PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft to Tackle Pirated Windows XP Professional

anon
26.03.09, 19:08
Having dealt with the SoftMod Windows Vista activation crack, Microsoft will start hunting down pirated copies of Windows XP Professional, the flavor of the operating system labeled by the company as most popular with pirates. The software giant has cooked and will release an update to Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications designed to sniff out and flag as non-genuine unlicensed or otherwise hacked copies of XP Pro. "The WGA in Windows XP does not reduce a computer's functionality, even if the OS is determined to be a non-genuine copy," a Microsoft spokesperson explained. Alex Kochis, Director Windows Genuine Advantage, revealed that the latest update to the anti-piracy mechanism was capable to identify the latest fake and stolen/leaked product keys, as well as any cracks or additional methods used to bypass the activation process. At the same time there are other enhancements introduced to WGA Notifications by the refresh.

"With this release we've improved the design making it easier to install the update and to stay up to date with the latest release of WGA. This release focuses on the product edition that we find is most often counterfeited, Windows XP Professional," Kochis added. "This update includes the latest validation information including recently stolen or misused product keys and other information."

Microsoft to Tackle Pirated Windows XP Professional - Via WGA update - Softpedia (http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-to-Kill-Pirated-Windows-XP-Professional-107775.shtml)

Mutter
26.03.09, 19:26
"misused keys"...so what...all my keys are "misused". Should have spent the money on something better....

SealLion
27.03.09, 01:06
this is CRAP if I didn't know any better !!!

Go to the following links inside WinXP and I'll surprise you with something nice:

Click "My Computer"
Double click the C:/ Drive (Local Disk)
Double click the "WINDOWS" folder
Double click the "Help" folder
Double click the "Tours" folder
Double click the "WindowsMediaPlayer folder
Double click the "Audio" folder
Double click the "Wav" folder

Your going to be presented with a number of .WAV files.

So right click any one of these, and open it with NotePad.

Scroll right to the bottom and you should see this:

"2000-04-06 IENG Deepz0ne ISFT Sound Forge 4.5"

Or at least something similiar to it.

The first 4 digits may alter, but everything else stays the same

Here's mine:

LISTB INFOICRD 2000-04-06 IENG Deepz0ne ISFT Sound Forge 4.5

What's the story behind all those WinXP links I gave you. Here's the low-down:

You see 'Deepz0ne' is a very well known cracker. Here's some history on him and MS:

MS has been using a cracked version of Sound Forge to create files that are inside the Windows Tour folder.

These files have been made with Sound Forge 4.5 (The cracked version) first cracked by a cracker called "Deepz0ne".

Deepz0ne was one of the founders of the cracking group "Radium" and cracked the first ever Sound Forge 4.5, for illegal, pirate use.

So now it seems that Microsoft have got the pirate copy inside thier own OS, and just made the files on that.

Hipocrasy at its highest, yes??

EDIT:

OK, now you can bow down and say:

"Thank you SealLion. YOu are God':biggrin:

o

anon
27.03.09, 12:45
Nice bit of info! :top: Who would have imagined it...