kazuya
20.04.09, 22:36
i think that's not possible yet

SBfreak
20.04.09, 22:50
Nope it's not possible yet..only PS2 games:mad2:

alpacino
20.04.09, 23:07
The latest advance I've seen on PS3 games, is that they were running ps2 backups so far, ps3 backups is a no go yet.

splicer
21.04.09, 00:08
Nah nah nah. The problem isn't backing games up... that has been achieved many times. The problem is getting the PS3 to play them. With Wii and X360, there are software and hardware mods to allow you to play "backed-up" games. No such mod or hack exists for the PS3, so you can't play backed-up games. This is due to PS3's, sometimes forced, updates.

yoco
21.04.09, 09:50
They better mod PS3 fast, I wanna buy it :biggrin:

bbb18
09.05.09, 13:38
They better mod PS3 fast, I wanna buy it :biggrin:

That makes us two :klatsch_3:

darkside
09.05.09, 19:00
I think that it is not possible.

takomania
12.05.09, 15:22
This is due to PS3's, sometimes forced, updates.

it's actually down to the amount of accessible memory space - and the fact that that memory is read only...

if it was down to the updates, you'd see a similar cycle of custom firmware releases, just like with the psp...

hojotrance
12.05.09, 21:26
I think that it is not possible.

it is possible, but it just a matter of time :smile: it may take a day or 10 years :wink:

Dynamic
12.05.09, 21:37
I believe it is possible because everything made by man can be cracked by man. :tongue:

It just takes time. Given that I really would like to own one when they come out with more games.

I am so fearful of my 360 RROD...:mad2:

alpacino
12.05.09, 22:32
I believe it is possible because everything made by man can be cracked by man. :tongue:

It just takes time. Given that I really would like to own one when they come out with more games.

I am so fearful of my 360 RROD...:mad2:

Yes, I believe it's crackable too, it's just that there might not be that much hackers "working" on it right now, maybe because xbox is already cracked and it's a hell of a good console. But I guess it will be cracked eventually, as happened late with gamecube. I would like to own a ps3 too, because of their exclusives.

The RROD haunts every xbox user, unfortunatelly these boxes have a high rate of failure. First we had the RRoD, now there are poping "E74" error everywhere on middle aged units.

Saikoda
26.06.09, 16:51
Not possible i'm waiting just that

Hellboy
26.06.09, 20:55
Hi @ all!

Does anyone have a clue how to backup PS3 Games and how to run it? :confused:

i have seen on BCG that they have 2 or more ps3 backups but as wrirtten in description they are not playable yet:stupid:

alpacino
27.06.09, 01:40
i have seen on BCG that they have 2 or more ps3 backups but as wrirtten in description they are not playable yet:stupid:

There's been some reports of older games backups running and PS2 backups too. But those were not simply burning backup and loading, it required some modification and stuff. Unfortunatelly I think Sony addresses these security holes with constant firmware updates.

Marceau
13.07.09, 22:09
It's not yet possible at this time to make a perfect backup/runable CD from a PS3 Game.
Be patient... :smile:

starforce
14.07.09, 00:29
if the no 1 cd dvd starforce Protection is cracked so it is only a meter off
time thet ps 3 game cen be backed-up on a cd +mod well do the job
read it
CD Media World - Commercial CD/DVD Protections: StarForce (http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_protections_star_force.shtml)
regards
starforce

whyme
14.07.09, 07:43
well i know there is a team from australia , they are working on it to play backup in PS3 ...right now its not possible

alpacino
14.07.09, 12:06
if the no 1 cd dvd starforce Protection is cracked so it is only a meter off
time thet ps 3 game cen be backed-up on a cd +mod well do the job
read it
CD Media World - Commercial CD/DVD Protections: StarForce (http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_protections_star_force.shtml)
regards
starforce

The Starforce protection is way different from the PS3 protection. The earlier is more of a software complex protection, and the latter is more of a hardware protection, hence why many consoles uses modification chips to circumvent protections.

yoco
14.07.09, 17:11
I hope they make something similair like Swap Magic DVD, they did for PS2! :biggrin:

saebrtooth
10.11.09, 14:33
try alchole 120% but as splicer said u need to mod the console for it to work with copies

gezenti
11.11.09, 23:59
I hope, use a backup game on ps3 a future day.

boruc
14.11.09, 12:41
Have a ps3 myself and from what i have gathered this is not possible at the moment , I have only seen a hdd loader for playing ps2 games but personally dont think it is worth the hassle .

Pokemon!
15.06.10, 02:31
I don't think the ps3 has been totally hacked yet. At least not to the point of easy modification.

saebrtooth
15.06.10, 03:08
getting closer and closer to mass production :lol:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=18063