PDA

View Full Version : Panda Cloud Antivirus

anon
29.04.09, 19:22
Light

Panda Cloud Antivirus protects you while you browse, play or work and you won't even notice it. It is extremely light as all the work is done in the cloud.

Secure

Panda Cloud Antivirus provides you with the fastest protection against the newest viruses thanks to its cloud-scanning from PandaLabs' servers.

Easy

Panda Cloud Antivirus is truly install and forget. Don't worry about updates, configuration or complicated decisions ever again.

Link (http://www.cloudantivirus.com/) :thumbsup:

morgan
29.04.09, 19:46
looks like it is a freeware and i dont trust that freeware like AVG and Avira and avast i think they are useless

but i will give it a try
and lets see

thanks mr anon

anon
29.04.09, 20:19
No problem. :thumbsup:

I haven't tried it yet, but read a review and it says it's a bit slow and heavy on resources, which we could kind of forgive because it's a beta, and the "Collective Intelligence" database supposedly can catch new malware a few minutes after it's out.

Also, the reviewer had to install AVG Free before being able to use this.

If you don't feel like typing your e-mail address try this link:

http://acs.pandasoftware.com/cloud/CloudAntivirus.exe

SealLion
30.04.09, 01:51
I"ve also heard of the fact that PaNda is heavy on resources.

Also, why did the reviewer have to use AVG prior to install??

Is it not supposed to be adware, virus, etc....free??

anon
30.04.09, 17:23
Also, why did the reviewer have to use AVG prior to install??

Is it not supposed to be adware, virus, etc....free??

I don't really know. Perhaps its real-time protection interfered with Panda.

SealLion
01.05.09, 01:49
Ya, that I can see for sure.

Though I'd wonder if what he meant is that he installed AVG and then Panda...in other words having 2 AV on his machine.

That's not a very good thing (if that's what he did). :smile:

You know that having 2 AV on your computer isn't a good thing. Really messes things up.

It's like having 2 drivers at the stearing wheel.

Doesn't really matter. Just converstation, that's all.

anon
01.05.09, 17:58
Though I'd wonder if what he meant is that he installed AVG and then Panda...in other words having 2 AV on his machine.

Yes, that's what happened. :top:

You know that having 2 AV on your computer isn't a good thing. Really messes things up.

Specially if both have a real-time protection feature. I once used to have both Norton and AntiVir installed (on my K6-2 :eek:) and had to disable the former's AutoProtect.

SealLion
02.05.09, 05:34
ok, so what does one gain out of having 2 AV installed on a system??

It can't be that gainful, can it??

I mean, really what's the use of having 2 AV on one system??

I am sure that they would both have the same database list of malware, signatures', etc...etc.... Well, perhaps one would have a list that is better than the other one and if that's a fact, then what's the use of having the 2nd one, then??

ONe might as well install a good AV and maybe something like an anit-rootkit like Unhackme, or something, yes??

In the end, one also has to consider elements like RAM usuage that BOTH would consume from the computer's system, yes??

Also, why was it necessary to disable one of your former AV's autoprotect??

did one AV interfere with the other's autoprotect??

If so, how??

Stickbutt
02.05.09, 09:57
Something to note: Panda is affiliated with Scientology, so if cults aren't your thing, perhaps this is best avoided.

Also, according to some hands-on testing by those with knowledge, this product isn't that great. It's a case of "Oh, it sucks. That's why it's free."

SealLion
02.05.09, 17:04
Something to note: Panda is affiliated with Scientology, ...

HOw do you know that??

anon
02.05.09, 18:30

I mean, really what's the use of having 2 AV on one system??

I am sure that they would both have the same database list of malware, signatures', etc...etc.... Well, perhaps one would have a list that is better than the other one and if that's a fact, then what's the use of having the 2nd one, then??

They don't - that's why some can detect things others can't, or some online AVs boast on giving a "second opinion" about whether your PC is clean.

You're right about replacing a second AV with an anti-rootkit or anti-malware, though. :top:

Also, why was it necessary to disable one of your former AV's autoprotect??

did one AV interfere with the other's autoprotect??

If so, how??

Both would "fight" to scan all the files that were created, read or written to, resulting on system unstability.

HOw do you know that??

Have a look at this:
Panda Software linked to Church of Scientology (http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/france/france17.html)

It's from 2001 but it would back up Slickbutt's statement.

SealLion
02.05.09, 21:27
T hat is an extrememly interesting article. REally, it is.

Did you read that there's an association of over 2500 companies associated with Scientology??
Unreal!!!

I am sure that you've read the news on several sites and other non-internet news about how Scientology will do anything to suppress, destroy, or limit severely any allegation information against it??
Could you imagine if some individual, corporation, even goverment (like the French gov't, in this example) had information filtered to it that Scientology could use to defame, deflower :biggrin:, de--what-ever for it's own advantage??

That'd be harsh.

I do believe that the German goverment, as smart as those people are, has banned the operations of that cult. I know as I've heard that there are other European goverments that are on the same route and having legal battles over it with Scientology.

EDIT: I don't understand this:

Both would "fight" to scan all the files that were created, read or written to, resulting on system unstability.

would they not just 'fight' when BOTH scanning engines are activated at the same time as opposed to being activated one after the other. That is, one scans, the other is silent. Then scans after the 2nd one has finished scanning.