+ Fix Tracker Update Interval Divider
    + Use Swarm Peers fixed
    + Updated core to BiglyBT 2.3.0.0

BiglyBT Change Log:
    BiglyBT Change Log
    Vuze Change Log
    Installation:

Windows

1. Download and install the latest OpenJDK Java. It must be Java version 13 or higher. (JDK GA Release).
    2. Download and install the latest non-beta BiglyBT release (BiglyBT - Download).
    3. BACK UP YOUR TORRENT LIST! IT IS LIKELY YOU WILL LOSE IT!
    4. Extract the hack files using 7-Zip (7-Zip Download) or equivalent to %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT) and overwrite ALL files.
    5. Delete the "jre" folder in %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT).
    6. Open the OpenJDK archive downloaded in step 1 and extract the "jdk-XX" folder to the BiglyBT folder %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT).
    7. Rename the extracted "jdk-XX" folder to "jre".
    8. Run Notepad as Administrator and open %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT\BiglyBT.exe.vmoptions (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT\BiglyBT.exe.vmoptions), append the following line:
    NOTE: If you want to run BiglyBT-console.exe perform step 8 but instead create file "BiglyBT-console.exe.vmoptions"
    Code:
    --patch-module=java.base=ghostfucker_utils.jar
    --add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol=ALL-UNNAMED
    9. Run BiglyBT and Enjoy!

macOS
    1. Download and install the latest Java. It must be Java version 9 or higher. (JDK GA Release). Note the path to the OpenJDK archive downloaded. You will need it for step 5.
    2. Download and install the latest non-beta BiglyBT release (BiglyBT - Download).
    4. Extract the hack files within the ZIP file to /Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt and overwrite ALL files.

NOTE: To see the folder in Finder, you may need to perform the following steps:
    4a. Open Terminal
    4b. Run the following command:
    Code:
    defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
    4c. Hold the "Option/Alt" key, then right click on the Finder icon in the dock and click Relaunch
    4d. Once you have copied the files, you can revert to hiding folders with:
    Code:
    defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO
    5. Open up a Terminal and run the following commands. NOTE: You need to replace "PATH_TO_OPENJDK_ARCHIVE" in the first command to the path to the OpenJDK archive from step 1.
    Code:
    OPENJDK_ARCHIVE="PATH_TO_OPENJDK_ARCHIVE"
    sudo rm -r "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/jre.bundle"
    sudo tar -xzf "$OPENJDK_ARCHIVE" -C "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/"
    sudo mv "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/jdk-"* "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/jre.bundle"
    echo -e "\n--patch-module=java.base=ghostfucker_utils.jar" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
    echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol=ALL-UNNAMED" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
    6. Run BiglyBT and Enjoy!

Linux
    NOTE: Based on Ubuntu 19.10
    1. Install the latest OpenJDK and libjna package from your distro's package repository. On Ubuntu 19.10 this is openjdk-13-jre and libjna-java.
    NOTE: Some distros do not have an OpenJDK of version 9 or greater available. In which case, you will need to download and extract the tar.gz package supplied by OpenJDK (JDK GA Release).
    Code:
    sudo apt install openjdk-13-jre libjna-java
    2. Download the latest non-beta BiglyBT release and make it executable (BiglyBT - Download).
    Code:
    wget https://files.biglybt.com/installer/BiglyBT_Installer.sh
    chmod +x BiglyBT_Installer.sh
    4. Run the installer, specifying app_java_home variable to your JRE folder. On Ubuntu, this is: /usr/lib/jvm/java-13-openjdk-amd64/
    Code:
    app_java_home="/usr/lib/jvm/java-13-openjdk-amd64/" ./BiglyBT_Installer.sh
    5. Extract the hack files within the ZIP file to "~/biglybt" (/home/<username>/biglybt)
    Code:
    unzip -o BiglyBT_*.zip -d "~/biglybt"
    6. Append the following VM options:
    Code:
    echo "--patch-module=java.base=ghostfucker_utils.jar" >> "~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
    echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol=ALL-UNNAMED" >> "~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
    7. Run BiglyBT and Enjoy!

