+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: On which trackers have you been banned ?

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnareyouOK View Post
    Talking about SPD, why did its owner create so many trackers of the same type? Aren't IPT TD ST SPD Deildu all general types? same market segmentation strategy as P&G who created dozens of brands for shampoo alone? but how's it working precisely....
    The terms market segmentation and cornering the market fit fairly well when you consider the monthly profits he earns from these trackers. Anyway, each one has or had a gimmick to make them different. IPT is the best and biggest of the bunch, and can be yours for just $20! TorrentDay is the runner-up partly because they "invented" 100,000 users and used to artificially double all peer stats. Speed.cd is the smaller and friendlier one where you can apply for an invite without paying to download their fake aXXo torrents. I'm not familiar with SceneTime and Deildu, but guess who also owns lookpic.com, a seedbox provider and a huge pirate IPTV service?

Read the following threads if you want to have a laugh. When IPT's sysop got doxxed, we found out merwais was affiliated with him and possibly getting his share of the money too. Makes it funny (and a bit cringey) to read the posts where he denies being a shill, and those where he goes apeshit at me, because people who cheat don't donate for upload credit

https://filesharingtalk.com/showthre...t=351752&pp=40
    https://filesharingtalk.com/showthre...t=389435&pp=40
    https://filesharingtalk.com/showthre...t=431588&pp=40
    https://filesharingtalk.com/showthre...t=433661&pp=40
    https://filesharingtalk.com/showthre...t=443518&pp=40
    https://torrentfreak.com/fake-axxo-l...t-site-090608/
    https://filesharingtalk.com/showthre...t=457171&pp=40
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

sigduwksnsksis9283 (10.12.20) , cirulilu (10.12.20) , JohnareyouOK (10.12.20)

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    I don't think i'll ever stop cheating. It feels wierd when i dont cheat somewhere.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Read the following threads if you want to have a laugh.
    “Come on guys, specially Mr.Cheater anon-sbi!!!!” - my favorite line
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by H265 View Post
    I don't think i'll ever stop cheating. It feels wierd when i dont cheat somewhere.
    I can understand, as I'm still into it myself, but my interest lies mostly on the technical side of things rather than actually doing it.

“Come on guys, specially Mr.Cheater anon-sbi!!!!” - my favorite line
    You picked a fairly tame one. Back in the day, he used to detonate at me every time I mentioned IPT or its affiliate sites, irrespective of context... sort of like a lovesick puppy with rabies. Interestingly, this stopped completely after the last thread I linked to.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent/qtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    Never been banned from a tracker. I have had accounts get deactivated though.

Interesting how so many people get banned from TL. Seeding isn't always the easiest, but it doesn't require the user a ton of upkeep compared to other trackers. I'd assume a lot of users use it as a test tracker of sorts, seeing what they can get away with since most TL content is on other trackers?

Speed recently had signups. Everyone on Reddit was going on and on that you have to join because it is part of the IPT family (I guess that is a big deal?). I joined, looked around, and didn't notice anything special. I wasn't much of a fan of the interface either.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

svartevarg (26.01.21)

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Interesting how so many people get banned from TL. Seeding isn't always the easiest, but it doesn't require the user a ton of upkeep compared to other trackers.
    This thread is almost a decade old. The features that make TL easy to seed on nowadays (freeleech and bonus points) were only added fairly recently and much, much later than on other trackers of the same kind. There was also a time when they didn't open signups so often... or at all!

Speed recently had signups. Everyone on Reddit was going on and on that you have to join because it is part of the IPT family
    I'm surprised to hear that. Whenever the "IPT family" (a.k.a. mafia) is mentioned in Reddit, most replies will be along the lines of how these sites should not be supported in any way, even by merely possessing an account, because they're run by an unscrupulous sysop that is also known to have DDoSed his rivals and stolen peers from them. Which is true, mind you, but does not preclude what the occasional, more level-headed response will also tell you: they're good trackers on their own right and worth having, just don't donate or participate in the community and be sure to keep your account active.

Some time ago, an alleged ex-moderator of IPT made a post on /r/trackers showcasing how there is zero communication or cooperation between staff members there, and that he was ultimately banned by a higher-level one over a disagreement. It was... pretty interesting to read.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

illusive (26.01.21) , svartevarg (26.01.21) , moonlite (26.01.21)

P2P Client
    μTorrent 2.2.1
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss56
    Never been banned from a tracker. I have had accounts get deactivated though.
    Yep...suppose u are using a seedbox right? This is the safest practice

Interesting how so many people get banned from TL.
    Don't know if some of them have "overcheated" at least in the past. Now most users can get a decent seedbox, but sometimes that ain't enough as is time to restore a ratio to normal.

