Category: 0-Day
Number of Users: ~ 3000
Number of torrents: ~ 13000

Categories

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3511

Browse Page

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3513

SI

Your File Ratio and a value calculated through your average Seedtime are added up and form the so called Share Index.
It is the ratio which is in force on FSC.

mindofthewonderful
30.05.09, 19:27
One of the trackers I'd like to join. From what I've heard this is one of the best communities out there :)

Blocker
31.05.09, 18:13
Seems like a great tracker and community

Nice review!

So, the invites are disabled?!

douche99
23.06.09, 22:34
Open Signups?: No, Invite System Disabled
Too bad ...

classyboy
24.06.09, 18:21
This site is more for community than for the torrents as such. Just hang around on IRC, and you will make good friends. Like SB-I, the mods and admins are great there and friendly. As far as torrents are concerned, it is just about OK.

x64
05.09.09, 02:24
I agree with classyboy , FSC is a place for a good community more than a tracker , I think they got the best tracker community .

DriftKing
05.09.09, 08:11
Where is the tracker url ?? any IRC link please....

Manas
05.09.09, 08:35
Shoulder chose to respect the tracker's privacy. You won't need the URL without an account.

anon
05.09.09, 18:16
It should be easy to find it via Google, but yes, it's basically useless if you're not a member. Not to mention posting the URL in public could lead to drawing attention from anti-P2P groups and such.

firefly888
30.03.10, 07:06
is the invitation really closed ? or it just closed for normal user, but VIP or staff can invite ?

Instab
30.03.10, 07:51
well, staff can always invite ;)

anon
30.03.10, 20:59
or it just closed for normal user, but VIP or staff can invite ?

Last thing I heard was something like that... of course, with me not being familiar with the ins and outs of "high level" trackers, you're better off at waiting for a reply from someone who's actually there. :happy:

shoulder
31.03.10, 14:16
Invite system the traditional way is closed.

Instab
31.03.10, 20:01
Invite system the traditional way is closed.

has it ever been different? (except in the very beginning)

Extraterrestrial
26.08.10, 01:10
Can we get a recent review of this site especially their forums to see how nice "the community" is? and how to get in (It's next to impossible unless there is a way to get invited ) ?

Instab
26.08.10, 02:37
Can we get a recent review of this site especially their forums to see how nice "the community" is?

and how would you see that? posting screenshots of single posts?

and how to get in (It's next to impossible unless there is a way to get invited ) ?

from time to time invite applications are open. the inviter has to give all kinds of information about the person he wants to invite. then the application will be approved or rejected by the staff

Extraterrestrial
26.08.10, 20:42
and how would you see that? posting screenshots of single posts?
nop, I want to see kind of topics discussed in their forums since you're a member can you rate "the community" of FSC comparing it to other trackers, I think it's overrated and just because it's hard to get into, people would say things that it's not true same as FTN.
BTW, it doesn't have to be screenshots, written review is also good though nothing beats screenshots.

from time to time invite applications are open. the inviter has to give all kinds of information about the person he wants to invite. then the application will be approved or rejected by the staff

okay, so there is a way to get into.

Instab
26.08.10, 20:44
since you're a member

never said that :P
the information i posted is not a secret and has been posted many times before

Blocker
26.08.10, 21:05
... I think it's overrated and just because it's hard to get into, people would say things that it's not true same as FTN.

IMHO I prefer well seeded torrents than community, If I were looking for community I would look in forums like SB-I :tongue:

I'm curious about FTN and FSC but they are not my priority in the bittorrent world maybe it would be nice to have an account in trackers like TT or Pedro's but because of their rips

Instab
26.08.10, 21:33
IMHO I prefer well seeded torrents than community, If I were looking for community I would look in forums like SB-I :tongü:

same here. there's one advantage tho, security. reading your post the best place for you would be something like TL but would you feel safe there? or "at home"?

I'm curious about FTN and FSC but they are not my priority in the bittorrent world maybe it would be nice to have an account in trackers like TT or Pedro's but because of their rips

not so many custom rips on TT but Pedro's got them for sure. depends on your music taste of course.

anon
26.08.10, 21:37
reading your post the best place for you would be something like TL but would you feel safe there?

Although Blocker and I reside in countries where that isn't an issue, TL is certainly not what I'd recommend if security is a concern. Nothing against the place, of course, they're a great tracker with good speeds, content, packs and the like - but when your userbase has to be counted in terms of hundreds of thousands, you're bound to have some bad apples inside.

Instab
26.08.10, 21:43
one more aspect:

when a site is rare the members do valü their accounts and put more effort in whatever they do compared to other sites. that dös indeed create some sort of tighter and more family like atmosphere in some cases.

Extraterrestrial
26.08.10, 22:01
What's the big deal of security?
Couple of weeks ago, i saw this announcement at sharetheremote:

Warnings from ISPs. - posted 3 weeks ago
There has been a few conversations had regarding ISPs sending warnings regarding downloading particular shows. I have been speaking to various people and some employees of a big UK ISP ( whose name shall remain anonymous ). Those that are receiving these warnings and general 'don't BitTorrent' warnings are because you are doing one or more of these:

* Not encrypting your BitTorrent client traffic. Any 'good' client will have a setting, make sure it's enabled. If it's not encrypted, it's open for your ISP to have a good look!

* Not browsing via SSL. While it is unlikely browsing via standard HTTP will get you a warning, why take the risk? Again, if it's not encrypted, it's open for your ISP to have a good look!

* Using a consistent port, particularly an obvious one. You should have your client set up to use a random port and enable uPnP (in your client, firewall and router). If you're continually downloading and uploading large amounts of data from a certain port on a daily basis, it's pretty obvious what's going on!

On a final ISP note, some ISPs are simply sending out generic letters to all their customers in an attempt to discourage you. Many people have received them who don't even know what BitTorrent is. If you truly are that concerned about it all, perhaps you should consider a seed box, or one of these torrent proxy services that offer you supposedly '100% anonymity'.
And on a final final note, yes there are other reasons, and yes there 100s of other ways to avoid 'detection' but I'm tired after a long flight and I have work to do

P.S. I don't haz warningz, but I do haz laptop!

anon
26.08.10, 22:13
* Not encrypting your BitTorrent client traffic. Any 'good' client will have a setting, make sure it's enabled. If it's not encrypted, it's open for your ISP to have a good look!

And if it is, your ISP only has to break a low-strength encryption key to find out. Not to mention often it's just the traffic headers that are cyphered and not the payload.

Surprised that announcement didn't mention IP filtering.

Instab
26.08.10, 22:17
Surprised that announcement didn't mention IP filtering.

me, too. and the random ports method dösn't make much sense imho. you can easily detect torrent traffic, no matter which port.

ciccio
07.05.11, 12:21
FTN is a normal general tracker like all others. Like GFT and others.

Nothing of special. However maybe the worst tracker ever is FSC. Lowest speed, often down, really few torrent and not so good community, pratically nothing, just rare, nothing more.

Musique01
07.05.11, 21:39
@Ciccio, FSC has just upgraded its server. Blazing fast speed on tracker atm. ;)

shoulder
26.05.11, 12:33
Lowest speed, often down
Well, the problem must be on your side then, as it's fast and nearly always up for me.

powerguy55
15.06.11, 01:38
iTs not A good Tracker and don't have alot torrents its just rare !!

SealLion
15.06.11, 20:33
iTs not A good Tracker and don't have alot torrents its just rare !!

Just remember my friend, it's all a matter of perception. What one person thinks is good, another feels is mediocre, and another might feel is not good. Some people along with many others look for community, others look for torrents that are greatly seeded. Others for other things.

classyboy
18.06.11, 10:03
FSC has a good communtiy. Pity my account got disabled due to inactivity, as during my residency training, I barely used to come home once a month, when I used to log on to keep acc alive. I guess I missed once.

shoulder
18.06.11, 13:36
You can always try their IRC. :wink2:

Blocker
19.06.11, 17:09
FSC has a good communtiy. Pity my account got disabled due to inactivity, as during my residency training, I barely used to come home once a month, when I used to log on to keep acc alive. I guess I missed once.

What do you mean with a good community??

Can you explain a little more about your point?

classyboy
19.06.11, 20:58
I meant, there was always lot of activity on forums, like here. I also used to hang out on their IRC channel, and it was always bustling with activity. There was active discussion about anything under the sun. For amlost a year, I didn't go to IRC, was just logging in to check my acc. The reason I did not go back is, over last 3 years, I had barely downloaded a few GB from there. Frankly, I was not using it at all. There is nothing that FSC has, which TL or FL.ro or many other trackers dont have. It was just another 'coveted' account in my kitty.

SealLion
19.06.11, 22:17
Pretty much what I think classyboy is also trying to say Blocker when he says ' a lot of activity' is that it's a decent community inside the forums. It's like you and me and a few others here in the sb-i forums. We've known each other on the forums for a long time, leave Visitor Messages, PM's, crack a few jokes here and there, have discussion, support one another,and etc..etc. As a result of our length of time, we've become intimately aware of one another on the forum and are good forum-friends with each other. The community spirit and the fact that people on the FSC forums must know one another really well and are involved in tracker-community is a mirror image of here. Since your here all the time too, Blocker, then that's how it must be there at FSC as well. I believe that's what classyboy must mean.

classyboy
21.06.11, 03:06
@Seallion, that's exactly what I meant. However, I do wish to point out one thing. I have been a member of many so called 'top' torrent sites in the past (FTWR, FSC, earlier even UK-t, etc. etc.); but believe me, SB-I stands out, SB-I is the best forum I have seen till now, has the best and approachable mods and admins, and people genuinely try to help each other. SB-I rocks!!!

THC
24.10.12, 16:52
FSC opens apps in PTN forums for Deckhands+:

FSC Talent Hunt 2012

The idea of this thread is to find some new members that are willing to be a part of FSC; to share your talent, skill, or just enthusiasm for fun through active and interesting posting. Activity is important to us, so lets break it down to what we have in mind.

There is a time limit for receipt of applications. Applications will only be accepted on Oct 31 between the hours of 12 am and 12 pm (GMT). That gives 8 days from the date of this post – plenty of time to pull this information together. Apps received before or after this time will not be accepted, so make sure you keep your eye on the calendar and the clock.

1. You might be interested in anything that's tech, graphics ( including but not limited to creating avatars, banners, signatures ), Mixed Martial Arts, Science, Philosophy, Self improvement, Cookery, Books, Films, Music, Anime or Sports.

2. You could be an active forum poster. This means intelligent well thought out posts and not just +1 spam.

3. You download a lot, or at some point may want to upload and share content. Please include an estimate of how much you download on average, each month.

4. You might be a great sharer and seed your torrents for an extended period of time.

5. You like to create reviews/tutorials/guides and whatnot. These kind of posts are always welcome.
The possibilities are endless. Be creative, and really think about what qualities you want to share as a member of FSC. We often hear people say that want to join because of the great community. We want to hear more of how you can help keep our community great.
As well as the above information, we also need your app to address the following:

6. ALL nicks and aliases used on all BT sites you are a member of including invite and BT forums. We value security immensely and this information enables us to ensure potential members will fit into our site. Please do not attempt to hide details from us, if you're found to be lying you will be added to our blacklist.

7. Your home IP address, and the IP addresses of any seedbox's you are using. If you're on a dynamic IP we'll require the IP range and one full example.

8. Profile links to ALL your trackers.

9. This next one is crucial: please post links to any other sites you belong to, specifically unrelated to torrenting. Obvious interests will be looked upon favourably.
Please also include profile links to any non-BT forums or communities you're active in.

Please post in this topic if you are interested and then send me your application by PM. For obvious reasons please don't post your info directly in this thread!
Once I have received your application, it may take some time for it to be reviewed. Depending on the number of applications i might not be able to send a "sorry" pm to everybody who have not been accepted so please don't be disappointed if you don't get a reply.

Let the sharing begin.

anon
24.10.12, 22:42
7. Your home IP address, and the IP addresses of any seedbox's you are using. If you're on a dynamic IP we'll require the IP range and one full example.

Can't you find out when I get invited?

Indigo
06.11.13, 10:58
Still invites disabled. That's so bad.:(