PDA

View Full Version : IE8 Can't Stop IE Market Share Decline

100%
02.05.09, 15:24
IE continues losing market share to open source browsers... :top:

Chicago (IL) – Internet Explorer 8 may now be available through Windows Update, but the more aggressive rollout of the browser has yet to impact IE’s continued loss of market share. According to Net Applications, Microsoft’s browser shed another 0.72 points of market share setting another 10 year low. And yes, Firefox is still gaining.

Source (http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/42278/140/)

anon
02.05.09, 19:35
Sorry if I sound repetitive, but perhaps Microsoft's statement of passing the Acid3 test not "mapping to IE8's goal" while other browsers "fight" to see which one correctly complies with Web standards the most has something to do with this.

splicer
02.05.09, 19:43
I hid the IE8 update. I don't even use IE, and the basic fact that it's pre-installed on my system, and difficult to uninstall, show that M$ are trying to increase market share by dirty means. Ofcourse, this was partially stopped I beleive by the EU; hence why some European sales of XP have "N" ammended to them, stating they do not contain software like Windows Media Player.

anon
02.05.09, 19:45
I hid the IE8 update. I don't even use IE

Me neither; I didn't install v7 when it was out because there's no point on updating something I don't use.