PDA

View Full Version : CryEngine 3

kazuya
29.03.09, 13:06
Crytek came to GDC 2009 with a demo of CryENGINE 3. The new engine runs across the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3, in a bid to make development cycles cheaper, better, and faster for themselves as well as their licensees. Additionally, the engine will run on future consoles by using simple internal updates, so developers only have to worry about making the game, not porting it. An updated what you see is what you play (WYSIWYP) toolset allows developers to edit in real time across all three supported platforms. CryENGINE 3 contains numerous updates that developers can take advantage of: destructible environments, cloth simulations, hundreds of light sources, a real time soft particle system, real time dynamic global illumination, motion blur, depth of field, natural lighting, soft shadows, and a whole host of additional features.Read more (http://www.gamespot.com/hardware/blogs/hardware-insider/909185655/26826428/crytek-demoes-cryengine-3-for-pc-xbox-360-and-ps3.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=picks&tag=picks;title;2)

YouTube - CryEngine 3 GDC 09 presentation

bbb18
09.05.09, 14:08
It's hard to believe that theres is something more that could be improved. :eek3:
The game already seems frightening realistic to me :tongue:

Se7Ven
09.05.09, 15:46
wow i like it Crysiss was great and this will be fantastic

ededd
09.05.09, 20:10
when cryengine 4 will come out
it will be your real life
you will see all the physics that are in our real world
all the effects optic electric effects like there is our real world
this is my theory dont forget that

slikrapid
09.05.09, 20:21
nice demo, powerful engine

a few con's (might be because of the demo, not the engine):

- explosions/lights - all are too similar (copy/paste:rolleyes:),
- there should be more random wind influence or turbulence (on the equally sized smoke sources near the end)
- more destruction (beginning) on large scale objects - not just barrels, simple wooden structures, just the middle of the bridge
- facial expression are missing (closeups of skin surface)

- requirements :biggrin:

alpacino
09.05.09, 21:12
I personally don't like crytek because their engine can't even play nicely on monster rigs. I've seen reports all over of Crysis sucking on dual GTX 280 GPU's :confused2: :mad2:
I mean, how can they launch something which can't be experienced correctly?

On the other hand I love Unreal engine and also iD's. Looking forward to iD' tech5, that will kick some serious ass. :top:

slikrapid
09.05.09, 21:31
crytek because their engine can't even play nicely on monster rigs.

the price gamers have to pay in order to enjoy beautiful visuals

on the other hand unreal engines were always quite optimized so they games were playable on a wide range of machines

also, maybe valve will join in with their engine

vin123321
23.05.09, 22:01
And I thought Warhead looked good... This is going to be awesome :D

bbb18
19.06.09, 19:29
Yeah, i always though that too about unreal engines.
I loved Republic Commando :smile: