PDA

View Full Version : How many wants deluge to be moded?

mmmmm
05.05.09, 02:29
Its the perfect bittorrent client right now in my view because its udp and ssl perfect more than the weak utorrent also its like utorrent don't take much memory and CPU so i think it will be the future client .

I use it sometime but if it moded I'll always use it .

Please our coder i ask u to mod it,and many thanks for ur efforts.

Now how many want it to be moded?

Dynamic
05.05.09, 07:25
I would love to see it modded but I am not a coder so I would not be able to tell you how hard it would be...

It does seem to provide the benefits of Utorrent and yet it is open source...I believe.

/support!

anonftw
05.05.09, 07:29
I am always up for a new tool. I have never used Deluge personally, but I'll try anything once. I did notice that Ratiomaster now has client file for it as well !

kazuya
05.05.09, 12:02
you can spoof it in Vuze,it's practically like you using deluge:tongue:

mmmmm
05.05.09, 13:58
@kazuya
i used azures once but will never repeated, its f**k my PC so i throw it into the recycle bin,if ur PC works well with azures then u should know that Not all people have PC like urs.

splicer
05.05.09, 15:16
I clicked yes because I believe that if there are people willing to do it, a mod should be done. But... I'm not a fan of Deluge; it is just too simplified. I prefer KTorrent (though running it on GNOME can be slow) as it offers a lot more features.

anon
05.05.09, 16:52
Its the perfect bittorrent client right now in my view because its udp and ssl perfect more than the weak utorrent

I'd like to see a Deluge mod too, but uTorrent 1.8.x and 1.9 support uTP, which is UDP transport.

And what do you mean with "SSL perfect"? uT supports HTTPS trackers, and as far as I know will encrypt the whole data stream if you force encryption and disable legacy incoming connections.

kazuya
05.05.09, 18:52
@mmmmm i have no problems with vuze,don't know how crapy PC you need so Vuze can f**k it:confused2: Maybe pocket PC:biggrin:

mmmmm
05.05.09, 21:32
@splicer
Thanks man for ur vote but i don't need options more than speed

@anon
I means the speed of deluge is perfect than utorrent also if i force encryption then some trackers will have some errors,ok I'll try to disable legacy incoming connections with force encryption but i think it will effect on speed.

@kazuya
If i want to run vuze then nothing will work with it because i use some other programs i need at the same time like satellite programs (DVBS) and others

anon
05.05.09, 21:35
@anon
I means the speed of deluge is perfect than utorrent

I'll give you that one. FSF once tested different BitTorrent clients, and Deluge greatly outperformed uTorrent on a public torrent. :smile:

also if i force encryption then some trackers will have some errors,ok I'll try to disable legacy incoming connections with force encryption but i think it will effect on speed.

There shouldn't be any tracker errors, but your may experience slowdowns indeed by only connecting to encryption-capable peers.

kazuya
05.05.09, 21:38
what satellite programs? i have Skystar 2 installed and use ProgDvb and no problems with Vuze(btw did you know you can watch with it scrambled channels:biggrin:)

mmmmm
05.05.09, 22:53
@anon
When i use forced before it had some problems but now work well thanks man
Thanks for the informations :top:

@kazuya
Dvbdream its the best now more than progdvb and i bought it more than 3 years ago only for that(watching scrambled channels:klatsch_3:)its twinhan 1025 working well but it famous with its high heat for the card :shockkk!:.

dunkendonuts
05.05.09, 23:42
If someone could mod deluge to work like azureus or better yet, mod utorrent to work like azureus to the point where its undetected in all trackers, that would be awesome. But is it possible?

anon
05.05.09, 23:43
With Deluge it's theoretically possible, but it requires advanced coding knowledge and time. uTorrent is closed source, so you'll never see something better than our current hex-mods.

dunkendonuts
05.05.09, 23:48
If we all voted on a deluge mod, and you guys coded it, do you think it would work?

anon
05.05.09, 23:50
Oh yes, it would. :biggrin:

Jokes apart - again, you need coding skills to do that, and at the moment we've focused development on the Extreme Mod.

dunkendonuts
06.05.09, 00:01
I can't wait to see this, deluge may just now become my favorite client, lol... How long do you guys think it could take, after the extreme mod is finished? Cuz this could possibly blow azureus/vuze out of the water. Infact I know it will.

anon
06.05.09, 00:02
How long do you guys think it could take, after the extreme mod is finished?

We couldn't really tell at the moment. Remember that even if we started now, leecher features would need to be coded from scratch, as Azureus and Deluge are coded in different languages.

Cuz this could possibly blow azureus/vuze out of the water. Infact I know it will.