Speed recently had signups. I joined, looked around, and didn't notice anything special. I wasn't much of a fan of the interface either..
    Agree with u, but still better ui compared to all these trackers that use templateshares' themes.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent/qtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    I always wondered what tracker recruitment thinks of seeding points. On one hand, you would think points don't factor into your decision of letting someone into a tracker if their ratio is great. On another hand, having a large amount of points signals your ability to not freak out about ratio, and keep going down the path of retention until you reach higher amounts of upload. I mean.. which is better? I personal just wish everyone could understand the purpose of most trackers so we can all go ratioless like BTN.

Speaking of Reddit and tracker bans... I'm seeing quite a few posts lately about people leaving or being banned from RED. I wonder what is really going on there.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    I always wondered what tracker recruitment thinks of seeding points. On one hand, you would think points don't factor into your decision of letting someone into a tracker if their ratio is great. On another hand, having a large amount of points signals your ability to not freak out about ratio, and keep going down the path of retention until you reach higher amounts of upload. I mean.. which is better? I personal just wish everyone could understand the purpose of most trackers so we can all go ratioless like BTN.
    Retention is very valuable. Even if a minimum seeding time is not mentioned as a requirement, most recruiters would prefer a member who uploads 1 TB over 100 months rather than one who uploads 100 TB in 1 month. Anyone can rent a seedbox and pump-and-dump new torrents until they have more buffer than they'll ever need, but long-term seeding demands effort. Anyway, to answer your actual question, since a large amount of bonus points generally correlates to big seeding times, I suppose it would help. But as bonus systems can often be gamed, showing more "direct" proof would be better. (As a curiosity, I just checked my client, and the oldest torrents are at 1 year 45 weeks and counting. Not bad, but I'm sure there are hardcore users with much more.)

As for the ratio-free model, it's a noble one, but unfortunately doesn't work everywhere. If you allow people to delete their snatched torrents after seeding them for X days, you'll need to give them strong reasons to not do exactly that (or make the value of X be in the quadruple digits at least ), otherwise you'll only be good for newly-available stuff. If RED or PTP didn't enforce ratios, retention would suffer and so would their content selection, as there'd be way less incentive to upload; they'd be like a public tracker on this regard.

Speaking of Reddit and tracker bans... I'm seeing quite a few posts lately about people leaving or being banned from RED. I wonder what is really going on there.
    A lot of people see RED merely as a gateway to "better" trackers, with no regards for its content. And what's the fastest way to meet the requirements to access the invite forum? Seedbox plus massive uploading of Deezer or Bandcamp rips from the current year. Their upload rules, class system and presence of autosnatchers encourage this, at least indirectly, and the whole situation is a vicious circle, as attempting to compete against the seedbox whores virtually demands that you become one yourself. That's what most of the flak is about.

If you're a downloader who doesn't care about ranking up or BitTorrent politics, however, the truth is they remain an excellent source of music. Just follow the golden rule: download, seed and keep your mouth shut... it's worked for me so far, and freeleech tokens help a lot!
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

moonlite (27.01.21)

P2P Client
    utorrent/qtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    Retention is very valuable. Even if a minimum seeding time is not mentioned as a requirement, most recruiters would prefer a member who uploads 1 TB over 100 months rather than one who uploads 100 TB in 1 month.

As for the ratio-free model, it's a noble one, but unfortunately doesn't work everywhere.
    One reason why I want in TV-Vault is because I love the archive nature of the tracker. It isn't as much about getting content the quickest, but making sure a copy of the content is secure for people to be able to experience. Being someone who helped with an archive for a mainstream radio program, and started an archive for a popular band, I get how some content that seems obvious in circulation can easily disappear. My point in all this... I don't get why TV-Vault is ratio based. I would think TVV would adopt ratioless before BTN, as newer releases have much higher snatchers and less need for retention unless packs are being created.

With that said... I don't get how a ratioless model can be of benefit to a non archival tracker. I'm not in all these trackers, but the benefits of bonus points can only go so far, right? You almost have to respect the tracker as a whole. You can tell members they won't get invites, can't make requests, or post in sections of the forum until they aquire so many points, but after you have reach the set amount, why would a member feel the need to continue seeding?

Years ago I would literally keep seeding everything I grabbed. The difference today is that hard drive space isn't getting cheaper and the file sizes are getting larger. I would download TV episodes at 400MB a show. Now you are looking at a GB each. How do you choose what to continue on with? How do tracker staff members cut members slack on retention?

A lot of people see RED merely as a gateway to "better" trackers, with no regards for its content
    I sort of fall into that category. I'm a big music guy. I also though know everything I have has most likely floated around the internet multiple times over the years. When it comes to music specifically, I'd find more value in a tracker that focuses on rare (or unreleased) content and live bootlegs. DIME is a decent source, but too few seeders, far too many upload restrictions.

Everyone tells me if I want into trackers I need to go through RED. I'm honest with them, saying I don't want to disrespect trackers by joining when I have zero interest in their content. They don't want that guy. I don't want to be that guy. Sooner or later trackers have to smarten up and evaluate their numbers. How much of the percentage of members are deactivated for this very reason?

I'm on TorrentLeech. I've never downloaded anything I actually wanted. I'm building stats. So.. What would my use for TL be once I'm in BTN and TVV? I don't see it. And I hate being like that.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    I don't get why TV-Vault is ratio based. I would think TVV would adopt ratioless before BTN, as newer releases have much higher snatchers and less need for retention unless packs are being created.
    I guess they decided the impact on retention, the defining feature of an archive tracker, would be negative overall. Or that it ultimately didn't matter, because the sort of member active on a place like this wouldn't have changed their torrenting habits significantly. It ain't broke, don't fix it.

As for BTN, even they have strong incentives to keep seeding in the form of lumens and traffic-based promotions, plus the ability to show you're a good sharer on an "elite" site, which may open the doors to other places (it's certainly more helpful than an IPT ratio proof).

after you have reach the set amount, why would a member feel the need to continue seeding?
    Same reason as in public trackers: because they liked the content and want to help others find and obtain it. Also, while retention is of course always valuable, it is not necessarily a #1 goal. Most general trackers are happy with providing the latest stuff now, not particularly caring for its future; filelist.org even deleted all torrents 28 days after they were uploaded.

Everyone tells me if I want into trackers I need to go through RED. I'm honest with them, saying I don't want to disrespect trackers by joining when I have zero interest in their content. They don't want that guy. I don't want to be that guy. Sooner or later trackers have to smarten up and evaluate their numbers. How much of the percentage of members are deactivated for this very reason?

I'm on TorrentLeech. I've never downloaded anything I actually wanted. I'm building stats. So.. What would my use for TL be once I'm in BTN and TVV? I don't see it. And I hate being like that.
    RED isn't a tracker that regular people are expected to use every day. More like a giant music library that you turn to when you need something very rare, or a good copy upgrade, and other sources are dried up. The vast majority of accounts will follow that activity pattern; the site is essentially "carried" by a minority of enthusiasts, but most members just download and seed, without ever uploading any torrents or participating in the community. That's just how it is and staff are aware of it, so don't expect mass prunings or changes to inactivity rules. The "library" aspect of it is also why there can be dozens of torrents for a single album and seeding back is so damn hard, but survival is absolutely possible by taking advantage of freeleech tokens and the required ratio system.

In a nutshell, if you really are a big music guy you will definitely have use for RED irrespective of your tastes, so don't worry about this. And it really is a gateway to other trackers, so your choices may be pretty limited in any case.

As for TL, it's a Top 3 general tracker that gets most new stuff with excellent speeds, I don't think it's possible to have zero use for that
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent/qtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    As for BTN, even they have strong incentives to keep seeding in the form of lumens and traffic-based promotions, plus the ability to show you're a good sharer on an "elite" site, which may open the doors to other places (it's certainly more helpful than an IPT ratio proof).

As for TL, it's a Top 3 general tracker that gets most new stuff with excellent speeds, I don't think it's possible to have zero use for that
    What really do the incentives bring though? When internet speeds are good enough to get you the content you want within a matter of an hour, and slots don't matter as much if your tracker is ratioless, I don't see what they can provide. Maybe some free BTN merch or something. I don't know... I also feel as though if you are a good standing member at a tracker as high up there as BTN, you shouldn't have any problem getting into anywhere else.

This isn't to slam them. I'd love to be a member, but I don't see the true importance of points if there is no ratio or real need for a user class system. Half the point of even user classes is recruitment forums. If you are in BTN chances are you have access to one or two recruitment forums that can get you in to other trackers.

My point was.. What does TL have that say BTN doesn't? I'm sure BTN gets their content out just as quick and has just as good of speeds. You go on this journey and one tracker ends up replacing the other until you get the one you want.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    What really do the incentives bring though? When internet speeds are good enough to get you the content you want within a matter of an hour, and slots don't matter as much if your tracker is ratioless, I don't see what they can provide.
    Note that any and all incentives are an addition to the base reasons for seeding torrents: because it's the right thing to do and ensures content longevity. In fact, I'd like to think that's why people ultimately do it, since as you pointed out, the other rewards can lose their relevance over time.

