PDA

View Full Version : Run PeerGuardian2 RC 1 On Vista Successfully

kazuya
08.04.09, 19:55
Since @2223 posted about Peergurdian 2 i remembered that it has Vista compatibility problems,here some solutions that might help

*Not On Vista x64?? Then Skip Down To Hint #3 With The Batch File. This Will Work On All Vistas (Not Just x64)*

Please note that SP1 breaks the ability to disable driver signature enforcement through the command prompt method listed on the PG2 RC1 test 2 download page. Please use one of the following ways to disable it instead

1.Method
a. Boot up computer using F8.

b. At menu, choose this option to boot without driver signing (near the bottom of list):

"Disable Driver Signature Enforcement".(or download and install Ready driver plus(it automates F8 process)

c. Advantage: Lets you keep your security updates in place.

d. Disadvantage: You must always use F8 to boot if you choose this method of getting PG2 RC 1 Test 2 to run successfully w/Vista x64.[/i][/b]

2. Disable/Remove Windows Defender (optional).
It is possible that this app is causing problems with PG2 RC 1 Test 2 on Vista x64.

***Alternative to Hint #4 below can be found here:***
PeerGuardian 2 Vista RC1 - LOADER - Phoenix Labs (http://forums.phoenixlabs.org/showthread.php?t=16685)

3.Then if you can get PG2 to run (including GUI and Task Bar icon):

a. Disable PG2 before you exit the program.

b. When you open it again, it will be disabled.

c. Update your lists with PG2 disabled.

d. Enable PG2 and check to see if it is blocking IPs in the Protection Window.

4. If you are using µTorrent, it M*U*S*T not be running until PG2 is completely loaded! Once PG2 is fully loaded, you can manually open µTorrent.

but i rather stick to built in Ip filter in Vuze :tongue: