxy.NET toolbar? A friend of mine told me to try it, it is compatible only with firefox 1.0 and 2.0 though.

anon
10.06.09, 22:33
That addon can tunnel your HTTP traffic through Tor and JonDo, right? They can be actually relatively fast for browsing, but many trackers and sites in general have blocked the IPs of both services - BitMeTV will go to the extent of instantly banning you for using them.

Saint
10.06.09, 23:20
TOR a bit slow as it is... I remember trying it for normal web surfing last time, really slow. Quit using it after trying for few days.