PDA

View Full Version : Condolezza Rice approved CIA waterboarding

SealLion
23.04.09, 19:19
This is aweful.

It's torture or at least a form of torture.

Check it out:

The CIA's use of waterboarding to interrogate terrorism suspects was approved by Condoleezza Rice as early as 2002, a senate report reveals......Former Vice-President Dick Cheney has said the techniques produced results

That doesn't matter. It's still torture. REgardless of any 'results'.

The officials "reaffirmed that the CIA programme was lawful and reflected administration policy", the Senate report says.

I am sure that it was 'legal' only to suit thier own ends. Not legla with respect to respecting human rights in general.

Earlier this week, President Obama left open the possibility of prosecuting officials behind the CIA's harsh interrogation techniques,......

He had been criticised by human rights groups and UN officials after saying, when the memos were released, that CIA personnel working from Bush administration legal opinions would not face prosecution.

I guess there's only one way to find out. Wait and see, yes??

Here's the link:

BBC NEWS | Americas | Rice approved CIA waterboarding (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8013759.stm)

Its a short read, too.

Snitlev
23.04.09, 20:51
It's Amerika, but what you think do the Taliban with the Army...

this is cruel and they to torture till death...

but this isn't online at news

best regards

kazuya
23.04.09, 21:05
In Army i heard about nice Chinese torture method,they give you hot pastry to eat and after that cold water so it all hardens in your stomach and then you shit your self from inside of your stomach and die in pain:biggrin: damn i am crazy

Snitlev
23.04.09, 22:36
death by torture and other cruel are inhuman, regardless of the Nation !

best regards

supermarrioh
23.04.09, 23:09
Another quite usual method is works by insert long horsetail-hair into your most sensitive hole and pulling it out slowly then giving you much sour stuff to drink... some people committed suicide 'cause of the pain.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
23.04.09, 23:28
hmm..an ideea to torture the "invaders"..whe still all the petrol from iraq,afganistan,liban.etc..and whe make a free giveaway to russians :eek13:

:smokin:

SealLion
24.04.09, 00:41
It's Amerika, ...

I don't entirely agree with you, my friend. It's not necessarily the country. It's the people.
The people in authority that do such actions and behaviors, I don't agree that, that is representative of the country at large. It's a small group of people that have behaved in a 'bad' way that are guilty of mistreatment towards others.

Yes. This can happen anywhere, anytime regardless of country.

Mid - east countries are equally as guilty: Jordan, Isreal, Egypt, and so on and so on.

I am certain that if you asked ordinary people in those countries if they approved, they would say 'no'.

It's always the goverment in power that is responsible for these things. And I think that's what you meant, yes??

Se7Ven
24.04.09, 01:17
It's a small group of people that have behaved in a 'bad' way that are guilty of mistreatment towards others.

sure SeaLion brother but the question is the people have the power in the hand when they vote and thats the point...why they vote this politics all over the world??

alpacino
24.04.09, 01:29
United States of Lies LOL. I remeber seeing a NatGeo channel TV call saying "Unitade States do not torture... " it was a call to a show about Guantanamo, it also showed a prisoner saying he was told he was now "property of USA".

But one must know that this doesn't happen only in USA, many countries around the world do horrible things to other human beings. It's just too awful. So the problem is always their governants, not the nation as a whole.

SealLion
24.04.09, 06:08
I can't defend that country's people nor who they voted in for as the leader of their country.

But I can defend the idea that during a voting session, who's to know how a future goverment will behave, yes??:smile:

I can't speak for all Americans in general, and I know that there's a few here on the board, but I do believe that when a person votes for some person, how would they know how that potential leader will behave??
They don't.

I think one has to recognize the fact the media have an incredibly strong influence upon people. And that may be a good thing too, yet at time, it may also be a bad thing.

Here's what I mean: This "United States of Lies", thing.

Well, I have no doubt that, that title was conjured up by some person who has a distinct disliking about the US, yes??:smile:

He, or she, decided to lay blame on what he saw as a fault of what-ever he was talking about (in this case, torture).

So he finds fault over this with all Yanks. Rather than with that country's goverment AND the people that are in office. Not the citizen. There's a difference btwn the 2.

So,Lo and behold, he probably had made a good, strong impression ( his impression, that is) of a goverment's actions and its people in power.

Yet he failed to distinguish the difference between what the ordinary citizen thinks of his own country's goverment and those people in office, yes??:smile:

Understand what I mean??:smile:

I've seen some americans on News journal TV shows in which a number of them are ( or at least, were when Mr. Bush was in office), ashamed and disgusted about how their goverment acts globally.

So. Just remember those 2 things. I really think that it's important to recognize and understand that.

It's not such a simple thing and say that it's the people who voted in a goverment and lay the blame on them. I really feel its a bit more complex than that.

And definitly, there are many country's around the globe that have goverments that act irresponsibly.

Se7Ven
24.04.09, 22:44
It's not such a simple thing and say that it's the people who voted in a goverment and lay the blame on them. I really feel its a bit more complex than that.

sure my friend i agree with you 100% but what solution have the people in the world to make a change???

SealLion
25.04.09, 06:38
Your available options are the following:

Vote for me. :biggrin::smile:

Cast your vote here:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6341/symboldownarrowred40849.gif

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5967/checkmark3255148.jpg

I promise to be good

I promise the following:

Ratio free trackers all over the world;
Cheating allowed anywhere, anytime, anyplace without penalty;
PU forums available upon request. No more Upload requirements needed;
Ban-free life;
Free good looking women available upon request---YOU CHOOSE:smile::biggrin:;
Cheeseburgers (or vegyburgers) available upon request, too. :biggrin: No charge!!!!:biggrin::smile:;
Ability to get back at all the nasty tracker admins without penalty:biggrin::smile:;
and some sexy 'n lacy lingerie for your loved one's too---------no charge!!!:biggrin::smile:

slikrapid
25.04.09, 07:56
according to some reports torture methods in the USA are extensively sanctified by Obama himself, so no change there, let alone brutality performed by their covert ops that usually stay as rumors, the only difference is that these days the media are more active than before so some of these practices come to public notice, like those in Iraq

ofc these methods are humanity's shame and should be left to where they belong - history as a reminder and a warning.

even though we say its awful, the truth is such behavior is in our nature and in extreme cases ordinary people resort to such violence (war, lynch mobs, propaganda, revenge,...)

now, would you change your views if someone could prove to you that by torturing a few people many more were saved, is one human life (or its dignity) more important than the lives of many, there are probably many more such problems with no easy solutions

how would they know how that potential leader will behave??
They don't.

are you kiddin' :rolling_eyes: ofc they do know, its that simple: if the candidate doesn't explicitly say that he/she will put a stop to such methods it means the so far established methods will continue to be used! Even the promise is not a sure thing as we all know politics is a dirty business.

oh yeah, an obvious thing: in the USA there are just 2 big parties - if they all condone torture, who's to blame then? And if people stop to vote the extremists surely won't, looks like a vicious circle doesn't it?

This can probably be solved with combined media and interested individuals/organizations CRITICAL MASS action & pressure :klatsch_3: or by a revolution but that one gets quite messy

one more thing: is it wise to play goody 2 shoes if the other side kicks your ass :shockkk!:

SealLion
25.04.09, 08:56
HOly Frak!!!

I've never had such a popular thread in my life before.

I dunno if it was a good or bad thing. :confused:

I confess: the devil made me do it :biggrin::smile: