PDA

View Full Version : O&O DriveLED 2 free license key (legal)

anon
05.04.09, 19:24
Because hard disk drives contain parts designed to operate with precision to the nearest micro inch or at speeds topping as many a thousand of revolutions per minute, the possibility of a malfunction rises with the age of the hard disk. However, the possibility of a failure and subsequent loss of data is now easily controllable with O&O DriveLED 2. With O&O DriveLED 2 you have a reliable partner that accurately tells you when it is time to backup your important data or even if it is necessary to replace the hard disk. With only one license required for all the hard disks in your computer, you will remain constantly informed as to the condition of your hard disks and, most importantly, be warned in the event of a pending malfunction. O&O DriveLED not only contributes greatly to your system's security and the sustained availability of your data, but is the correct solution for SMART inspections of your hard disk.

Link (http://www.oo-software.com/home/en/special/driveled/) :thumbsup:

Register on that page. You'll be e-mailed the registration key. Use it to install the trial version (http://www2.oo-software.com/files/oodriveledv2/OODriveLEDEnu.exe) and it'll have full functionality.

SealLion
05.04.09, 20:17
I had a problem on my old external hard drive at one point.

I beleive that it was a cyclic redundancy error ( or something similiar to that name...can't remember atm) that kept popping up in uT. I had a look over at the uT forums and basically what I found out was that my external hard drive was 'dying'.

So, it seems to me that a proggy like this would help to at least diagnose for even external HDD.

I"m wondering if this program will even do the same as Hard Disk Spin Rite.

Anyways...I went over to the link and had a look at the program. I really like this:

Displaying the current temperature of each hard disk

and this:

Forecasting the life expectancy of each hard disk

as the only program that I currently have that checks any HDD temp is for my main HDD and that proggy is Everest.

Though now I"m wondering if O & O will check external HDD temp.

I think it might.

anon
05.04.09, 20:22
I haven't tried this app, but from what the description reads it'll mostly tell you when your HDD is dying. I guess that the DriveLED would have turned red in the case you mention. I think SpinRite is more oriented to data recovery and bad sector repairing...

Anyways...I went over to the link and had a look at the program. I really like this:

<quote>

and this:

<quote>

as the only program that I currently have that checks any HDD temp is for my main HDD and that proggy is Everest.

Another app that does that is HDDlife. :top:

SealLion
05.04.09, 20:37
Ah yes.....
That's right. Data recovery. I think that I was thinking of something else. Just couldn't come up with the right name at that time.

I never did try Spin Rite though, only heard of it.

But I'll check out the link a little more though.

Now it is nice to be able to see advertising for a free key rather than have to resort to other measures to obtain a program for free, yes??:biggrin:

anon
05.04.09, 20:39
I never did try Spin Rite though, only heard of it.

I once tried it. You have to create a bootdisk, and the scan process takes a long time, so if you need to recover something -> patience.

Now it is nice to be able to see advertising for a free key rather than have to resort to other measures to obtain a program for free, yes??:biggrin:

Agree. It feels kind of nice :cool:

kazuya
05.04.09, 20:46
i don' think any software will expand Hdd life because hdd is more mechanical from nature:tongue:best thing is to watch for temperatures and dust.dust on hdd can rise temp and so say bye bye to your hdd.under normal circumstances it can last for 15-20 years i think

SealLion
05.04.09, 22:06
kazuya, now that you mentioned dust. I'm wondering if fans that are placed underneath laptops, would have a tendency to move dust into a laptop and then inside it where the laptop's fan is that aids in cooling the laptop itself.

I have such a setup myself and now that its been mentioned re: dust, I'm curious to know.

I do clean under the thing with compressed air of course, but I do find it quite difficult to actually get inside the thing to do a thorough cleaning. And I don't have a screw driver that fits the bill to actually open up the laptop and then clean it. Also, I don't really want to do that as the last time that I did open up under a laptop was an older model that I didn't want any longer anyways.
The trouble those laptops are in opening is, to say the least, frustrating.

I took my current laptop to computer-guy once...didn't do a thorough clean-up, though.
and after having paid $30 bucks for the job he did, I could have done all that he did, myself.
I don't think that laptops are designed to have entry gained into them just for the sole purpose of cleaning as, I think, it's quite the job. More so for repairs I am sure.

WEll, nevertheless, I'm still waiting for my email response from anon's link. I'd like to at least check it out and see if, and what the website's advertising of the proggy does, does well or not.

kazuya
05.04.09, 22:17
The fans under laptop are they blowing air inside or they sucking air from laptop?If inside then normal that dust comes,well dust will so or so come and there are always fans that blow inside and that suck hot air out.i have desktop PC and Thermaltake Armor chase with net in front of fans but dust still comes abnormally inside

But as Anon said you can try HDDlife,it tells you apparently how long will your HDD live.I never tryed it but now i get interested to,will see what it says

Yea and, "blowing","sucking", don't get on false ideas:tongue:

SealLion
09.04.09, 06:47
I downloaded the software with the free key. I got the key in my email addy a day later.

I"ve got a desktop pic to show you what the thing looks like for those of you who read about it, but didn't download it for what-ever reason.

In all honesty, I don't think its much. The program basically shows your network; your partitions, if any; your drive; temp; allows the user to change the color of the desktop program if you'd want it too; shading as well, and some minor things that are not really worth mentioning.

The program has the look of a slim media player to tell you the truth. I don't think the program is much overall.

It does defrag while the computers running.....supposedly, that is.

Here's a few pics to show you what it looks like.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6499/oodefrag8001693.jpg

and here:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9933/oo2c.jpg

and here:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/635/oo38659223.jpg

and that's about it. :frown:

No options for the user to access. ONly a HELP file.

also, I should've remembered to give them my spam email, not my legit email addy.

Oh, and kazuya, I almost forgot to mention. The fan under my laptop, it just blows air to cool the machine from underneath. It does an 'OK', job, but to really cool it off, I place a cold pac on top. That sometimes cools it down to 38 C or so.

But I do wonder at times if it does blow dust into the laptop from underneath, you know??

kazuya
09.04.09, 13:47
But I do wonder at times if it does blow dust into the laptop from underneath, you know??

well it blows tons of dust but its not so serious
hmm i installed Hddlife and temp is about 33-36 and max temp says 46(i suppose that it can have)