PDA

View Full Version : Flashing And Upgrading Chinese MP4 Player Firmware

anon
19.05.09, 15:27
If your are not an audiophile and don't care much about audio/video quality, cheap chinese MP3/MP4 players are just for you, these devices are quite popular and just get the job done, since there is no quality control over these devices they do not last long, one of the most common problems faced with these portable players is the issue of firmware software corruption, I encountered a similar problem with my friends PMP which refused to start getting stuck at loading screen, the only solution was to flash the firmware but the problem was unavailability of any information and tools to get the job done, after long research and flashing the firmware I was able to successfully recover the MP4 player to working condition.

Link (http://www.megaleecher.net/MP4_Player_Firmware) :thumbsup:

desodorante
19.05.09, 20:53
I DO NOT recommend ANYONE to ever try flashing one of this things unless is 100% NECESSARY . Even two players from the same brand and model might have a different board OR have the same board but maybe some components are not the same. So, you never know what you can get from flashing one of this.
On the other side, that's quite a find anon!:top:

anon
19.05.09, 20:57
Me neither, to be honest - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Also, a lot of people think flashing their player with another firmware will give it extra features - and most of the time it'll end up unable to turn on.