PDA

View Full Version : iPlay and large IP change

nishant
23.04.09, 21:33
So, I'm arranging a way to get an iPlay account, not invite. I was wondering what was iPLay's policy on IP change, and whether there would be a ban if there was a IP change across long distance. Can any current members help me out, or ask one of the admins in their forum or IRC?

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
23.04.09, 21:44
No problem about the ip change.
I have gived account in all ower the world by trade,until now nobody has complained about that or have been banned because the ip change.

an another example , i have used 3 accounts with the same ip..no ban.

KalPenn
23.04.09, 21:53
But what about the email problem?? any ideas how to change the email??

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
23.04.09, 22:25
But what about the email problem?? any ideas how to change the email??

the mails can't be changed,when you chose another email it will show something like " the email has been send ...." but you will not receive anything in the email , that it's a intended error from iplay...but since the recovery will not be send also by email..it's enough to change the security question and answer (and know the email address that user has) and you will be safe.

Also you can contact a moderator for this but it's risky (you have to have a good reason to change the email) or you will be suspected by tradeing.

nishant
24.04.09, 00:32
So I also have have the person's email right? Or else he could get a recovery and take the account back.

A guy is "giving" me iplay, but not the email on his account.

alpacino
24.04.09, 00:41
So I also have have the person's email right? Or else he could get a recovery and take the account back.

...but since the recovery will not be send also by email..it's enough to change the security question and answer (and know the email address that user has) and you will be safe.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
24.04.09, 08:05

Yes:top:beside the info from the alpacino quote :biggrin: it's good to have the email also,because in the need of recovery first time you have to write the email and after that answer to your security question,if anything it's ok after you have answered it will show you a meniu where you put the new password and that's all.

That's how iplay recovery system work.:top:

freeze238
25.04.09, 07:10
changing security question is enough right?and changing password,they will not send a confirmation email?

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
25.04.09, 10:28
changing security question is enough right?and changing password,

Security question and the answer for the security question plus password

they will not send a confirmation email?

Never the confirmation email it will not reach the email address.

Aurion
25.04.09, 17:53
According to their FAQ :

Multiple IPs (Can I login from different computers?)

Yes, the tracker is now capable of following sessions from different IPs for the same user. A torrent is associated with the user when it starts, and only at that moment is the IP relevant. So if you want to seed/leech from computer A and computer B with the same account you should access the site from computer A, start the torrent there, and then repeat both steps from computer B (not limited to two computers or to a single torrent on each, this is just the simplest example). You do not need to login again when closing the torrent.

And an iPlay account can safely handle up to 5 different IPs so no worries in changing your IPs.

About email,I think DarkSaibot's words make sense here regarding changing only the security question/answer as an alternative to the email.