PDA

View Full Version : Freeleech good or bad for trakers?

Mihai
13.04.09, 13:25
There are a lot of people that say about freeleech that it's a bad thing becase users just download torrents and don't upload because the ratio is not afected.Well I think freeleech is the only thing that makes leechers with a small bandwidth to even download anything.
What do you think?

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
13.04.09, 13:28
For Trackers is Bad
For Members it's good because they can increase a lil'bit the ratio.
For Cheaters it's great because the number of leechers/seedeers it's big on freeleech torrents :biggrin:

anon
13.04.09, 17:39
I think that it's good both for the tracker and its members, if they don't take advantage of the freeleech to hit and run; they may feel more encouraged to download and seed once finished, without their ratios suffering any negative hit, and the tracker benefiting from the extra upload.

But if the freeleech lasts too long, people may start to hit and run indeed, as they may feel the staff doesn't care too much, rather than that they've given them an special period of time to improve their ratios.

SBfreak
13.04.09, 17:44
Freeleech is good for all!
For trackers because it will make more traffic and atract more peers
For members because they can increase ratio.
For cheaters because we all know how good are well leeched torrents:biggrin:

stripperu
13.04.09, 17:47
i think that is a good way for members of that tracker to make easy ratio , in rest i think that is a good thing :D

Aurion
13.04.09, 21:14
It surely have its advantages & drawbacks just like anything in this universe.But,I believe that the main reason behind inventing this idea at the first place,is to encourage users to use their accounts oftenly without getting them disabled of "Inactivity",still on the other hands,if we take some huge trackers like TT,TTi,SCT or SCC,and apply a global FreeLeech for just 24 hours,this would cause an excessive bandwith usage more than used per a week,so this is the only drawback I see in this feature.

Edymaster
15.04.09, 21:56
I think it's very good for us

nokia
15.04.09, 22:01
not so bad for trackers if they were using seedboxes .

Aurion
16.04.09, 01:07
What seedboxes have to do with FreeLeech ? you mean servers owned by trackers' admins to run data base of users,torrents copies,activity & log files.

alpacino
18.04.09, 07:35
I like freeleech very much myself because I think it's an advance in terms of bitorrenting usage. But there have to be rules for anti hit n run.

hojotrance
18.04.09, 09:53
i used to have very slow connection, so it was and are a good thing :) atleast for me :D