Troubleshooting:
    Before posting problems please make sure:
    1. You have updated Java in the "jre" folder to the latest version (must be Java 9 or higher) (JDK GA Release]).
    2. You have uninstalled BiglyBT using the uninstaller.
    3. You have removed the BiglyBT Application folder:
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\BiglyBT (Windows x64)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\BiglyBT (Windows x86)
    /Applications/BiglyBT (macOS)
    ~/biglybt / /home/<username>/biglybt (Linux)
    4. You have removed the BiglyBT Settings folder:
    NOTE: THIS WILL RESET ALL BIGLYBT SETTINGS AND TORRENT LISTS
    Code:
    %APPDATA%\BiglyBT / C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\BiglyBT (Windows XP - Application Data may be Hidden)
    %APPDATA%\BiglyBT / C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\BiglyBT (Windows Vista - AppData may be Hidden)
    /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/BiglyBT (macOS)
    ~/.biglybt / /home/<username>/.biglybt (Linux)
    5. Reinstalled BiglyBT using the package from BiglyBT - Download.
    6. Re-applied the hack by following the installation instructions above.

Portable Mode:
    Portable mode is now built into BiglyBT / Vuze. See wiki article: Portable Vuze.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by DigitalDJ; 08.03.20 at 07:51.
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

lotteria (22.08.21) , Poppeye (10.08.20) , Clectus (16.04.20) , ilkr77 (13.04.20) , eragooo (04.04.20) , insane (04.04.20) , Instab (03.04.20) , senshi (24.03.20) , UserXY (21.03.20) , vren43 (21.03.20) , No one (20.03.20) , tixev79853 (19.03.20) , Spongebob (17.03.20) , ryaneagle (16.03.20) , jpopsuki (16.03.20) , crystal (15.03.20) , kgshank (15.03.20) , kelly (15.03.20) , Vation (13.03.20) , buddhay (12.03.20) , infected_ (12.03.20) , artins90 (08.03.20) , Maitikaonyx (08.03.20) , termit779 (08.03.20) , anon (07.03.20) , Datendiebstahl (07.03.20) , salsa12 (07.03.20) , lil-fella (06.03.20) , Sazzy (05.03.20) , lyric (05.03.20)

Coder
    P2P Client
    BiglyBT Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss633
    Quote Originally Posted by JP2020 View Post
    yes yes
    I have spent hours on this too despite sorting how to install it so it works except for the client id issue, yet I still persisted in trying to find the cause to help others who might get it as you ignore them.
    You claim "ignore", but again, people have lives. This isn't my life. Get over yourself honestly. This is not my job.

- I was just initially hindered by acting your duff instructions, your limited and duff suggestions and (my error) not initially taking the EM patch out of the equation
    You're hindered by the many assumptions you make yourself. Many assumptions means red herrings. You do things to "solve" problems that are not part of the instructions.

I've given you so many straight instructions that you simply haven't followed since you constantly think it will make no difference. It's not my problem you don't have an IQ over 90.

You dont even state whether biglybt should be restarted after initial install before the patch although it seems reasonable to ASSUME not. It does try to update if you run it.
    I don't even understand what you're saying here. Restarted after initial install?

The instructions state to install the latest BiglyBT release. If BiglyBT "updates" after you run it, it means it's updating plugins. They're allowed to update. That's not a problem. Even if you use an old installer and BiglyBT updates to say 2.4.0.0, once you copy over the mod, it will just revert back to 2.3.0.0. This is a non-issue. Literally, the entirety of the important code for BiglyBT is contained within one file - BiglyBT.jar

At least on Windows, you can't even replace the JAR while BiglyBT is running. Quite frankly, this mod isn't for a target audience of people with no technical expertise.

and although careful scripts can easily identify these spoof clients even if they are working properly, as I quickly saw (noted one to anon), as I said - my tests were on old http trackers with sod all in the way of scripts

and as you say, you should know far better than me what relationship client/client_id/user_agent have to
    I don't know what in the fuck you're saying here. You're still not grasping the fact that without seeing what is sent to the tracker, it makes it difficult to guess what is causing the tracker to identify the client. Knowing that it's the User-Agent narrows the number of places the problem could be down to approximately 2 locations, rather than say quadruple that. Process of elimination is key.

and what these sort of things do (once you accept they exist) created in the session today:

AppData\Local\Temp\e4j9FB2.tmp_dir1585749765\exe4j lib.jar
    .. which is just some java shit to me.
    Temp is Temporary. Always. This is not a JRE, not a JDK. Not an installation of Java.

Oh and jdk vs jre for the normal people out there

Biglybt uses features which are in the JDK but not in the jre in things like swarm discovery and bigly messaging particularly PGP type stuff (keys).

So if you use jre rather than jdk there is some stuff that wont work - the full extent of which I'm not sure of.
    Dear god this is some misinformation right there. Just use Google, jesus. How do you even come to this conclusion. I don't even understand how your brain works.

BiglyBT comes with the JRE.

The JRE is the Java Runtime Environment, the JDK is the Java Development Kit. The JDK contains the JRE and comes with additional developer tools, for compiling Java code.

BiglyBT does not need the JDK. The mod doesn't need the JDK. You don't get any extra features in BiglyBT, or the mod, for using the JDK over the JRE.

The only reason we use the JDK is because Oracle stopped distributing the JRE installer (binaries) for free after Java version 11. OpenJDK provides the latest Java binaries for free, and since the JDK also includes the JRE, we use it.
    Last edited by DigitalDJ; 02.04.20 at 14:37.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss48
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDJ View Post

Dear god this is some misinformation right there. Just use Google, jesus. How do you even come to this conc
    Because one of the bigly developers said it on the Bigly forum threads perhaps?
    - quite clearly ...

So why are you pointing users at the JDK - which from your perspective there is just extra bloat for the users?

and now I've looked again, never ever ever seen a program leave so much shit lying about in the temp dir.
    Dunno if thats the bigly code doing that ... or yours
    Last edited by JP2020; 02.04.20 at 16:47.
    Thanks

Coder
    P2P Client
    BiglyBT Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss633
    Because one of the bigly developers said it on the Bigly forum threads perhaps?
    - quite clearly ...

and now I've looked again, never ever ever seen a program leave so much shit lying about in the temp dir.
    Dunno if thats the bigly code doing that ... or yours
    Please link such thread. Your history here shows you seem to have trouble interpreting things you?re not familiar with. I am certain that using the JDK in place of the JRE offers no benefit to BiglyBT and I have absolute confidence in the BiglyBT developers to not have made such an absurd statement.

I literally explained to you why we point to the JDK. Just more evidence you literally do not read. Yes, you could pick out just the JRE components from the OpenJDK zip file, but considering we have users that apparently have trouble extracting said zip file to a folder....hmmm.....

Install4j is what creates files in Temp, and they get cleaned up after installers or BiglyBT exits, as long as something is not preventing them from being deleted. Code is neither related to the mod, or BiglyBT, just another irrelevant thing to bitch about. Vuze uses an older version of the same god damn launcher.
    Last edited by DigitalDJ; 02.04.20 at 17:14.
    Thanks

I can confirm that the only extras the JDK offer are things like javac (compiler), javadoc, jdb (debugger), ...
    So basically the JDK offers nothing for running programs. Unless they're using anything under javax.tools, (like generating and compiling code at runtime), which seems highly unlikely to me. Let alone anything useful for users.

edit: Found a nice overview:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CBNux.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	20346

JDK is a superset of JRE, and contains everything that is in JRE, plus tools such as the compilers and debuggers necessary for developing applets and applications. JRE provides the libraries, the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), and other components to run applets and applications written in the Java programming language.
    Last edited by Sazzy; 02.04.20 at 21:19.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss48
    Now I realise that this actually may seem and actually be a stupid question .. I don't know but:

The 13.2 installed java I have has both client and server dirs in \bin
    The Windows/64 one on the linked page (which I keep copying in) only seems to have server
    http://jdk.java.net/13/

That an issue?

(I have re-downloaded it a few times over the past week and again just now)
    Last edited by JP2020; 02.04.20 at 21:58.
    Thanks

Coder
    P2P Client
    BiglyBT Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss633
    That an issue?
    Nope. Link is correct, zip still valid.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss48
    Not for me

minor change made to bring it in line with what you say is 'right' and it all went tits up again - so uninstalled ... again.

Went to v1.8 and apart from the inline stub install failing on fetching the java (which azureus fetched with no issues in 2 versions earlier today) requiring me to use the +java installer
    ... all went fine. No needing to 'fuck around' with anything. No java erors - just worked with a java 9 extract replacing the install jre.

Not checked spoofing yet
    Last edited by JP2020; 04.04.20 at 00:21.
    Thanks

Coder
    P2P Client
    BiglyBT Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss633
    Not for me

minor change made to bring it in line with what you say is 'right' and it all went tits up again - so uninstalled ... again.

Went to v1.8 and apart from the inline stub install failing on fetching the java (which azureus fetched with no issues in 2 versions earlier today) requiring me to use the +java installer
    ... all went fine. No needing to 'fuck around' with anything. No java erors - just worked with a java 9 extract replacing the install jre.

Not checked spoofing yet
    Either provide the log I asked for to troubleshoot the issue or stop bitching.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    BiglyBT Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss229
    @JP2020
    I don't know what problems they have with java you are trying all kinds of versions
    what exactly is your problem Java, BiglyBT, Perfect Spoof.
    Thanks

Everything is working fine for me. No problem at all. Both Windows and Mac OS.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss48
    Quote Originally Posted by --->HDBD<--- View Post
    @JP2020
    I don't know what problems they have with java you are trying all kinds of versions
    what exactly is your problem Java, BiglyBT, Perfect Spoof.

Summary

I had a working age old azureus+EM with working spoof - a couple of minor issues which were documented but no real issue to me so had been using it for years

Thought - lets try biglybt, its 64 bit so shouldn't even affect my 32 bit working Az

Saw line one of instructions didn't seem to make sense, read through the threads, saw various responses so installed a 13.2 java linked by someone else referring this in the threads

Tried to install bbt 2.2.0.2 - the first bigly I had installed
    It failed trying to download the java - still does this with BBT installs - does NOT do this for azureus installs

Tried copying extracted contents of linked file into biglybt\jre folder thinking that I had misunderstood
    Still the install failed.
    Tries a few other things, none of which should make any difference just as my installing a java shouldn't have done anything but enable it

Went round the circuit a few times and eventually found the biglybt+java install - which worked.

For some reason the 'do you want to start bbt option didn't come up - it just restarted
    It started ok - IT did some downloading - then when it seemed to have stopped doing stuff
    I shut it down and then deleted the biglybt\jre and copied the extracted linked jdk into biglybt and renamed it jre (yes the right level folder)

started biglybt from the created shortcut - java errors
    I thought 'fuck this' and tried to fire up my old azureus - it wouldn't start.
    So it was a choice between uninstalling everything and a fresh run at the old azureus or persist a bit
    I chose wrong

Then round the circuit a few more times 'fucking around with java' sand asking questions here as so many others have before trying to get it to start - it eventually did but ONLY with an installed java and the system path set to that installed java

Some stability issues - and you raised the spoof issue

Dickwad says its my 'fucking around with java - none of which apart from setting the installers system variable should have made any real let alone negative impact on the bbt running
    You have a java install if I read your java list correctly as does loads of people
    I almost ceratinly ended up with LESS java in my system than almost everyone.

- but I listened and tries all sorts including uninstalls and a deep scan and removal of all java and install of 2.3+java after uninstall of 2.2.0.2 - breaking other things - yet they were working and tidy installs

Got it working but with stability issues and no spoof

It gave the impression of 2 different programs doing stuff in tandem - but there was not 2 instances as far as I could see.

Installed old azureus from scratch - no issues with install including its inline download of java/whatever

What I HAVE seen since
    is crap left in the temp folder as despite the log showing bbt issuing deletes for the temp files - they remain
    A core_BiglyBT2.2.0.2.jar appearing in temp (looks like a torrent download by biglbt which I knew nothing about) dated after I had unistalled that version and installed 2.3.0.0
    Deleted the lot from appdata\local\temp (not suggested as to be deleted unlike the roaming folder which loses everything.

So just uninstalled it all yet again, including the az, bigly + java ... again
    Went to the latest bigly version pre 2.x with a +java installer on github - which is 1.8
    Installed fine
    Copied the referred version extracted code just as I did first time with 2.2.0.2 - fine
    Started fine
    Working fine so far apart from spoof client id/user agent not working - and only downloading it and tried once for success - not many times like with 2.2 and 2.3

So I'll do what I agreed I would (now I can) and then fuck this.
    Simply seems pointless saying what I see to have some arsehole step sideways on it and say I'm not doing what I am doing and not seeing what I am seeing
    .. just like he has so many times before to others
    Last edited by JP2020; 04.04.20 at 21:05.
    Thanks

Coder
    P2P Client
    BiglyBT Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss633

- but I listened

Bitch please, you hypocrite. You wonder why I ignore morons around here. You're the reason. Time in my life is better spent not replying to people like you.

You haven't done a single thing I asked you to do to troubleshoot or debug either the PersectSpoof, or your Java installation issues.
    Last edited by DigitalDJ; 05.04.20 at 09:44.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss48
    LOL
    and you still haven't even corrected that first line despite spending shitloads of time doing anything you can to point the finger elsewhere
    Twat

Note to self

Its fckn obvious that install as a first step means copy at a later step now isnt it

and that simply installing a stated version of java for a java program (which many will probably already have installed anyway) is not only a stupid assumption, it is 'fucking around with java' and will break things

I mean, who would assume you should install java, as a first requirement for a java program, simply based on some demonstrable arsehole simply stating that as a requirement for little more than a few years concurrent.

Silly me.

Can't be arsed to link all the arrogant, useless shit you've thrown at people with issues (including this issue) through the releases and over the years
    Thought about it but not sure if theres a limit on post length it would break.

and thats even before you get to: should you allow the bigly install to restart and update or not
    - despite that being included in patches since longer than most here were born.

and thats before you use/compile with a later version of java than the program very successfully uses

and thats before you use a version apparently with closed code rather than one of the quality iopenjdks

and thats before telling users to copy/install/shove up your ass jdk bloat rather than jre

the list does go on.

Bit of a numpty really aren't you?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    BiglyBT Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss229
    So please, stop insulting
    Thanks

Coder
    P2P Client
    BiglyBT Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss633
    Its fckn obvious that install as a first step means copy at a later step now isnt it

and that simply installing a stated version of java for a java program (which many will probably already have installed anyway) is not only a stupid assumption, it is 'fucking around with java' and will break things
    Clarified the step for you multiple times, and you still kept installing Java. You can install Java if you like. As I said, once extracted to the "jre" folder, the install4j launcher will always use the JRE in that folder over a system install.

and thats even before you get to: should you allow the bigly install to restart and update or not
    - despite that being included in patches since longer than most here were born.
    Also clarified this for you. It doesn't matter if you let BiglyBT update after installing the latest version. The only updates will be plug-in updates which do not affect the mod.

and thats before you use/compile with a later version of java than the program very successfully uses
    We do this because the implementation PerfectSpoof modifies the HttpURLConnection code from the Java API. Therefore, to keep this code current and patched with security issues, we use the HttpURLConnection code from the latest Java release.

and thats before you use a version apparently with closed code rather than one of the quality iopenjdks

and thats before telling users to copy/install/shove up your ass jdk bloat rather than jre
    Closed code? What? I explained this to you. Do you ever read anything?

What about "OpenJDK" seems closed to you? We literally use OpenJDK because it is free and open-source. The whole reason we have to use the OpenJDK, and not JRE, is because Oracle no longer provides binary JRE redistribution for free.

OpenJDK is the completely open-source reference Java implementation.

If you're going to claim ~50MB is "bloat" on modern systems, you've got problems. If you want to strip down the JDK to just the JRE, you are more than welcome to in your own time.

Bit of a numpty really aren't you?
    Thanks to HDBD's data, we've solved the PerfectSpoof issue.
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

BillyG (12.04.20)

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast