PDA

View Full Version : ThePirateSociety Opens Registration for a Limited Time

shoulder
29.04.09, 16:56
No one can deny the enormous success that ThePirateSociety (http://www.thepiratesociety.org/) has shown in just 10 short months of operation. From humble beginnings as a fledgling torrent forum back in July 2008 to over 4,250 members today - TPS has seen its share of ups-and-downs. Private tracker gurus: either you already have an account here; or you should - and if you don’t, here’s your chance to register. For a limited time, ThePirateSociety has opened up the door to public signups - expect this to last for less than 48 hours:

• http://www.thepiratesociety.org/register.php
Read More (http://filesharefreak.com/2009/04/28/thepiratesociety-opens-registration-for-a-limited-time/)

If you don't know TPS, it's a so called Invite Forum, Trading isn't allowed there, it's supposed to be one of the best "Non Elite" Invite Forums.

next1
29.04.09, 17:20
haben zwar offen nur ist die seite den ganzen tag schon nicht zu erreichen :-\

shoulder
29.04.09, 17:36
Same happened the last time they opened signups.

But because of that they kept them open for a while after they where back up.

morgan
29.04.09, 18:38
i think the link take me to nothing just loading the page which i think it will never come :baeh:

darkside
29.04.09, 19:52
Wel i got my account ban there and the sysop is very rod

kelly
29.04.09, 20:47
i think the link talk me to nothing just loading the page which i think it will never come :baeh:

Same here, the signup page never opens. Why is it so ?

shoulder
29.04.09, 20:55
Because their server seems to be down.

Stickbutt
30.04.09, 01:23
Wel i got my account ban there and the sysop is very rod

Their whole staff is comprised of arrogant schmucks. It's like BitMeTV's staff, only with bigger e-penises.

labrat
30.04.09, 16:48
works fine atm - still open btw

SBfreak
30.04.09, 17:50
Hmm that forum isn't as good as this one:biggrin:

Aurion
30.04.09, 18:19
One of the fine forums around,except that you have to dig your way through ranks to get higher lvl trackers.

morgan
30.04.09, 18:36
Hmm that forum isn't as good as this one:biggrin:

yes here is the best for me :top:

labrat
30.04.09, 18:58
you have to dig your way through ranks to get higher lvl trackers.

isn't that the way every forum works (including this one) ? ;)

Dynamic
30.04.09, 19:03
If I spend any more time on a board I won't have time to work. :wink2:

dunkendonuts
30.04.09, 21:46
I spend to much time on this board (mainly cuz I don't shut my computer off).

Mihai
02.05.09, 19:53
What's happening with them??I couldn't connect since yesterday??Am i banned or it's just the forum??

anon
02.05.09, 19:55
Moved.

It's been a while their server appears to be having problems.

Mihai
02.05.09, 19:58
Oh.But why moved??Didn't they close signups??

anon
02.05.09, 20:00
To avoid having two threads about TPS when one has been created recently.

And yes; more than 48 hours have passed since they opened, so they're closed by now:

Open signups are now closed, folks.

Mihai
02.05.09, 20:03
Ok.I really need it to work again 'cause i received some invites there.

anon
02.05.09, 20:04
It's not just you! www.thepiratesociety.org looks down from here.

You'll have to wait until they're back :tongue:

nishant
03.05.09, 03:07
Unless you're a captain (whcih is very hard to become), the forum is useless. Almost all of the invite section is flooded with low level invites no one wants (you see threads with 9 replies, all bumps by the OP). The no movement list is huge, and it's hard to get rep b/c no one wants your invites and even if you have good ones (RevTT, etc) you can't give them away.

It's good for getting low to mid level trackers to experiment cheating on. That's all.

Se7Ven
03.05.09, 03:36
sure its so bad there you realy think so its hard to belive all talk about this forum but not so negativ as you:biggrin:

DarkSaint
03.05.09, 06:32
issit open for sign up? cant access tho.

conan
03.05.09, 07:51
A friend of mine told me that they are moving to another host and they will be back tomorrow

DarkSaint
03.05.09, 08:26
oh no wonder, server changing host i guess.

morgan
03.05.09, 08:26
It's good for getting low to mid level trackers to experiment cheating on. That's all.

and this what we need :biggrin:

SealLion
03.05.09, 17:51
You know, it's obvious that some places aren't cut out to be all that everyone says that they are, yes??:smile:

From a few of the posts that I've read, it's like everyone has these big expectations of some place and whooops!!!.... the place isn't so great after all.

Tonnes of other places out there that are equally or better than such places.:smile:

morgan
03.05.09, 18:33
You know, it's obvious that some places aren't cut out to be all that everyone says that they are, yes??:smile:

From a few of the posts that I've read, it's like everyone has these big expectations of some place and whooops!!!.... the place isn't so great after all.

Tonnes of other places out there that are equally or better than such places.:smile:

looks like you have bad memories with this forum :tongue:

Mihai
03.05.09, 18:42
Unless you're a captain (whcih is very hard to become), the forum is useless. Almost all of the invite section is flooded with low level invites no one wants (you see threads with 9 replies, all bumps by the OP). The no movement list is huge, and it's hard to get rep b/c no one wants your invites and even if you have good ones (RevTT, etc) you can't give them away.

Well let's share our accounts name and give rep one to onother.What do you guys say??:rolleyes: It's just like cheating.:tongue:

anon
03.05.09, 18:44
Seems rep cheating is well-known :tongue:

This one consists of a single member or even a coalition between you & others where you're faking 'rep' to look better than you are. In the solo example, it may be that you created multiple accounts and are repping each of them for non-existent giveaways. Or, you and a friend came up with the very un-unique idea to rep each other for the same thing. You ain't the first idiot to come up with this little brainstorm, buddy; and it's fairly easy to catch.

Mihai
03.05.09, 18:50
Seems rep cheating is well-known :tongue:

Yeah between 2 friends it's hard and they can catch you but between 20-30 friends i think it's imposible.:tongue:

anon
03.05.09, 18:52
Now, arranging rep cheating with 20-30 friends... wouldn't it be easier to simply play fair? :tongue:

Mihai
03.05.09, 18:55
Now, arranging rep cheating with 20-30 friends... wouldn't it be easier to simply play fair? :tongue:

Yeah maybe.But that way you have to work some months and have some invites to give on some good trakers if you want to have a chance.Or they should know as much as you and other pleople here.Doesn't matter.I can wait.It was just an ideea.

anon
03.05.09, 18:57
It was just an ideea.

Sure, there's no problem with you posting it :smile:

shawshankraj
04.05.09, 14:52
TPS is not good as T-I

T-I is like good for me

Se7Ven
04.05.09, 14:56
when you compare it what is better on T-I as on TPS i dont see a big difference
yes??

shawshankraj
04.05.09, 15:41
There is a big diff.

just come on T-I

tps have banned huge no of tracker from giveaway.

Mihai
04.05.09, 18:00
There is a big diff.

just come on T-I

tps have banned huge no of tracker from giveaway.

T-I as in??Can you give me a link?

anon
04.05.09, 18:11
I think he means

http://www.torrent-invites.com/

shawshankraj
04.05.09, 18:42
Torrent Invites! Get your free private torrent tracker invites ! - Powered by vBulletin (http://www.torrent-invites.com/)

It's right place to find tracker without trading

Dynamic
06.05.09, 20:46
Well, TPS has been down for me for a few days now...I just got in also! :mad2:

shawshankraj
09.05.09, 19:01
I have got
SCC
SCT
BITMETV
BITME
GFT
WHAT.CD
WAFFLES
PTN
FRom there

If no one believe me i show u proof.

IN t-i when we get invite from others member we have to give him "IGIVER"

Though SB-I is my FAV. forum b'coz it's teach me how to survive on Big tracker

nishant
09.05.09, 19:14
We should start a rep cheat ring at TPS... if we can get 10+ people, it should be undetectable (we have to be careful, and do it over a long period of time, possibly even offer some real invites which are OK to good), but it can be done.

I've heard great things about the captain's forum...

rep's almost impossible to gain now. The invite forum is dead, just a bunch of shitty giveaways that no one wants. 90%+ of the post is the OP bumping his own thread.

Mihai
09.05.09, 21:28
Can you guys help me with some rep to get in??If you can Pm me and i will send you the name.

morgan
09.05.09, 22:15
so is the link change pr what cause it is offline for me i can't get in it always give me nothing
is it down or up ?

anon
09.05.09, 22:18
I now get an OpenDNS error page when loading the site. No idea about a possible domain change, though...

Se7Ven
10.05.09, 02:25
the link is dead there is nothing anymore to do

nishant
10.05.09, 06:01
I have got
SCC
SCT
BITMETV
BITME
GFT
WHAT.CD
WAFFLES
PTN
FRom there

If no one believe me i show u proof.

IN t-i when we get invite from others member we have to give him "IGIVER"

Though SB-I is my FAV. forum b'coz it's teach me how to survive on Big tracker

How long did it take? I mean, you could achieve that at a lot of forums, you just need to make a million posts and stay there for a really long time. I don't want to waste 6 months for a GFT invite.

shawshankraj
10.05.09, 07:28
How long did it take? I mean, you could achieve that at a lot of forums, you just need to make a million posts and stay there for a really long time. I don't want to waste 6 months for a GFT invite.

It only take 1 months for me .

And i telling u right now in T-I there is a 4 sct and 4 scc giveaway going

freeze238
10.05.09, 07:31

most important queston,anyone could get gft or those trackers by being constantly active and making lot of posts,anyone could do that but lot of time would take to get,not less than a month,thats very hard

shawshankraj
10.05.09, 07:51
most important queston,anyone could get gft or those trackers by being constantly active and making lot of posts,anyone could do that but lot of time would take to get,not less than a month,thats very hard

Wee have to do some hard to get tracker like scc sct and gft

morgan
10.05.09, 10:15
and i signed in on torrent invites and there is alot of work must be done and interview and many things required but well lets give it a try

takomania
12.05.09, 15:03
Well, TPS has been down for me for a few days now...I just got in also! :mad2:

i noticed that too - but i just saw this over at filesharefreak...

Back on April 28th, ThePirateSociety teamed up with FSF to offer open registration - in which more than 1,200 new members joined the site. As bad luck would have it, at the same time TPS ran into an issue with their hosting provider ServerBeach who deemed the popular torrent forum to be against their ToS. Heaven forbid a site be allowed to discuss piracy & torrents (but not actually link to them). After nearly a week of downtime; indeed TPS now had some major scrambling to do in order to find another host for the site - and in the meanwhile all new members who registered during the promotion have been wiped out. (We’ve got the whole story.)

In any event, TPS is now again open for registration to those who previously signed up, as well as anyone else looking to get in on the torrent discussion action:

• The Pirate Society - Forum Rules (http://www.thepiratesociety.org/register.php)

:smile:

morgan
12.05.09, 21:17
so we have to start again this is not good :mad2:

shoulder
12.05.09, 21:28
At least it's better than a board which is down nearly all the time. :wink2:

Dynamic
12.05.09, 21:33
Oh well I don't want to register again as it was nothing too important to have anyways.

I was in there for like a day and there was nothing special.

Blocker
14.05.09, 05:47
Now registered ,but I was expecting more high level invites ,the site is not so good!!

This board is better :top:

nishant
15.05.09, 05:04
At least it's better than a board which is down nearly all the time. :wink2:
and of what forum do you speak of?

anon
15.05.09, 14:31
He meant TPS. Having to register there again is better than not being able to visit it at all.

nishant
20.05.09, 01:15
I saw a user get banned from torrent-invites b/c someone caught him trading invites on this forum. He was stupid enough to use the same username. Be careful guys.

shawshankraj
20.05.09, 02:48
I saw a user get banned from torrent-invites b/c someone caught him trading invites on this forum. He was stupid enough to use the same username. Be careful guys.
Yes it is right
They have their special spy team to catch the trader and cheater

Blocker
20.05.09, 03:53
Yes it is right
They have their special spy team to catch the trader and cheater

OK I'll be careful,I got an account few day ago.I used to be active in neonscene but I'll be in TPS right now!!

anon
20.05.09, 18:50
I saw a user get banned from torrent-invites b/c someone caught him trading invites on this forum. He was stupid enough to use the same username.

It's no wonder they caught him... using different usernames should be a basic yet vital security tip. :eek13: