PDA

View Full Version : Aye! The Pirate Bay Anthem is Here

anon
17.05.09, 20:54
A few years ago The Pirate Bay crew toyed with the idea of founding a pirate state, preferably in the micronation of Sealand or another suitable island. An island was never bought, but The Pirate Bay does have an official anthem now.

1fCHoI0h7Tc

Aye! The Pirate Bay Anthem is Here | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/aye-the-pirate-bay-anthem-is-here-090517/)

Dynamic
17.05.09, 21:25
This has to be a joke...I was ROFLMAO!!!

anon
17.05.09, 21:39
We have the aXXo prayer, after that this shouldn't be so "wow". :tongue:

Dynamic
17.05.09, 21:51
Just found aXXo prayer...is this it?

Our Ripper, who art on mininova,
aXXo be thy name.
Thy torrents come.
Seeding will be done,
Here as it was on supernova.
Give us this day our latest rips.
And forgive us our leeching,
As we forgive those that leech from us.
And lead us not on to private trackers;
But deliver us from the MPAA:
For thine is the ripping, the seeding, and the glory,
For ever and ever.

Amen…

And yes you are right...after this there is no more wow. :eek13:

anon
17.05.09, 21:52
That's the one. :biggrin:

Dark Knight
19.05.09, 18:41
hehe...aXXo prayers.. :tongue:

He is Such a Celebrity on Public Torrents..Even i used to download its Rips ..

I must say " Long Live aXXo ":biggrin:

Kyllyee
20.05.09, 02:50
hehe...aXXo prayers.. :tongue:

He is Such a Celebrity on Public Torrents..Even i used to download its Rips ..

I must say " Long Live aXXo ":biggrin:

He will forever live in my heart. Love his torrents!
The PirateBay Anthem......meh. I find it slightly annoying.

Aurion
20.05.09, 17:02
Considering what happened to TPB,I feel sad about the future of Bit-torrent as we lost one of our solid spines :frown:

anon
20.05.09, 18:34
we lost one of our solid spines

TPB is still up and it will always be. I think you mean Mininova? They started to delete torrents for copyrighted material.

takomania
21.05.09, 14:15
i don't see huge public trackers being closed as any sort of problem - the masses do not download from private trackers and don't (in general) understand the whole concept of seeding to at least a 1:1 ratio, but these are the people who are looking for the real easy way of getting stuff for free. a lot of people switch off when you start talking ratios because they dont want to 'get technical' (lol).

i'm not saying that private trackers are safe at all (just look at the article that sharky @ fsf wrote about his torrentleech experience recently), but the 'higher level' sharers are not the real targets as they're never going to change their ways or be easily scared by the authorities and go back to buying everything in store - the masses who are downloading cluelessly are the ones that retailers want back.

the bt scene is still very new and has a long way to go. the bbs/ftp/irc/usenet scenes have all had pressures in the past and survived - it's just that the bt scene is very easy to dip your toes into and grab things very easily with almost no technical knowledge - hence, the mass piracy which is actually affecting sales.