My point was.. What does TL have that say BTN doesn't?
    Well, one advantage I can think of is that it's actually possible to join TL
    Thanks

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    I always wondered what tracker recruitment thinks of seeding points
    Not really seeding points but also considerations in seeding aspect when recruiting: #646.
    Besides, SSD and KeepFrds's user class requirements are heavily based around seeding points. The only english tracker I've seen that is similar is AR.

I don't want to disrespect trackers by joining when I have zero interest in their content. They don't want that guy. I don't want to be that guy.
    Just curious, if you were core decision maker of a TV private tracker, what recruit system would you design to screen "good" new members? Keep out as many cheaters (ironic to say but still), traders, hackers, FBI, people with ulterior motives for stealing user info and various other bad guys which cannot listed them all as possible. What would be a more effective recruit system than to recruit already validated people from other reputable trackers? (and more importantly and easily forgettable, without creating other new issues)
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent/qtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    Just curious, if you were core decision maker of a TV private tracker, what recruit system would you design to screen "good" new members? Keep out as many cheaters (ironic to say but still), traders, hackers, FBI, people with ulterior motives for stealing user info and various other bad guys which cannot listed them all as possible. What would be a more effective recruit system than to recruit already validated people from other reputable trackers? (and more importantly and easily forgettable, without creating other new issues)
    I want to first make one thing clear.

I don't believe recruitment for elite trackers are in the least bit about security. If you have a tracker that is widely known in the community and has been around for over 10 years, chances are it won't be invaded. Law enforcement in different parts of the world are always looking to take down copyright infringers. Why would we think for one moment, if they had any interest in getting into a widely known tracker, they wouldn't have found a way to do it already? I'm sorry.. Most government agencies have more high end talent working for them than any tracker in existence. That is how the system works. The government busts the criminals and then forces them to work for the government, providing better systems to take down more criminals.

It is the same with all the VPN nonsense. It does not make you any more secure. All it takes is a government to target a tracker and get a court order for VPN records. Sure.. A lot of VPN services claim to not log IPs, but they almost have to just to save their own asses.

As for how to recruit... Tracker etiquette acts as though every user is a one size fits all. We already know by studying business leadership that a one size fits all mentality does not lead to the best community. It is the reason why I wish points could be more valuable within trackers. By giving away points you can see that each individual user might have their own distinct place in the community. Not everyone is going to be a super seeder with unbelievable internet speeds and library to upload. Does that automatically mean they have nothing to offer?

Cheaters are going to cheat. They are also going to do everything possible to disguise their cheating. Case and point - this site alone has a forum dedicated to how to cheat in almost every tracker, and upon registration encourages people to pick a username they don't use on trackers. So, we know to a degree you will never stop cheating. I guess the question you have to ask yourself then is.. What do you do about leechers? If a tracker is well known to have recruitment forums, it is going to attract the highest level of cheaters. They know they don't have to register on 15 trackers just to get the invite they need. Leechers will just go to the trackers which have the content they want.

Let us for a moment take on the perspective of dissolving recruitment on high end trackers. Assuming you can prove you are on a tracker or two with at least a 1.0 ratio and/or a few months activity.

Maybe something like this upon entry (off the top of my head) :

New users are able to download a total of ________ torrents before being subjected to the Hit And Run rule. Hit And Run is based on a full year of activity. If a user is given a HnR they get a warning. A second HnR gives a suspension. Third HnR is account deletion. You can remove HnRs either by the yearly reset or using ___________ amount of points

Most people are honest in nature. If they don't enter the tracker overwhelmed by rules and regulations, and are told they can actually have whatever they want (the X amount of torrents pre-HnR), they will feel more willing to give back. If they are well aware that staff realizes everyone makes mistakes, it not only makes staff look friendly, but you no longer have this mentality of "stick it to the man". A year of membership is an extended period of time. Three is fair in allowing a mistake or calculated risk. Someone who does it repeatedly is an actual leecher. And the banning of the account comes at no price to the tracker. Three less seeds on three torrents, spread out within a year. For an elite tracker that has so much content, these leechers wouldn't even make a dent in your retention. Everyone gets reset each year. I can tell you the guy who gets 2 HnRs in 6 months and is stuck sweating it out for the next 6 months is going to be a ten times better member of the community next year. Why...? He actually had to take the time to learn not to be a leecher without someone breathing down their neck, telling them they can have their tracker reputation ruined any second. And who knows... they might have spent the last 6 months gaining points by contributing to the community in some way, simply because they knew there was no more room for mistakes.

This is all of course assuming we are talking about a well established tracker and not a new one. I do believe brand new trackers should be more selective. not only because they do pose a bit more of a security risk, but also because you don't have an established member base to rely on. I personally feel those of us who have been at this a long time shouldn't have to feel like we are guilty until proven innocent every time we want into a tracker.
    Last edited by Nat; 29.01.21 at 05:20.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast