PDA

View Full Version : Cryostasis Gameplay Video

anon
08.05.09, 18:31
AWQnuHPQt8k

splicer
08.05.09, 18:39
Looks like a good game, but I've heard it doesn't utilise multi-core CPUs, which is a great shame.

anon
08.05.09, 18:42
I've heard it doesn't utilise multi-core CPUs, which is a great shame.

Yes, that's right:
Cryostasis uses only one CPU core - Official 1C Company forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6336)

SBfreak
08.05.09, 19:41
The great is game,I played it but it really freaked me out:P

morgan
08.05.09, 20:38
i played this game and i didn't find any thing special about it just go back through time save the dead one then return i didn't complete it cuze of that and i dont have time to wast in such repetitive thing

but i have to say that is new idea and the graphic is great and the game play is also attracting

alpacino
09.05.09, 01:26
Seems to be a great game indeed.

Looks like a good game, but I've heard it doesn't utilise multi-core CPUs, which is a great shame.Does it mean it purposedly uses only 1, even if you have 2 or 4 cores? Or is it one more game not optmized at all to use multicore processors?
And by the way do you guys know any game that really uses more than 1 core in a optimized manner? Sometimes it seems to me processors are evolving but game engineering aren't, I mean, when they jumped from 1 to 2 cores, then 4 cores and also from 32bit to 64bit (let's not talk about single channel and 2x channel in memory area :P), I was expecting double and quad performances. Well, I'm still waiting since then. :frown:

anon
09.05.09, 01:27
Does it mean it purposedly uses only 1, even if you have 2 or 4 cores?

So it is, but not in purpose. It just doesn't have code to use more than one core...

Aurion
09.05.09, 12:17
gfx are LAME and I does the whole game scene take place on that ship ?