Because of the resource usage, right? :biggrin:

dunkendonuts
06.05.09, 00:08
Pretty much, vuze is a resource hog and if all you had to do was install one simple .exe file and all the leechers and mods would be added in to the program, that would be the shit :D, cuz I've done everything and still can't get the leecher mod in azureus to work, so maybe when and if you gusy get deluge done I'll use that, also more trackers are becoming aware that azureus is modded and people are getting banned, maybe we could keep deluge a secret and only send dl links through rapidshare and mass pm's to keep people from getting caught and the client from being banned?

anon
06.05.09, 00:10
Pretty much, vuze is a resource hog and if all you had to do was install one simple .exe file and all the leechers and mods would be added in to the program, that would be the shit :D

Much like with the Azureus Hack's JAR :tongue:

cuz I've done everything and still can't get the leecher mod in azureus to work

Why is that?

also more trackers are becoming aware that azureus is modded and people are getting banned

That's one of the reasons we have the Extreme mod and its client spoofs.

maybe we could keep deluge a secret and only send dl links through rapidshare and mass pm's to keep people from getting caught and the client from being banned?

What's the difference between sending everyone the mod and posting it in public?

alpacino
06.05.09, 05:59
With Deluge it's theoretically possible, but it requires advanced coding knowledge and time. uTorrent is closed source, so you'll never see something better than our current hex-mods.

Man I wish uTorrent source were available (or stolen :tongue:).

A Deluge mod would be awesome too, I haven't used it that much, but it seems simple, easy to use and light on resources too.

Another advantage would be having alternatives to Vuze as staffing is more and more hateful with its users :biggrin:, but for that we have GF PS right? :top:

maybe we could keep deluge a secret and only send dl links through rapidshare and mass pm's to keep people from getting caught and the client from being banned?That already proved not to work, see what happened to the Vuze beta extreme :frown:

dunkendonuts
06.05.09, 06:07
ouch, your right about that one alpacino... Maybe if we could buy the utorrent source code from the programmer, if the site could raise enough money since utorrent is the most widely used p2p app in the world.

hojotrance
06.05.09, 07:34
ouch, your right about that one alpacino... Maybe if we could buy the utorrent source code from the programmer, if the site could raise enough money since utorrent is the most widely used p2p app in the world.

i don't think that's going to happen :smile: i think it would be easier to mod Deluge if it was coded in Java, like Azureus :smile:

Stickbutt
06.05.09, 09:29
I refuse to use Deluge due to it requiring GTK+. It's a more resource-hogging, buggy piece of shit than Java, and that takes some talent.

kazuya
06.05.09, 10:09
you just guys focus on perfecting Extreme mod,all you need to is enable perfect spoof of utorrent and voila,everything perfect

anon
06.05.09, 20:47
Man I wish uTorrent source were available (or stolen :tongue:).

That's why it isn't, to avoid the creation of leecher clients :biggrin:

Maybe if we could buy the utorrent source code from the programmer

I doubt they'll ever do that, I recall seing a post on the uTorrent forums where they didn't want to go like BitComet's developers, who have sold a now very old source code to BitLord's makers.

Also, a new version of sarutobi's Shareaza SBI-Leecher mod, which should be lighter than Azureus, is out, and it has a BitTornado spoof and fake upload! :top:

dunkendonuts
06.05.09, 21:13
Yeah but how safe is shareaza to use, I don't want to get banned from any tracker, you got a post for that?

anon
06.05.09, 21:16
The fake upload function has been thoroughly tested, so if you're careful, it should work on any tracker that allows BitTornado. The problem is, you can't see the fake upload speed in the UI, and it applies for all torrents, so you may want to use it with a low-level tracker first.

ghostfucker
06.05.09, 21:28
I refuse to use Deluge due to it requiring GTK+. It's a more resource-hogging, buggy piece of shit than Java, and that takes some talent.
that's it, deluge + gtk is just another vuze ;-)

i had planned a modded halite client some time ago, but i think it's just a waste of time, coz vuze has already all features implemented...

Butcho
06.05.09, 21:41
You could also use real upload + bt spoof + upload multi in sarutobis shareaza.
This combination should work on the most normal anti leech tracker if you don't insert a too high upload multiplier.

@ghostfucker
It's always great to have some alternative clients. :wink:

slikrapid
06.05.09, 21:54
you guys just focus on perfecting Extreme mod,all you need to is enable perfect spoof of utorrent and voila,everything perfect

second that, since this mod is the most advanced its development should be a priority

...one mod to rule them all :biggrin:

mmmmm
07.05.09, 11:35
I think hex one like utorrent or like bitcomet will be enough for us if that possible .

Lucius
06.03.12, 14:11
Although Deluge is one of the best clients out there but it's not a lightweight (at least on windows) anymore but a simple mode for it will be totally welcomed just simple one because although it's not a lightweight on windows it's not yet like vuze :D .