PDA

View Full Version : When trackers ban you for inactivity?

conan
07.04.09, 21:23
I was wandering when trackers ban you for inactivity?
Do they ban when you don't login or when you don't download?
Is it sufficient to just log in in order to keep an account active?
Or should i keep seeding something too? Or would it be useless cause they check if you download new stuff?
thanks

anon
07.04.09, 21:25
Usually they prune you when you don't log in, and logging in is enough to keep the account active.

But it depends on the specific tracker. Check their FAQ and Rules!

shoulder
07.04.09, 21:29
If I'm not mistaken you get disabled on BCG if your last announce was sent 100 days ago, but I'm not sure.

anon
07.04.09, 21:54
@shoulder:

Depending on member Class, will depend how much leeway you get. if you go to your torrent history and view the top torrent, if that torrent says last announce = greater than what I put below for your class, you will get pruned.

Only way to stop getting pruned is to either seed a torrent, or download a torrent, so your last announce on your top torrent resets to less than the time i put below.

KL = 31 days
User = 62 days
Power User = 93 days
Super Power user = 124 days

So if you find yourself disabled, because of this, dont come crying to the staff saying you did not know about it.

This is one example of the trackers where logging in every now and then isn't enough. So always read the FAQ and Rules before risking losing your account...

conan
07.04.09, 22:13
tnx for the answers, guys
I'm going to leave a torrent always in seeding at bcg

anon
07.04.09, 22:14
I have set a separate uTorrent install to startup with Windows and seed some BCG torrents, too. You could do that and won't even notice it's there. :smile:

alpacino
08.04.09, 00:38
When I entered waffles I've been greeted with a message that said something like "your account will be deleted if you don't download or post anything on the foruns in 2 weeks".

Aurion
08.04.09, 00:43
Well,this differs from a tracker to another,but in general a period of not more than 30~45 continous days must not pass between your log-in attempts for your account to stay alive.Still you should bare in mind that not all trackers keep accounts alive for just logging in,that means that some trackers such as iPlay,BTM,BMTV apply a rule that force you to download/upload something every 30 days.Anyway,you should keep an eye on Rules/FAQs on a regular basis as some amendments take place on certian parts like invites,inactivity ..etc now & then.