PDA

View Full Version : FileFront closes its doors

SBfreak
27.03.09, 18:20
It's always a sad thing when big gaming related websites and products go down, first EGM and nowFileFront (http://farewell.filefront.com/). Given that ModDB currently uses FileFront as an external mirror its safe to say this hits everyone quite hard, especially modders. FileFront will be closed down in a few days if any of you have any files you have hosted there maybe its best if you re-download them just so you will still have a copy.

We regret to inform you that due to the current economic conditions we are forced to indefinitely suspend the FileFront site operations on March 30, 2009. If you have uploaded files, images or posted blogs, or if you would like to download some of your favourite files, please take this opportunity to download them before March 30th when the site will be suspended. We would like to give a warm thank you to all of you who have been part of the FileFront communities we have built together. Your support has had a meaningful impact for all of us here at FileFront. Again, we want to give you a sincere “thank you” for your support over the years and wish you all the very best.
I have nothing else to say except I wish the best of luck to everyone effected.:top:

anon
27.03.09, 19:16
Better get on downloading now if there's a file you need. Wonder why they have to do this... the site only mentions that they were "forced" to. :confused:

kazuya
27.03.09, 20:55
To bad.Downloaded many times from there

Samanoske
01.04.09, 23:18
Darn it... I'm pretty certain that it can't be server costs nor inactivity, perhaps the management simply grew out of it? Either way, I'm gonna miss 'em.

EDIT : Gah! Crap, forgot it's April 1st... I think it's the 3rd year in a row I've been duped by website closure notices.

Dynamic
02.04.09, 02:33
Darn it... I'm pretty certain that it can't be server costs nor inactivity, perhaps the management simply grew out of it? Either way, I'm gonna miss 'em.

EDIT : Gah! Crap, forgot it's April 1st... I think it's the 3rd year in a row I've been duped by website closure notices.

Ahahah! I too fell for the trick!

Americans have weird humor!

:rolling_eyes:

anon
02.04.09, 18:07
If it was an April Fools joke, they tricked me as well. :tongue:

But it seems it wasn't:

FileFront has been acquired by the original founders of the site and will NOT be suspended as previously announced. This is NOT an April Fool's Joke.

After learning about Ziff Davis Media's plan to shut down FileFront at the end of March, the original founders of FileFront made the decision to buy it back from Ziff Davis Media.

We're happy to announce to the gaming community that as of today, April 1st, 2009, FileFront is a completely independent company again and is no longer part of Ziff Davis Media. All previously suspended services should be active and working again. We thank Ziff Davis Media for their cooperation and willingness to keep the site and community alive.

SBfreak
02.04.09, 18:42
I hate April Fools jokes...glad they bought it back..Now I don't have to search for a better site where I can upoad files:smile: