PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Already Starting on Windows 8

anon
21.04.09, 19:29
How will Windows 7 perform? Will it be faster and more stable than Vista? Will it address all of Vista's shortcomings? Of course, we all know that Windows 7 is an evolution on Vista. Despite lingering doubts, those who have tried the public beta of Windows 7 already claim that it's one of Microsoft's best operating systems yet.

That's a great thing to hear because Microsoft is actually already starting to work on Windows 8.

According to a job posting on Microsoft's site, the company is starting to put its engineering team together for designing the successor to Windows 7. The job posting details of a storage related position with focus in the enterprise:

"For the upcoming version of Windows, new critical features are being worked on including cluster support and support for one way replication. The core engine is also being reworked to provide dramatic performance improvements. We will also soon be starting major improvements for Windows 8 where we will be including innovative features which will revolutionize file access in branch offices."

Microsoft Already Starting on Windows 8 - Tom's Hardware (http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-windows-xp-vista,7569.html)

SealLion
22.04.09, 01:40
So will this be a regular OS for home use or will it be an OS intended for Server usuage??

EDIT: I went to the link. It didn't say much about what type of OS it'll serve. I did manage to go to the 'apply here link', though.

I imagine this position will pay somewhat handsomely, yes??

I wonder if this statement here is any clue as to what purpose the OS will serve: OS made for Server usage or for home usuage:

DFSR is Microsoft’s premier file replication engine and is an integral part of our branch office strategy and File Server role. It can scale to thousands of servers and replicate hundreds of terabytes of data......